T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

It was. I only continue to attend that church because my entire family goes there, and my older sister and her husband just love it. So going there means seeing my niece and nephew more often. 

Speaking of my niece, i forget if i mentioned that awesome christmas gift she gave me. She's 7 and takes a lot of dance classes. She just loves doing ballet. There's a really nice theater across the street from my office, and every so often I'll be walking into work and they will be advertising an upcoming show with some famous Russian ballet company. Then I'll run across the street and buy tickets for the two of us. So going to the ballet is our special thing. For christmas I had asked for an angel to complete my nativity that I set up. When looking at the options, my niece found an angel that you wind up, then she spins around and plays music. When she discovered that it plays music from the nutcracker, she insisted that my sister get that one for me, "because it's ballet music, and that's my special thing with Aunt Jenny-Jen." The kid just melts my heart sometimes. 

On 1/9/2017 at 10:42 PM, Marley said:

Eventful rental history is problematic as is being a 19 year old but eh... you do what you gotta do. Unfortunately you're looking at kind of a rough time. I've had the best luck when I advertise in late spring to early summer. Craigslist is probably the best site but sometimes college towns will have FB groups with people looking for roomies (though students are a mixed bag, generally if their old enough to buy their own drinks you're ok). As much as it feels squicky (mainly because you'll get squicky comments) it's good to put up an ad as well as look at people renting rooms as such. Be friendly, sound fun, state exactly what you're looking for (though, realize if you say your looking for singletons as oppose to married couples or folks with kids they'll take your ad down.... its weird), including price range, but also mention where you're flexible. Include either a picture (doesn't have to be of you) or a memorable tag line. 

Not that you don't know this but finding roomates on craigslist is actually something I've gotten pretty decent at... crossing my fingers that maybe I'll find a place in the right $$ range to live alone next year though. 

Yeaaaah. She and I agreed that it wouldn't work and are pursuing other avenues. 

I'm going to keep looking and hopefully be on my own by the end of the school year, I know more people move once kiddos finish school and I suspect many places will open up. Also jobs! I need a full time interpreter job!

22 hours ago, noelKt5 said:

It was. I only continue to attend that church because my entire family goes there, and my older sister and her husband just love it. So going there means seeing my niece and nephew more often. 

Speaking of my niece, i forget if i mentioned that awesome christmas gift she gave me. She's 7 and takes a lot of dance classes. She just loves doing ballet. There's a really nice theater across the street from my office, and every so often I'll be walking into work and they will be advertising an upcoming show with some famous Russian ballet company. Then I'll run across the street and buy tickets for the two of us. So going to the ballet is our special thing. For christmas I had asked for an angel to complete my nativity that I set up. When looking at the options, my niece found an angel that you wind up, then she spins around and plays music. When she discovered that it plays music from the nutcracker, she insisted that my sister get that one for me, "because it's ballet music, and that's my special thing with Aunt Jenny-Jen." The kid just melts my heart sometimes. 

1) That is certainly an understandable reason. Are there good things about this church, why do your older sister and her husband love it? 

2) Super-sweet and lovely! :) 

Yoda- My parents and sisters live in the middle of nowhere, so the fact that this church is just a few minutes away is a huge plus. There's not much in that tiny village. The church also has a really solid youth ministry, which is appealing since they have young children that will benefit from it one day. That's why my parents stayed, since it was good for my little sister. 

Boogles- I've lived in my house since the sprint of 2013. When I moved in, I was living with AB and KW. In April of 2014 AB moved out and LK moved in. No issues finding a replacement. In June 2014 KW moved out and AO moved in. No trouble finding a replacement. In August 2015 LK moved out and HW moved in. No trouble finding a replacement. In June 2016 HW moved out and KK moved in. No trouble finding a replacement. With each other those moved, we had many applicants that were more than acceptable. It was always an east process for us. But then in November of 2016, AO moved out and we had the most difficult time getting a replacement lined up for December. Finally we found JG. Then KK decided to move out in December, and things were super hard again, thought we finally found JP. So I'm attributing it to the time of year. Winter is just awful for finding roommates. Things might turn around in the spring and summer. 

Ah yes, I remember that day well. It was not fun. Though my dad has been hinting around that he'd like me to move home once the house is rebuilt. He regretted kicking me out as soon as he did it. I'm glad he did though. 

That's really sad/heartbreaking - 

Does this usually happen in America? 

Jen, did he try to let you back in afterwards? 

Oh, and today they decided to be "cute" and cut off my devices from the wifi until my room was clean. I mean I know it was bad but hot dang.
I'm not 12 guys, I have a job to do that REQUIRES internet. Thanks for trying to screw me over! Not that you were successful or anything.  I basically gave them the most low-key flip off possible by going and working on my stuff at the library. Got done in record time.
I have many words to describe how I feel towards my folks at the moment and not one of them is CTF appropriate. (Though, they miiiiiight just bring Cary back for a bit. :P) 

They've talked about amping up my rent, treating me as a "roommate" so I get a "taste of what that's like." Pay that much here? Eff that, I'm out, deuces,bye.

It has happened. Kid does something wrong, isn't "productive enough" or clashing personalities and yeah, kicking out happens. The only reason I'm NOT out is due to lack of income. I've been ready to get the frick away from these control nuts since I was 20. Like, I'm 25 and I STILL have time controls on my computer. 
TWENTY FIVE. 
Just let that sink in. These are the people I have lived with for the past 9 years and I am sick of them being really super nice in some ways like finxing cars and making tacos and then going bat-poo crazy by turning off the Internet, not letting me shop at certain stores and paying rent for the same dumb bedroom that i'm not allowed to paint.

