T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

On 9/11/2021 at 11:53 PM, Buoyancy said:

part of me says elope, the other wants fall 2022. But he hasn't technically proposed so... XD

I was just wondering because with the pandemic it seems like people tend to get married sooner (less than six months after getting engaged) or later (more than two years after getting engaged) than they would have otherwise. But, Fall 2022 isn't too long. It's only about a year. A year-long engagement seemed to be about the average timeframe of a pre-pandemic engagement. 

Either way, keep us posted! And, best wishes on your future marriage!

On 9/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, ComedyMusicHistory said:

I was just wondering because with the pandemic it seems like people tend to get married sooner (less than six months after getting engaged) or later (more than two years after getting engaged) than they would have otherwise. But, Fall 2022 isn't too long. It's only about a year. A year-long engagement seemed to be about the average timeframe of a pre-pandemic engagement. 

Either way, keep us posted! And, best wishes on your future marriage!

Yeah, i am noticing that too. I don't want to wait two more years. mostly because he wants the whole " no smooch until marriage" thing and its making me crazy. I want to smoooooooch.  We've been dating two years and I can't do this much longer lol.

thing is, we're both older. We're not chomping at any bits like some of our cohorts( except for me and kissing lol). I know a few purity movement peeps that dated and married fast so they could... y'know...
And our goal from the get go was building a solid relationship full of depth and emotional intimacy. We're very deeply connected by this point. He's sweet and kind and I am spoiled. 

We went house hunting today. No luck, but I think i found one online worth looking at it. 
(We'd be married before I moved in.)

\  I have my preferences, for sure, but I am also old. i have been plotting a wedding for about a decade and  I could easily plan everything in about a months time and excecute it by spring. My lease went month to month in August by default.  If i didn't have so many family and friends, we'd probs just elope.  Oh well.

Will do!

Thanks Buoyancy

Just to clarify, are you actually engaged? If you're house hunting already for a together house that is already setting a timeline. 

9 hours ago, Yoda said:

Thanks Buoyancy

Just to clarify, are you actually engaged? If you're house hunting already for a together house that is already setting a timeline. 

Nope, not officially.  He'd be living in it for awhile without me.