T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

like fruit carbs are chill ,but other stuff? 

My thing is corn, corn chips, popcorn. I too like pasta. 

I keep cheating with muffins and aforementioned popcorn though. rawr. I'm just ravenous,. in times past, we've had veggies to munch on. haven't seen any here so i'm just hungry all the time,

oh dear. Not cool.

Umm... I finished Sherlock season 4, episode 2. It's amazing. 

So I came into work early today to meet with my boss, as directed on Friday. 

He's not here. 

I'm not happy right now. 

One of my clients made me get all teary eyed today. I run the group for sex offenders with intellectual and developmental disabilities. One of the guys in that group is a Star Wars obsessed geek, who is really into music, and a Christian. So I'm able to pull in some spiritual counseling as well as utilizing his other interests to make a point and build rapport. I always look forward to our sessions. 

He comes in today and says "Miss Jen, I know you can't take presents from us, but this didn't really cost me anything. It's just something I thought you'd like. I burned a copy of the Force Awakens soundtrack for you since you are leaving us. I hope that whenever you listen to it, you think of us and smile. We learned a lot from you, and we are all really gonna miss you." 

... so I was bad today. Bought myself a new outfit to wear on my first day at the new job. :)

I guess it was expensive, which is why it was being bad? :P

Dear bored,

A few days ago I went to the "Australian Open". This is where you watch lots of games of tennis from worldwide tennis players. 

Regards,

Yoda

Not really, it was only $30. But I have 2 goals for this year. One is to get rid of stuff. I own a lot of unnecessary stuff, including having way too much clothing. So I've been sorting through my closet and donating a lot of things. The second goal is to be very frugal this year and get ahead on my car payments. Buying a pretty blouse that I don't need isn't helping with either goal. 

That sounds like fun. Tennis is one of the very few sports that I enjoy. 

I'm hoping to study Finance and Business Honors, but I was rejected by the Business Honors program. I was informed that I can try again after my first semester if I have a solid GPA, so I'm going to work my tail off to make sure that happens. 

Ok. So you can spend a semester focusing on general ed courses or pursuing a minor?

It seems that way! I'll be coming in as a freshman with one semester completed through AP hours and dual credit, but still should have plenty of gen requirements. And it won't hurt me to be flexible and keep my eyes open for different opportunities than the ones I had initially chosen. Was a bummer to get the letter though.

Well do the gen eds, study hard, keep your grades up, and hopefully they will change their minds. If not, you've got a good opportunity to explore other options. What other majors would you be interested in? 

BTW, I'll point out that my master's degree is in a different, but related field from my bachelor's. While I still adore psychology, and initially studied it for that reason, I wish I had taken a year or two before declaring a major, and really looked into what my options were. Had I known what I know now, I would have gotten my bachelor's in social work, which would have cut my master's program in half. 

So basically, this could be a total blessing in disguise, even though it hurts right now. 

appreciate the advice :) I have a dabbling interest in political science that I haven't really given myself a chance to explore. Within the Business school itself, I could really see myself going any route except for accounting. It'll definitely be an interesting first couple of years figuring out what I'm actually passionate about. Trying my best to not have tunnel vision!

p.s. idk how to make this request but I actually turn 18 tomorrow and would love to have access to the 16+ room ;)