I need out. I'm trapped here. and once I move out, I probably won't speak to them for a month.

Edited by Boogles

This sort of thing is happening more and more often. Our parents' generation had a beautiful housing market, and were able to buy nice homes on meager salaries. Then the market crashed and housing now costs an insane amount. At the same time, the cost of education is crazy, so this generation is graduating with an insane amount of debt in a recession where the job market is rather bleak too. So we've been staying at home for longer, and eventually, we singletons that aren't getting married/co-habiting, need to be made to leave.

My dad had  been talking about making me move out once I wa done with grad school. However, a year prior to my graduation, an incident took place that upset my father and he told me that he was done and I needed to leave. So I went on Craigslist, saw the ad for where I'm living now, went to see it 2 days later and it was a perfect fit. I told my dad about it the next day. He then told my mom "I didn't mean it, She doesn't have to leave." But he didn't tell me. Ever since then, he drops hints all the time "you know, there's still plenty of room here for you if you'd want to move back and save some more money." 

The whole thing was ridiculous. I'm an introvert and value my privacy. My dad was on the road (he's a long distance truck driver) when my maternal grandmother passed away. He got in the morning of the funeral. He got very little sleep on his trip back because he was rushing to be here for the funeral. He wasn't able to find his black dress pants anywhere and was getting angry. So my mom says "well Jen did laundry the same day that I did, so she probably took them, thinking that they were hers." My dad is very thin. I'm a big girl. There's no way that I'm confusing his clothing for mine. I still look through my room and tell them that I don't have them. Next thing you know, I've got the two of them searching through my closet and dressers saying some really mean things about how they can't trust me because my room is such a mess, and that they are probably there somewhere. In the end, he had to wear his khakis to the funeral and I get a lecture about how upset he is that he needs to go to the funeral dressed so inappropriately because of my irresponsibility. So I'm in tears when my older sister shows up to take me and the little one to the funeral. At the funeral, both of my parents are acting like nothing happened, and they keep touching me and hugging me, and I had to ask them to stop because I didn't want them touching me after how they treated me, which hurt my mother's feelings. Then my older sister, who has some anger management problems, took my mother aside and said some really horrible things to her regarding the incident, which made my mother cry. So once everyone was home again, my dad came into my room and literally screamed at me for my "poor attitude" and how I made my mother cry. Which I didn't. He then kicked me out. Even though I wasn't the one that said the awful things. Also, the pants were eventually found in the laundry basket full of my little sister's clothing which my mother had placed in her room. 

Edited by noelKt5

So in other news, the weekend is coming to a close (seriously, where did it go?) and I am dreading tomorrow. 

I loved my forensics job. I liked the population (criminals are interesting), and I loved what the job entailed. I did not, however, like the people I was working for.

1) Despite the fact that almost all the employees are female, the administration is entirely made up of men who show for little respect for us women. I've been talked over in meetings too many times to count. There are women there that have been with the Agency since it was founded, and haven't moved up the ladder at all. They are fantastic at their jobs, and the whole thing makes me nervous. 

2) The expectations were unrealistic. We are "salaried" employees, yet we are forced to meet a quota of billable hours every week. Mine is 30 hours. We can only bill for time that we are working with clients. The other 10 hours are for paperwork. If you don't meet your quota, you have to use your PTO hours to balance it out. Since criminals aren't the most reliable or responsible, you needs to schedule 40-50 hours of client time, to meet your quota. I'm at the office all the time, but there is no such thing as overtime. The whole thing is a little sketchy as far as the law goes. 

3) There is no regard for personal safety. I enjoy most of my clients and feel that almost none of them are an actual threat. But there are a few that scare me a little. I'm expected to close up the office all by myself on Wednesdays. When I finish group it's just me and 15 sexual offenders in the office. I don't like that. Not at all. 

Friday evening, the office manager called me and scheduled a meeting between me and the director for tomorrow morning, and I'm all nervous about it. Mostly because I snapped on Thursday. Now that I've submitted my notice, and I've got another job lined up, little things that I could tolerate previously, bother me more now. I had a solid, 10 billable hour day scheduled, and I got to the office to learn that all but two of my clients (the very last two of the day) had called in and canceled days ago. Had someone informed me, I would have scheduled other appointments, but no one let me know. So I thanked my secretary for being so considerate and told my supervisor that I was leaving and would be back for my clients in the evening. He suggested that I stay and use that time to audit my charts to get them perfect before I leave. I told him no, and that since I'd be forced to use a full day's worth of PTO to cover these cancelations, which someone could have called me about, I was going to use my 8 hours of Personal Time Off, in a personal fashion. I went home, took a nap, played with my puppy, went to the salon for a deep conditioning treatment and much needed hair cut, and went shopping. It was glorious. Several snarky emails were sent from the supervisor while I was out. I think I'm in trouble. Not quite sure why I care though. 

Your parents and mine are just... wowwwwww. Ugh. why is the previous generation so nutso?! 

Well, if you're leaving, you shouldn't really care. They'll do without you, they'll be fine. Good on you for the self-care!

I will say that my relationship with my parents has improved dramatically over the past 4 years since I left. Sometimes you just need a little distance. 

I know they will be fine. I feel really bad for some of my clients though. The place has such an awful turn around rate that some of my guys have been through 5+ therapists in their time with us. The Agency has only been around for 5 years though. 

I like the idea of distance. Alot.  I've been applying for jobs out east XD 

Yeahhh, that part sucks. That IS a high turnaround, dang.

*starts looking for jobs in PA* We should do a meet up too sometime, next time I head out east! I miss the east.

I am also awkward and I love all those things. 

Urf, we're doing a cleanse in my house and the lack of carbs makes me want to eat all of the things.