T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

Nice to see you again Yoda. 

Its snowing here this morning. I'm just curled up on my bed, with my puppy, watching the snow come down. 

Edited by noelKt5

Oh ok... it's summer in Australia, so pretty hot.

We had our chess wrap up last week. I got over a hundred dollars in prize money. :P

:starwars:

I had the day from you-know-where. 

Woke up thinking I worked at 10, actually worked at nine. It snowed like 6 inches overnight and no plow in sight so I'm rushed, dealing with snow, etc. 

Finally shovel out, get on the road (mostly because district manager said so. >_>)  I'm doing 45 on the freeway, speed limit is 60, so not too bad, keeping up with the main pack, tryna avoid those slowskies.  I get stuck behind this dude going 20, switch lanes and lose control, going from the middle lane to the right berm,crossing two lanes as I fishtail and smack into the guardrail.  No other cars were involved.  But this freeway is busy and fulla rubberneckers, so I'm getting stared at while i'm freaking out. And I was facing the wrong way, so I didn't have the room to turn around. Called the cops, they told me to stay in the car. It's cold, so I've got the heat on but the fumes from all the rubber neckers are getting in, so I have to cycle it.  It's cold. like 5 (F)

Start praying 'cuz i'm freaking out, I need some human interaction. Not five mins later this dude pulls up and tries to help pull me out, talks to me, calls Triple A for a tow (which I didn't need, but I wasn't sure WHAT I needed, so,...) and then says that AAA advises we get somewhere warmer. 

Children, riding in cars with strangers is ill advised, but I chanced it anyway. As I gathered up my stuff, I was like "Ok Jesus, I prayed for this, this better be okay." and get in the car with a stranger and we go over to Chick-fil-a across the street while we wait for the  tow truck.

200 dollars and cop chewing me out for driving too fast (... I was not!) and not staying with the car (Uhhh... fumes and brrrr dude.) I bought some duct tape for my fender and headed off to work.

Got there two hours late, in one piece.

Keep having flashbacks though. Ugh.

Oh little sis, that's awful. And shame of that police officer! That was an unsafe situation to stay in!

I know! my car was halfway in the lane, I could have easily gotten hit by some doofus! That's what I was thinking. What would you do if you were cold, scared, no training and were in your first accident on a major freeway?  Would YOU stay in the car? probably not. He was super arrogant, I kinda sorta back talked him a little. Who's gonna stay in a cold car sucking in gas fumes?  Nobody! I was cycling heat, but still. e.e

Edited by Boogles

Just.. probably not gonna get in the car with a stranger again. I'll be the first to admit that's risky. But I was praying the whole time.

So true. Very glad that you are safe. And that the stranger was a good dude who looked after you. 

Thanks. Me too.

He even made sure the tow truck guy was good to me. Must've had sisters. Nice guy. I've put an APB on Facebook about him, I want his info so I can send him a thank you and gift card. He deserves it. 

That's awesome and very sweet of you Boogles. 

So last night was the agency Christmas party where i work. I love my job, and I love the people I work with, however, I've got some serious issues with our lack of appropriate boundaries. The man that owns this Agency, owns several other businesses, including a bar. So his gift to us is the bar for an even. Free drinks for 3 hours. I like to go and observe while bad life choices are made by all. I've seen my bosses do shameful things, and I can't look them in the eye anymore. 

I had warned my boyfriend about how horrible this event becomes. He didn't believe me. Needless to say, he got quite a shock. 

Wow - the man who runs where you work also runs a bar? Those things don't always go together. 

He's a very very rich man who owns a lot of stuff around my area. He owns a large, well known mental health agency that has offices in several counties, my specialized agency that operates in a handful of counties, a drug and alcohol treatment center, a bar, a restaurant, a physical therapy clinic, and a massage therapy center. I have been employed by more than one of his establishments, yet I have never laid eyes on the man. He prefers to not interact with his employees. 

yep, which is why the holiday parties for his employees at all his different establishments are hosted at that bar. Which is kinda ironic for the therapists at the drug and alcohol therapy center. 

On a completely random note, I have a thing for owls. People are aware of this, so I get a lot of owl stuff as gifts. My bedroom has stuffed owls everywhere, as well as owl votive and tea light holders. There's an owl sconce in my dining room, an owl cookie jar in the kitchen, and a sculpture in my living room. Multiple people have asked me about the owls and then state that owls have some sort of significance in paganism. I then have to explain that I grew up on a farm, where there was a barn owl that always hung around. So I like my owl stuff, it reminds me of home and is very comforting to me. 

Tonight there is an owl right outside of my bedroom window. It's hooting ever so softly, and I'm loving it so much. I keep closing my eyes and imagining I'm back home. Of course, my puppy wants to kill it, but has finally calmed down about the whole situation. 

13 hours ago, noelKt5 said:

yep, which is why the holiday parties for his employees at all his different establishments are hosted at that bar. Which is kinda ironic for the therapists at the drug and alcohol therapy center. 

That's like telling me to go on a shoppin spree at DSW, open tab. 

I'm a recovering shoe-addict you see.

OMG YOU GUYS I SAW HOME FREE LAST NIGHT AND THEY WERE AWESOME! i GOT TO MEET THE BAND'S FOUNDER. he's such a cutie!

That sounds pretty cool Jen.

Shoe addict? I'm glad you're recovering. :P  How can people be addicted to buying shoes? 

It was awesome. I miss my barn owl. Lol. 

I'm right there with you Boogles. Show me a nice, yet unique pair of heels and I'm a goner. 

5 hours ago, Yoda said:

That sounds pretty cool Jen.

Shoe addict? I'm glad you're recovering. :P  How can people be addicted to buying shoes? 

My strange addiction? And it's not so much buying shoes as mostly just hoarding them

I KNOW. My think it boots though. It'd be heels if not for eternal winter. 

I have a rainbow, all lined up under my dresser, all shiny patent leather, with the almond toe (I'll never understand the pointed toe): the classic black pump, black peep to pumps, black and tan snake skin, tan, wine colored, navy, mint green, metallic gold, bright red, and hunter green. I've been eyeing up a bright pink pair recently. 

oh funny. 

I have rounded to almond toes, and mostly boots, combat, knock off doc martens, knee high, ankle. My knock offs are silver metallic. everything else is black or brown. I have converse too.