T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

10 minutes ago, Jesusismyticket said:

So.

I am slowly dying over here.

Not allowed. -gives life sustaining huggle-

1 minute ago, noelKt5 said:

What's wrong. 

Maryland is a good choice! I live close to the boarder. :)

Oh, THAt part of PA! you say Amish country and I think north. XD 

I'm searching all of them. Back up plan is move in with the BFF back in Va. 

must escape parents. 

19 hours ago, Boogles said:

Not allowed. -gives life sustaining huggle-

*huggle* Part of my social work 101 class is doing service hours and I'm excited but the closer it gets the more my anxiety problems become more problematic and I seriously feel I am going to mess it up and if I mess this up I have no idea what major I would do like... I really don't...

1 hour ago, Boogles said:

Breathe.  You're human. Try your best, that's all they ask for. 

I know I am human but its like this is where my mind is a disaster

what if i miss something really important? how will I handle my patient dying? this IS Hospice care.

what if I get accused of abuse or something? What if I lose my patience and become that horrible person? What if I fail and something terrible happens and its all my fault cuz I was the odd rookie who didn't know all she was doing?what if the person hates me? what if I fail my service training and have to reconsider my ENTIRE plan?! I don't have a plan B that is legit. I'll have to drop out. my family will be angry. I'll have to live in a box.

I swear everything leads to me living in a box.

Calm down. In almost every subfield of social work isurviving is a matter of perspective. You will deal with unpleasant and uncomfortable things. Instart working for Hospice in 2 weeks. During my enterviwe we discussed how death is crowed, and while the loss of life is always sad, most patients have been suffering for a while. Most families will grieve their loved one, but feel a sense of relief that their suffering is over. I've lost 3 of my grandparents in 2016 and that's how we felt about each death. They were suffering and moving on to something better. 

Youll be fine. Just don't hesitate to reach out for help if you start to struggle. 

I just want to be able to sleep peacefully without dreams getting all weird.

I've never been one to remember dreams. I've had instances where a dream will stick with me, but these are very few and far between. But recently I've had some really crazy dreams that I just can't shake. They're the types of dreams that are making it a little weird to be around people. Like, There's this on guy I know who I saw get terribly injured in a dream. It was gruesome almost too vivid and now when I look at him I see that. Or there is this girl who I dreamed was getting verbally abused and she was getting berated and bullied by everyone around her and now when I see her I see that. Like, I almost start to worry about these people even though I know it was only a dream. I'm probably making this sound so much more dramatic than it is, but it's just weird to have my dreams interfere even slightly in my everyday life when this has never happened to me before.

16 hours ago, Jesusismyticket said:

I know I am human but its like this is where my mind is a disaster

what if i miss something really important? how will I handle my patient dying? this IS Hospice care.

what if I get accused of abuse or something? What if I lose my patience and become that horrible person? What if I fail and something terrible happens and its all my fault cuz I was the odd rookie who didn't know all she was doing?what if the person hates me? what if I fail my service training and have to reconsider my ENTIRE plan?! I don't have a plan B that is legit. I'll have to drop out. my family will be angry. I'll have to live in a box.

I swear everything leads to me living in a box.

Cross that bridge when you come to it.  Breathe, breathe breathe and reel your mind back into reality. you just do it, you ask questions and mind your manners as much as you need to. Put your faith more so in God than yourself. you're new, you will mess up, but I seriously doubt you'll mess up so bad you have to rethink your life.  You're capable. There's hope! 

Doubt it's any consolation but it's usually, friend's house and if you can't find your own place from friends house, then you and friend become roomies, if that goes south then it's hotel, car then box. It never ever goes straight to box.

3 hours ago, Boogles said:

Cross that bridge when you come to it.  Breathe, breathe breathe and reel your mind back into reality. you just do it, you ask questions and mind your manners as much as you need to. Put your faith more so in God than yourself. you're new, you will mess up, but I seriously doubt you'll mess up so bad you have to rethink your life.  You're capable. There's hope! 

Doubt it's any consolation but it's usually, friend's house and if you can't find your own place from friends house, then you and friend become roomies, if that goes south then it's hotel, car then box. It never ever goes straight to box.

XD Thank you Becky. I needed that analogy.

