Jump to content
T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

Recommended Posts

I use to have the book of faces but i don't get on it anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Book of faces makes it seem much more magical and mysterious than it actually is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/03/2017 at 9:59 AM, noelKt5 said:

Of course we could Yoda. :) 

I should give you my work email. I'm finally able to do visits solo at work, but my caseload is very small, so I spend most of my day just sitting at my desk, bored to tears. 

 

Work email is unnecessary... are you allowed/able to send/receive personal emails on a work account?

You should already have my email address from before... if required I can PM it to you. :P

 

:starwars:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we are permitted recieve personal emails at work. And yes, I think I'll need you to resend that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boogles said:

I'm turning ten this week! 

and by ten I mean in CTF-years. 

CONGRADULATION!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Michi said:

CONGRADULATION!

Thanks! 

Also, you asked about my frog.Her name is Gertrude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Boogles said:

Thanks! 

Also, you asked about my frog.Her name is Gertrude.

Awe! That's a cute name! How many years have you had her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jesusismyticket said:

todays social work class was hard

I'm sorry. D:

2 hours ago, Michi said:

Awe! That's a cute name! How many years have you had her?

5. :D I found her 2012. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate when social work touches on personal topics. This was worse than substance abuse week XD

I think it helped me realize though I haven't completely coped with my own emotional issues. I feel like my mental illness DOES define who I am and I don't know how to separate the two. I am so used to be judged by it or being told no way Jose you don't have that, that it's just bleh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Boogles said:

I'm sorry. D:

5. :D I found her 2012. 

awe! I want to have Lizards as pets. When I was in Puerto Rico, I use to catch lots of lizards and keep them as pets but then end up relasing them in a week or two :laugh:

 

18 minutes ago, Jesusismyticket said:

I hate when social work touches on personal topics. This was worse than substance abuse week XD

I think it helped me realize though I haven't completely coped with my own emotional issues. I feel like my mental illness DOES define who I am and I don't know how to separate the two. I am so used to be judged by it or being told no way Jose you don't have that, that it's just bleh.

I basically hate when I have to talk about my feelings and my problems. I don't trust no body but like my therapist and my parents are trying to get my to talk. That's one of my goals. To talk what I feel. People judge me alot for who I am. I have ADHD and ADD and I can get really hyper and may annoy people at times. My older sister get annoyed by me because of how I act. She says that I am childish. I asked my mom about it and she said that it just my personality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jesusismyticket said:

I hate when social work touches on personal topics. This was worse than substance abuse week XD

I think it helped me realize though I haven't completely coped with my own emotional issues. I feel like my mental illness DOES define who I am and I don't know how to separate the two. I am so used to be judged by it or being told no way Jose you don't have that, that it's just bleh.

Oh dear. But you're going into that field. You need to find a healthy way to cope because you will encounter touchy subjects that may be triggering ( and like the actual triggering, not the SJW "I'm offended and triggered BAWWWW" crap) 

Have you ever been in an environment where no one KNOWS you're mentally ill? Do you tell people? Do people need to know about it?  With my sensory stuff, only my close friends know. It's not the general public's business to know that my brain is a little different, and it's totally okay that they don't know. 

I guess I'm in a place where stuff I have (stretch marks, SPD, food allergies, fear of large spiders and enclosed spaces) doesn't make me who I am. I know what Jesus says about me, I know I can do anything I put my mind to or want to do.  And when my brain wants to tell me that I am something because I have something, I tell it to shut up and argue with it for about 30 seconds and then think about something else. I won't  entertain such thoughts.

idk. maybe that's helpful? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boogles said:

Oh dear. But you're going into that field. You need to find a healthy way to cope because you will encounter touchy subjects that may be triggering ( and like the actual triggering, not the SJW "I'm offended and triggered BAWWWW" crap) 

Have you ever been in an environment where no one KNOWS you're mentally ill? Do you tell people? Do people need to know about it?  With my sensory stuff, only my close friends know. It's not the general public's business to know that my brain is a little different, and it's totally okay that they don't know. 

I guess I'm in a place where stuff I have (stretch marks, SPD, food allergies, fear of large spiders and enclosed spaces) doesn't make me who I am. I know what Jesus says about me, I know I can do anything I put my mind to or want to do.  And when my brain wants to tell me that I am something because I have something, I tell it to shut up and argue with it for about 30 seconds and then think about something else. I won't  entertain such thoughts.

idk. maybe that's helpful? 

 

 

I know I am trying my best here. XD

College basically was "no one here freshman year knows you have any issues whatsoever" but eventually people found out like for instance I had a panic attack in my psychology 101 class because some girl passed out and test/quizzes already trigger my anxiety so it just went south.

I just feel like it is this big elephant in the room and it may not actually be. It may just be I never coped with that aspect of it. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when yoo take that big scary step here of admitting you've changed your denomination.

 

but srsly, I was laughing earlier when I remembered this.

 

I was Catholic, but a while back we have some faith/denomination quiz thing and it said my views aligned with evangelical lutherans.

 

Now I am one after trying out the ELCA church nearby.

 

how even. did that happen. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jesusismyticket said:

I know I am trying my best here. XD

College basically was "no one here freshman year knows you have any issues whatsoever" but eventually people found out like for instance I had a panic attack in my psychology 101 class because some girl passed out and test/quizzes already trigger my anxiety so it just went south.

I just feel like it is this big elephant in the room and it may not actually be. It may just be I never coped with that aspect of it. :/

Then keep at it! You'll figure it out. Maybe journaling will help, or a brief self-pep talk session. 

Gotcha. 

Well, for me personally, when I'm depressed or panicky, I feel like *I* am the elephant in the room. My feelings are basically drowning me and I just feel stuck and helpless and awkwardand basically everything negative. It tends to get to the oint where I'm emotional because I'm showing emotion. It's defienitely not as big of a deal to others as you may think. People are SO concerned with hout they look or are percieved, your anxiety is most likely unnoticed. 

6 hours ago, Jesusismyticket said:

when yoo take that big scary step here of admitting you've changed your denomination.

 

but srsly, I was laughing earlier when I remembered this.

 

I was Catholic, but a while back we have some faith/denomination quiz thing and it said my views aligned with evangelical lutherans.

 

Now I am one after trying out the ELCA church nearby.

 

how even. did that happen. XD

I work for an ELCA! XD 

I've said all along that Lutherans are the cousins to Catholicism. The structure of their services is very similar. ELCA is the more liberal/progressive sect (I swear I don't interpret a service where LGBT isn't mentioned.) 

The main differences I've seen are
No Hail Mary
No priest
Anyone can take communion
No kneeler thingies. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anxiety seems to be the theme of the week. Most of my sessions this week revolved around anxiety and teaching better coping skills. I'm a pro in this area. I used to get frequent panic attacks, now I only get 1 or 2 a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2017 at 10:20 PM, Boogles said:

I'm turning ten this week! 

and by ten I mean in CTF-years. 

You should make an Announcement thread about it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Boogles funny none of my services have mentioned LGBT, nonetheless many here know I don't care really. XD thank you for the suggestions though <3

 

I just watched a horror movie with Samuel Larsen in it. and he was there through msot of it but the last ike 30 minutes he gets murdered. so sad. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jesusismyticket said:

@Boogles funny none of my services have mentioned LGBT, nonetheless many here know I don't care really. XD thank you for the suggestions though <3

 

I just watched a horror movie with Samuel Larsen in it. and he was there through msot of it but the last ike 30 minutes he gets murdered. so sad. XD

Mine won't stop tryna preach Jesus and diss Trump simultanously. XD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, noelKt5 said:

*sigh* I am cranky tonight. 

I kinda am too. I'm tried and I want to lcean my room, but then again I don't lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boogles said:

Mine won't stop tryna preach Jesus and diss Trump simultanously. XD 

wow my church must be nice. they've avoided political discussion almost entirely. I love the pastor tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went a little nuts with my workout today. So I'm exhausted, very hungry, and irritated with my current setting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×