Sign in to follow this  
kb5462

Ladies' Small Group

This has been preying on my heart for a while and I've been trying to ignore it, but to no avail :P 

I'd really like to get a ladies small group going on CTF. The basic premise would be a group of us getting together over PM to talk about faith and applying Scripture to our lives. We'd be able to talk about areas of sin, ask for prayer etc. 

I thought it might work better over PM with a different topic (and Scripture) each week because then it's not reliant on anyone in particular to keep it going; it's a collective effort! It also affords some privacy, which I think is conducive to honest fellowship. 

I was thinking that we could start with the Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5), and consider one each week. So, starting Sunday, we'd consider the topic of love, and over the week share thoughts, Bible verses, pieces of wisdom, ask for advice etc. Doing it over PM would mean we wouldn't miss messages but there's no hassle about finding a time when everyone's online. 

What do people think?

I'm interested. I kind of consistently fail at consistent participation, though.

That's alright, don't worry! I thought just having a PM that goes around per week would mean participation could be sporadic when it needed to be :) 

Of course! We'll be starting Sunday :) I'll send round a PM then when everyone who wants to has signed up! 

Welcome, welcome :) 

That's alright, Becky - I envisioned it being something that, even if you can't contribute to every week, will at least give you some thoughts and Scripture to mull over when you get the time :) 

Sign in to follow this