T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

... so it would be wrong for my to call my next client and say "I'm sorry, I have to cancel our session today because I'm halfway through season 4, episode 3 of Sherlock, and I won't be able to focus on our session if I don't finish it." wouldn't it? 

Ugh! Stupid professional ethics!

So many feels right now...

Dear bored

I won the match at the chess club last then but it was really intense

Regards,

Yoda

Dear bored, 

My brain is not cooperating with me this morning. I woke up at 5:30 with a massive migraine. It's Thursday, I don't have to be in the office until 11 on Thursdays. So I rolled over and went back to sleep, since I don't need to be up until 8:30ish. I woke up again at 7, and I'm in a full fledged panic because suddenly my mind thinks it's Friday, and I am scheduled with a client in an hour. I grab my phone to call the office and warm them that I might be a little late, and then I see that it's Thursday. I put the phone down, roll over and go to sleep again. I then wake up at 8, in a panic, again certain that it's Friday and I'm late. 

Seriously brain, what's your issue with Thursday? Why do you want to fast forward a day so badly?

~A very cranky, migraine suffering Jen 

Lol yeah. One other thing I'm really looking forward to: having a normal 8-5 work day, every day. Not the bizarre and ever changing schedule that I have now. 

Then I got to work and realized that I forgot the lunch I had packed for myself and discovered that half of my clients canceled on me today. *sigh*

Thanks guys. Shouldn't complain so much. My head is feeling better, and I've got lots of time today to catch up on my paperwork in preparation for leaving. 

I got bored at the office yesterday, which is always dangerous. I then started poking around the employee web portal for the new job and doing research on my new coworkers. In all honesty, I should look into becoming a private investigator part time. I'd be fantastic at it. 

what job you work for again? 

I am glad that you are feeling better.

Being a private investigater sounds like a good job tbh.

Currently I work as a therapist for violent felons recently released from prison. The therapy is court mandated. 

On 2/6 I start my new job as a social worker for Hospice. 

oh cool! 

Don't you ever feel afraid with working with people that are violent felons?

Very rarely. i feel more secure in an office setting than I did working in people's homes when I was doing Child Protective Services work.

lost fave necklace, found an old fave earring, my library card, a nice pen and an extra ink cartridge for my printer. 
Also found out said fave necklace is also sold on amazon for half of what I paid for it so...
I really don't now how to feel right now.

Hmm... well it's easily replaced, and you found a lot of other cool stuff, so I think the scale is pretty balanced at the moment. 

Yay Boogles!

Jen, how is that a pretty Star Wars cardigan? Nobody who isn't a Star Wars fan will be able to tell it has anything to do with Star Wars...

Yoda dear, that's the point entirely. If it were obvious, I couldn't wear it to work.