T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

I allow 5-10 minutes of chit-chat with my clients at the start of the session to help build rapport with them. I refuse to discuss politics, but that doesn't stop them from trying. Normally we discuss things like the latest episode of The Walking Dead or the latest Marvel movie. I get a lot of the juvenile clients because I'm a geek and can speak "14 year old boy" very well. Most of the clinicians don't like working with the juveniles, so it works. 

Though that does get tricky at times. I get to hear a lot of local gossip from my clients, which is fine because most of them are city dwellers, and I'm not. I currently live in the suburbs, and grew up at the very edge of the county, far far away from these people in the middle of farm land. But I have 3 clients from the same small town I grew up in. About a month ago, they came in all worked up about this tragic thing that happened near their homes. This very sweet, kind, family was at a funeral for a very close family member, and while everyone was away, the house caught on fire and burned all the way to the ground. It wasn't even caused by any negligence, it was a wiring issue at the meter box and entirely the electric company's fault. They just kept talking about how awful it was. I'm sitting there trying my best to keep a straight face and not tear up, but it was difficult. It was my parents' house that had burned down while we were at my grandfather's funeral. None of them ever caught on to the connection though, so I'm a better actress than I think I am. 

On 11/7/2016 at 5:48 AM, noelKt5 said:

Yeah I've tried explaining that. However my work place has asked the referral source to provide interpretation services and they refuse. The thing is, the cost of an interpreter is more than we'd make treating him. But trust me, I'm advocating. 

Are there any Interpreter training programs in the area? There might be an ITP student who has some counseling background who'd be willing to work for cheaper (double majors in this area are pretty common).  Like me at this church. XD 

Good good. 

On 11/9/2016 at 0:46 AM, Yoda said:

Thanks Boogles, are you liking it? 

It looks like Donald Trump will become the President of the USA. 

LOVING IT. So. so much love for this job. 

Meh. Just glad it's not Hillary. She's terrifying. 

They both terrify me. I just keep thinking back to 2004 when John McCain, a perfectly respectable man with decent morals and a good record, was basically thrown out of the running because he once got a little excited and yelled out "yeah!" during a speech. He was considered too excitable, and not fit to be president because we can't have a loose cannon like that in the oval office with access to nukes. Oh how things change in 12 years. I mean seriously, what on earth happened here?

Anyhow Michi, I should warn you that, for the most part, Bored is made up of the "elderly" population of CTF. I'm 29. I was a teen when I joined, but I'm pretty far from that now. 

and i am 17 will be 18 next weekend... and okay... what you guys talk about on here?

32 minutes ago, Michi said:

and i am 17 will be 18 next weekend... and okay... what you guys talk about on here?

Well happy early birthday! 

2 hours ago, Michi said:

1 hour ago, Cassiatell said:

Hey there! What are we talking about in this convo?

We discuss anything and everything under the sun.

And happy birthday Michi!

There's this guy who keeps harassing me

He calls me a [STAFF EDIT] and says I'm going to burn in hell, and keeps arguing about my denomination. I've asked him to stop but he ignores me

I've reported him twice and nothing's happened, what do I do? I don't want to block him, I feel like it's surrendering

Edited by Yoda
No profanity please even if it's with asterixs

Is this on CTF?

Please report his messages and myself or a different staff member will investigate. 

I'm seriously considering going out to see Dr Strange this evening. My boyfriend expressed interest in seeing it, but he's "too busy" to find time to go see it. So I might just go by myself. 

19 minutes ago, noelKt5 said:

I'm seriously considering going out to see Dr Strange this evening. My boyfriend expressed interest in seeing it, but he's "too busy" to find time to go see it. So I might just go by myself. 

I've heard a lot of bad things about Dr. Strange. When you see it, tell me how it was!

oh ok.

Let me know what you think of it :)

On a related note, I got the original 6 Star Wars films on blu ray this morning at the swap mart. 

I loved it! But I'm a Marvel nut. The  little clip with Dr. Strange and Thor made me giggle at the end too. I met Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston at Comic Con a few months ago. 

And that is awesome. I'm a little jealous. 

That mid-credits scene was my favourite part of the film.

Yeah it was pretty cool, it didn't come with any bonus discs though. Still a lot cheaper than buying them from a store.