T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

1 hour ago, Boogles said:

Mine won't stop tryna preach Jesus and diss Trump simultanously. XD 

wow my church must be nice. they've avoided political discussion almost entirely. I love the pastor tho.

I went a little nuts with my workout today. So I'm exhausted, very hungry, and irritated with my current setting. 

1 hour ago, Jesusismyticket said:

wow my church must be nice. they've avoided political discussion almost entirely. I love the pastor tho.

I'd rather interpret that than what I usually do.

1 hour ago, noelKt5 said:

I went a little nuts with my workout today. So I'm exhausted, very hungry, and irritated with my current setting. 

gotcha.

I'm just tired of everything. 

Oh everything hurts today. Today is a rest day I think. But I've been above the steps needed for my little competition at work. 

Also, after 2 months, the director signed off on my competence for both doing visits and writing notes. No more being babysat at work! I feel kinda bad though. The other social worker on my team, who has been there 2 months longer than me, is still being watched. 

On 4/9/2017 at 11:16 AM, noelKt5 said:

Oh everything hurts today. Today is a rest day I think. But I've been above the steps needed for my little competition at work. 

Also, after 2 months, the director signed off on my competence for both doing visits and writing notes. No more being babysat at work! I feel kinda bad though. The other social worker on my team, who has been there 2 months longer than me, is still being watched. 

I kind of love doing exerise. I can take all my energy out. ALthough i get bad cramps on my thighs for the lack of exersice.

On 10/04/2017 at 0:16 AM, noelKt5 said:

I think it's good to have a competition - some extra motivation. :)

And... Congratulations!!! 

6 hours ago, Yoda said:

I think it's good to have a competition - some extra motivation. :)

And... Congratulations!!! 

Thank you! I'm really loving this new job. 

I have a competitive side to me, so it helps. Also, I have finally started to drop some weight again. My blood pressure dropped a little too. 

What's wrong Michi?

April may kill me. ._.

Or just work in general. I'm really not trying to go all doomseday here but AHHHHHH. 

Aww I know Marley. My best friend is a school psychologist and she's really struggling right now. We had a little impromptu therapy session the other night. 

Late spring is collectively terrible for all educators.... that's why we get summers off to recuperate.  :razz:

I'm starting to think I may need to do something about work though. I'm a worrier but about stupid stupid things. Like, I'm actually pretty confident about my reports and recommendations (at least academic recommendations, behavior is still really tough) and I really love what I do but I get tripped up on the dumbest things. I hesitate and hesitate to call parents. I write and re-write emails five to ten times (not being hyperbolic with that one). And like I messed up something and didn't book a Spanish interpreter and I'm trying to fix it but it's like all I can think about.... granted part of that may be that I got "sorry I'm booked" from five different people today and the sixth only gave me a half answer but the whole reason I probably didn't book it in time was because I couldn't catch my person in person and "oh gosh but what if she doesn't remember who I am" or "oh gosh what if I'm imposing". Which I mean now I definently am because I'm scrambling to find a last minute interpreter... oy vey//end rant.

So it's more of a social anxiety issue? 

I feel awful. I spent 2 hours sitting with a patient today who was at end of life and completely unresponsive. Mostly I just held his hand and sat in silence. The family was supposed to be arriving any minute, but after 2 hours I had to go. Apparently he passed away within minutes of me walking out the door, all alone. :(

I'm sorry. :sad: That sounds very difficult. Working around death would be very challenging but you sat with him for a while, and I'm sure that meant something. 

And I guess. I dunno, I'm not any sort of greatly social person but I do ok most of the time. Its just some things? I think I just worry too much about disappointing or inconveniencing people. Not a bad day really, just stressful and not as productive as I would have hoped. 

Edited by Marley

I'm very similar. I do great working with people one on one in person. My sessions go well, I can assess them pretty quickly, and older people in general find me very likable. Once you add in more people, my effectiveness drops because I start worrying about the other people in the room. And I strongly dislike calling people on the phone. I'm worried that they are working or doing something important, and I'm going to bother them. So I always procrastinate on making calls. 

Phone calls are the worst. It's weird because I've gotten pretty ok with calling parents on the phone but if it's one of my coworkers I REALLY prefer to meet them in person. I'm ok if they call me but I always assume I'm in trouble. I did find an interpreter though so I'm feeling ok about life right now. Still really busy, but the nerves are down. Most of the time I'm ok but some things and I'm just up to eleven. 

Less coffee, more protien. I should probably follow my own advice once in a while. Such a terrible adult. 

They really are. It was funny, the other day I was having a bad day at work. All my patients kept canceling on me and I had nothing to do. I was complaining to my boyfriend who says "give me a 10min head start and I'll meet you at the sushi place. Get you out of the office a little." I get to the sushi place and it's closed, so I called him and he answers the phone saying "in all the time we've been dating, you have never called me before. Are you ok? I'm a little concerned." That's how much I hate talking on the phone to anyone. 

23 hours ago, noelKt5 said:

So it's more of a social anxiety issue? 

I feel awful. I spent 2 hours sitting with a patient today who was at end of life and completely unresponsive. Mostly I just held his hand and sat in silence. The family was supposed to be arriving any minute, but after 2 hours I had to go. Apparently he passed away within minutes of me walking out the door, all alone. :(

That is so depressing. D:

Everyone keeps assuring me that it's not uncommon for patients to do that. People will be staying with them for hours on end, and to moment they go to the bathroom is when the patient will die. It's like they want it to be private. 

I want to give an honorary round of applause to my friend Chris.

I was extremely depressed and sensitive recent and basically found some reason to fight with him like every day but he was patient with me and never hated me for it. Someone who gets it.

When I am feeling depressed or sad I never go to anyone. I usually keep it quiet.

I've got reports to present Friday, Monday, and Tuesday..... none of which are completed yet. *screams internally*