16 hours ago, noelKt5 said:

Calm down. In almost every subfield of social work isurviving is a matter of perspective. You will deal with unpleasant and uncomfortable things. Instart working for Hospice in 2 weeks. During my enterviwe we discussed how death is crowed, and while the loss of life is always sad, most patients have been suffering for a while. Most families will grieve their loved one, but feel a sense of relief that their suffering is over. I've lost 3 of my grandparents in 2016 and that's how we felt about each death. They were suffering and moving on to something better. 

Youll be fine. Just don't hesitate to reach out for help if you start to struggle. 

I guess for me I never got that "relieved" feeling after my brother died under hospice care so I don't know that feeling... I just immediately felt the guilt that I didn't spend enough time with him when he was alive. It is always a weird perspective. I think it is why I haven't been the type to say certain wrong things they spoke of in my training. XD I guess in a way, I have a perspective since my family went through the process...

Yes you do have a unique perspective, which can be a huge strength. You also seem to genuinely care, so I doubt that you are going to mess up too badly. You will mess up at some point and miss something, or say the wrong thing. You are human, don't be too hard on yourself. Since you care and you do have some personal experience, you are at a higher risk of burn out. So make sure to try to build a good rapport with your supervisor, make any supervision appointments a priority, and talk to your coworkers. They can spot the signs of burn out long before you do, and can give you advice on how to address it. 

lol... I can totally see why you'd think that though. 

I'm struggling this week. I've got 2 weeks left at the old job, and I'm ready to move on. My patience is gone with some of my clients and I'm eager to be done, yet this week i'm starting to actually say goodbye to my bi-weekly clients, and it's harder than i thought. 

Additionally, I'm getting a little angry at other people for their reactions to the job change. People who I thought had respect for my job and what I do, are saying some really upsetting things like "i'm glad to see you moving on to better work, with people worthy of your help" and "oh good, I never said anything but I was really concerned for your safety there" and "I never understood why you'd want to help those people anyway." And I'm just like wow, I guess you never really understood me after all.

6 hours ago, noelKt5 said:

lol... I can totally see why you'd think that though. 

I'm struggling this week. I've got 2 weeks left at the old job, and I'm ready to move on. My patience is gone with some of my clients and I'm eager to be done, yet this week i'm starting to actually say goodbye to my bi-weekly clients, and it's harder than i thought. 

Additionally, I'm getting a little angry at other people for their reactions to the job change. People who I thought had respect for my job and what I do, are saying some really upsetting things like "i'm glad to see you moving on to better work, with people worthy of your help" and "oh good, I never said anything but I was really concerned for your safety there" and "I never understood why you'd want to help those people anyway." And I'm just like wow, I guess you never really understood me after all.

You cannot always in true honesty trust those around you to understand your every whim, advise would be to keep moving on, forget them, find those who truly require your services. Someone somewhere truly needs you in whatever you do, always, is the best way to look at it. Keep being strong.

On 1/21/2017 at 1:51 PM, Jesusismyticket said:

XD Thank you Becky. I needed that analogy.

I guess for me I never got that "relieved" feeling after my brother died under hospice care so I don't know that feeling... I just immediately felt the guilt that I didn't spend enough time with him when he was alive. It is always a weird perspective. I think it is why I haven't been the type to say certain wrong things they spoke of in my training. XD I guess in a way, I have a perspective since my family went through the process...

Hindsight is 20/20, you only truly recognize what you could have done better until it is finished, as a strategist this is true more-so. Keep strong and faithful, strength and faith are the answer. I've lost many family members in the past 2 years, about five or so, but strength is my ally and God is my valiant supporter, as he is yours. Don't beat yourself up over the past, but rather live each day to the best you can to be satisfied with what you did.

On 1/22/2017 at 6:19 AM, noelKt5 said:

Yes you do have a unique perspective, which can be a huge strength. You also seem to genuinely care, so I doubt that you are going to mess up too badly. You will mess up at some point and miss something, or say the wrong thing. You are human, don't be too hard on yourself. Since you care and you do have some personal experience, you are at a higher risk of burn out. So make sure to try to build a good rapport with your supervisor, make any supervision appointments a priority, and talk to your coworkers. They can spot the signs of burn out long before you do, and can give you advice on how to address it. 

thanks for the advice. <3

Welcome to the world of social work. We've all got eachother's backs dear. Anyhow, keep us all posted. I'll be interested in hearing about your experience working for Hospice as I start my own adventure there. We will have to compare how things are run. I know each place is different. 

SO GOOD.

I mean, except for the clown. I wanted to punch the clown because clowns are creepy, but other than that, ooooohhhh it was a riiiiiiiiiide.