T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

ooh... I'm jealous! Roller skating is such fun. 

I've spent my day doing paperwork. Wrapping up a few things for work before I leave them forever on Friday!

My weekend has been really useless. I did do some laundry and clean up my room those so there's that? 

school stress me out. My brain is going to end up exploding with all the information that the teacher over load us with and I tend to forget.

Sorry to hear that Michi. Do you tell your teacher's how you've been feeling? They might have resources to help you.

On 1/29/2017 at 5:24 PM, noelKt5 said:

ooh... I'm jealous! Roller skating is such fun. 

I've spent my day doing paperwork. Wrapping up a few things for work before I leave them forever on Friday!

It was!

til I realized how littlei'd eaten all day and had to leave early feeling sick. XP

It wasn't on purpose, I just wasn't hungry much that day.

I had chipotle, chipotle healed me. Then 2 friends and I went on a date, walking arm in arm around the city, looking at Christmas lights that no one's taken down yet. It was fun. :D

Aww that sounds awesome! I have a date with my girlfriends this weekend to exchange our christmas gifts. 

All of our schedules have been interesting lately.

I run the group for the sex offenders with IDD (Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities). So the special guys. I did very well with that particular population. 

Anyhow, they came in today with a homemade card saying "Thank you for helping us and for being cool. God bless you in your new job, we will miss you." They also had a CD they made of songs "that will remind you of how awesome you are" and a bunch of star wars stickers. 

I'm gonna miss those guys. :crying:

39 minutes ago, noelKt5 said:

I run the group for the sex offenders with IDD (Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities). So the special guys. I did very well with that particular population. 

Anyhow, they came in today with a homemade card saying "Thank you for helping us and for being cool. God bless you in your new job, we will miss you." They also had a CD they made of songs "that will remind you of how awesome you are" and a bunch of star wars stickers. 

I'm gonna miss those guys. :crying:

Aww. That's really sweet.

13 minutes ago, Jesusismyticket said:

Jazzy officially starts doing real work this Wednesday.

by phone calls XD this is already scary. I know its volunteering but still. XD

Phone calls aren't too hard. Just speak calmly and clearly and you will be fine.

Really considering dropping out of school and joining a volunteer group in Seattle. Like, I filled out the application entirely I just didn't send it in.

But I really want to.

29 minutes ago, T.O.W.R. said:

Really considering dropping out of school and joining a volunteer group in Seattle. Like, I filled out the application entirely I just didn't send it in.

But I really want to.

Edit: Actually changed my mind, I do condone this but you still have to get coffee with me. Nothing wrong with joining a volunteer group, you're young and putting school off for a year or two really isn't that big of a deal.... housing prices in Seattle are hecka expensive though so I hope your org puts ya'll up. 

Edited by Marley
Changed my mind

They do. $7,000 dollars pays for my housing, food, and transportation for a year. Maybe I'll do it after I get my associates. That'll work.

The way I see it, you are young. Go out, have an adenventure, do something really cool. There's nothing to hold you back right now. And during this time, hopefully you find something that you are passionate about and can turn into a career. 

And a side note about school... an education is great, but don't get suckered into the notion that you need a 4year degree. A lot of people my age with a bachelor's degree aren't using them, but are still drowning in debt. The only people using them are the ones who went on to get higher degrees. Meanwhile, the most successful people I know are the ones who took up a trade instead. 

Ah yes, that does happen occasionally. Any chance at getting someone to pay for your education if you work for them a certain number of years?

Today is my last Wednesday at this particular office. Monday was sad because I said goodbye to my IDD guys. Tuesday was sad because I said goodbye to my favoritest client. Today is sad because I say goodbye to the guy at the deli across the street, who has my order memorized.