Servant

chuck

I feel like I've so often heard servant relating to a Christian lifestyle that it no longer has any negative connotations. Its just serving. One who serves. Willingly, but in a binding position. *shrugs*

I don't think 'slave' or someone being made to work.

I feel like I've so often heard servant relating to a Christian lifestyle that it no longer has any negative connotations. Its just serving. One who serves. Willingly, but in a binding position. *shrugs*

I don't think 'slave' or someone being made to work.

Yes Marley as my relationship with Christ has grown the word has started taking on a different meaning to me also. Its also not as much just reading and studying that has been the biggest changer it has been the doing. Actually going out and living out a life as a servant and how different living it was from how I thought about it.

I think it is a lot easier today to think of myself as a servant when it applies to helping family, friends, church members, and even those I do not know. But today I still have a hard time with "servant" when it applies to being that way to those who I have a hard time getting along with or especially those that have hurt or simply did me wrong.

Today I have the whole " the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" thing going on. I truly now have a desire to even help those who hurt me but man I fight a huge battle with my flesh when it comes to living it out still.

Well if i may, what comes to mind on hearing servant in the Bible is humility. Like Jesus washing the feet of his disciples.

I think for me in scripture the humbleness of Jesus and then the humbleness of those Christians living out their relationship with Christ by practicing servitude  is what broke my mind set of it being a negative thing and made me see it more positively. Then when I started acting out on it in that positive way reinforced it that much more. I think what is even more awesome is how God starts working in us to even start extending the whole servant attitude to those we do not get along with or have done us wrong. 

I think for me in scripture the humbleness of Jesus and then the humbleness of those Christians living out their relationship with Christ by practicing servitude  is what broke my mind set of it being a negative thing and made me see it more positively. Then when I started acting out on it in that positive way reinforced it that much more. I think what is even more awesome is how God starts working in us to even start extending the whole servant attitude to those we do not get along with or have done us wrong.

Exactly and there is that sense/feeling of fulfillment when you act on serving others.

• 4 weeks later...