lisa98

New Years resolutions 2016

New Years resolutions   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Have you made any New Years resolutions?

• Yes
    • No

I thought it would be fun if we all shared our resolutions, and later this year we can get back to them and see whether or not keeping them has gone well!

My resolution is pretty simple: I'm going to try really hard to become better at playing my instruments (bass, guitar, drums) and put extra focus on bass. I'm also going to check if there's a band a can join, perhaps at school.

So what are your resolutions? :)

To love others and love myself. Create art. Embrace art. Travel more. Expand on the growth I accomplished in 2015.

I resolve to:

Do things for the sake of my own mental health.

I will be losing weight and I resolve to gain no more than 10 pounds of it back. (It keeps going away and then bringing friends back with it...)

To go out and live a little more and be on the internet a little less.

Nap and pray more, stress less.

To love others and love myself. Create art. Embrace art. Travel more. Expand on the growth I accomplished in 2015.

Sounds good, where would you like to travel?

I resolve to:

Do things for the sake of my own mental health.

I will be losing weight and I resolve to gain no more than 10 pounds of it back. (It keeps going away and then bringing friends back with it...)

To go out and live a little more and be on the internet a little less.

Nap and pray more, stress less.

Those are good ones. What kind of things do you want to do more of outside the Internet?

Recover my former physical strength.

1: Work hard at high-school

2: Better my temper

3: Learn sheet-music and excel at the piano

4: Work more with Kettle-bells 

Recover my former physical strength.

Sounds like a good goal. Do you play any sports?

1: Work hard at high-school

2: Better my temper

3: Learn sheet-music and excel at the piano

4: Work more with Kettle-bells

Oooh, I'm also trying to learn to read sheet music, except for bass. Good luck :D

Those are good ones. What kind of things do you want to do more of outside the Internet?

Excercise

Travel

Retake math classes. :P

Excercise

Travel

Retake math classes. :P

Ah, sweet sweet math...hehe.

Where would you like to travel?

Sounds like a good goal. Do you play any sports?

No, and I am not athletic at all. I was never good at any sport. I just think that striving for physical excellence is morally required of me in order to flourish as a man. As Socrates said "no citizen has the right to be an amateur in the realm of physical fitness, what a shame it is for a man to grow old without ever having seen the beauty and strength of which his body is capable".

As a reference, in 2010 I was squatting 365 lbs for 8 reps, now 225 lbs for 8 reps is hard. I also weigh more than I did then.

I'm going to read a short story every day and write a short analysis of that short story.

I don't actually expect to keep this one 100%, but I'm excited to see how close I can come :)

I'm going to read a short story every day and write a short analysis of that short story.

I don't actually expect to keep this one 100%, but I'm excited to see how close I can come :)

That sounds fun! I'm not sure it it's available in English, but there's a Swedish writer called John Ajvide Lindqvist who has several collections of short stories. If you can find them in a library or online I can definitely recommend them! He writes about horror and unexplainable things.

No, and I am not athletic at all. I was never good at any sport. I just think that striving for physical excellence is morally required of me in order to flourish as a man. As Socrates said "no citizen has the right to be an amateur in the realm of physical fitness, what a shame it is for a man to grow old without ever having seen the beauty and strength of which his body is capable".

As a reference, in 2010 I was squatting 365 lbs for 8 reps, now 225 lbs for 8 reps is hard. I also weigh more than I did then.

Beautiful quote! I'm gonna save that one :D And good luck with the resolution, I'm sure you can do it if you set your mind to it. ^_^ Edited by lisa98

I'm choosing a word for the year, rather than making a long list of resolutions as I have in the past. The word is commitmentthe state or quality of being dedicated to a cause. 

So, for me that means trying to embody being committed to the important things every day: God, family, values, academics, and so on.  

Mine have to do with becoming a more gentle, kinder person. I'm a little rough around the edges and I want to change that, and become a lady.

I'm also going to learn how to cook more, clean more, knit better, and sew.

Mine have to do with becoming a more gentle, kinder person. I'm a little rough around the edges and I want to change that, and become a lady.

I'm also going to learn how to cook more, clean more, knit better, and sew.

That's good! Becoming kinder and gentler is never a bad thing  :thumbsup:

Im going to learn to be patient, finish my stories, grow closer to God. Finish crocheting the hat i started.

Im going to learn to be patient, finish my stories, grow closer to God. Finish crocheting the hat i started.

Loose weight, learn to crochet better and play gutiar.

Lots of crocheting hehe  :thumbsup: