Jump to content
T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

Recommended Posts


That seems unusual for you.... but maybe fortunate. I feel like ISTJs are probably one of the types most suited to handling the grind of real life. 

I usually test INFP with INFJ every once in a while. We're just dreamy perpetually dissatisfied idealists. :P 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Marley said:

That seems unusual for you.... but maybe fortunate. I feel like ISTJs are probably one of the types most suited to handling the grind of real life. 

I usually test INFP with INFJ every once in a while. We're just dreamy perpetually dissatisfied idealists. :P 

 

well I feel like when I began my volunteer stuff I really learned some things about myself and as I've continued college, I just don't relate to ESFJ anymore.

and I decided the other day to redo the test and got ISTJ, and I really relate to a lot of it. *hugs planner*

Jazzy is trying to focus less on the fact she just kind of hates people now and has decided to entirely switch her college plan from something helping the populace to something more thinker style. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, service jobs are pretty emotionally heavy. For me, that's what makes it interesting but I'm also able to drop it at the end of the day better than a lot of people. 

That said, you need to be careful about about being too focused on finding "perfect". I love my job, but there are days when I find myself thinking about doing something else and it's about the same with everything. There needs to be a balance between soul searching and action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Yea, service jobs are pretty emotionally heavy. For me, that's what makes it interesting but I'm also able to drop it at the end of the day better than a lot of people. 

That said, you need to be careful about about being too focused on finding "perfect". I love my job, but there are days when I find myself thinking about doing something else and it's about the same with everything. There needs to be a balance between soul searching and action. 

I tend to hold onto things too easily so a job like that...is just going to be extremely difficult for me.

I just feel at this point in my life, I should graduate with a degree in something where I can find work that isn't going to kill me in the long run with depression or something of the sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jesusismyticket said:

I tend to hold onto things too easily so a job like that...is just going to be extremely difficult for me.

I just feel at this point in my life, I should graduate with a degree in something where I can find work that isn't going to kill me in the long run with depression or something of the sort.

Oh definitely agree. And hey, you can always go back. I'm just saying you're eventually going to have to settle. 

Plus, I still think you'd be great at occupational therapy or speech therapy. You'd get to work with kids but not as emotionally heavy. Or maybe nutrition if you wanted to work with older people but not be as tied in emotionally. 

You'll find something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marley said:

Oh definitely agree. And hey, you can always go back. I'm just saying you're eventually going to have to settle. 

Plus, I still think you'd be great at occupational therapy or speech therapy. You'd get to work with kids but not as emotionally heavy. Or maybe nutrition if you wanted to work with older people but not be as tied in emotionally. 

You'll find something. 

thank you Marley. <3 I am just super frustrated right now because I just...

Every aspiration and plan I had, seemingly has fallen apart...it feels like the world is playing a joke on me right now... XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jesusismyticket said:

thank you Marley. <3 I am just super frustrated right now because I just...

Every aspiration and plan I had, seemingly has fallen apart...it feels like the world is playing a joke on me right now... XD

Welcome to adulthood. The boulevard of broken dreams.

However, things tend to mend after a time and it gets better because you figure out everything. Er well, everything mostly important. 

I got approved for my first apartment. :D

 

Edited by Boogles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boogles said:

Welcome to adulthood. The boulevard of broken dreams.

However, things tend to mend after a time and it gets better because you figure out everything. Er well, everything mostly important. 

I got approved for my first apartment. :D

 

XD Becky understands

 

WOOOOO APARTMENT LIFE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay Beckeh! 

I'm signing a lease on a little Duplex today... I'm about 87% sure it's not a scam so here's hoping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jesusismyticket said:

XD Becky understands

 

WOOOOO APARTMENT LIFE

Becky is adulting sage. I'm an adult-y adult. Not the adultiest adult, but close. I give myself about 8 years before I'm the adultiest adult.
 It's a cute little studio in a quiet complex about 10 mins from where I'll work. It's super affordable too! I could afford it on this job, and I'll be making double.

 

3 hours ago, Marley said:

Yay Beckeh! 

I'm signing a lease on a little Duplex today... I'm about 87% sure it's not a scam so here's hoping. 

nice!

lol so 13% sure it's a scam though, huh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a scam it turns out! It was actually a pretty odd situation though. The complex is being sold to another individual in about a week but that person wanted to have all the units rented when they took over so they were trying to get the last place rented quick.... They basically signed me on good faith and a look at one of my pay stubs... didn't even do a background check. 

But then again it makes sense. Their selling the place. I'm only their problem for another couple weeks. 

I really like the little thing but I am having some doubts about the location. Not the best neighborhood in the little town but not bad. I think it'll be ok. Hopefully I didn't just make some aweful mistake. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how this thread is the last little flame of life and community on CTF xD Congrats btw Becky and Ashley. #AdultingForReal

Meanwhile, I haven recently been accepted into the graduate degree program of a little "alternative" interfaith seminary; and am working on my thesis requirement for an MA in Hebrew Letters. Exciting stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Telesphore said:

I like how this thread is the last little flame of life and community on CTF xD Congrats btw Becky and Ashley. #AdultingForReal

Meanwhile, I haven recently been accepted into the graduate degree program of a little "alternative" interfaith seminary; and am working on my thesis requirement for an MA in Hebrew Letters. Exciting stuff.

Bored is a legend in its own right.

Hmmm... I do not recognize that username! What was your previous moniker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Delores Stariana said:

Nothing much. Long time, no talk! How are you doing?

coping with the shambles that is adulthood. XD wbu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jesusismyticket said:

coping with the shambles that is adulthood. XD wbu?

Pretty good. Have a broken rib but other than that I'm great! Hope your week goes well as does coping with adulthood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Delores Stariana said:

Pretty good. Have a broken rib but other than that I'm great! Hope your week goes well as does coping with adulthood.

WAIT WHAT

WHAT HAPPENED D:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×