Nicene Nerd

Denomination Quiz for Another CTF Generation

I find it odd that they put non-Christian religions in this denomination quiz. If they're going to include Mormonism they might as well ask if you believe "As man is God once was and as God is man may become" to be a true statement. On a side note on my time away from CTF I've become an expert on all things LDS/Mormon. Very fascinating belief system, culture, and history to learn about. If you guys would pray for someone I know who's Mormon that'd be great!

Everyone keeps telling Caleb to convert to some high-church setting when obviously he's much more useful as a low-church reformer <3

Everyone keeps telling Caleb to convert to some high-church setting when obviously he's much more useful as a low-church reformer <3

I could spend the rest of my life low-church as long as I got weekly Communion and they actually used the responsive readings in our hymnals.

And speaking of which, I'm actually quite excited because my church just adopted weekly Communion last week.

Unity Church (100%)

Unitarian Universalism (86%)

Eastern Orthodox Church (74%)

Liberal Quakerism (71%)

Roman Catholic Church (59%)

Episcopal/Anglican Church (44%) Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (44%)

Mormonism (44%)

Jehovah's Witness (42%)

United Pentecostal Church (40%)

I also took the Jewish version:

Conservative Judaism: Conserves the observance of Jewish Laws and customs while modifying some for modern society, e.g. services in both Hebrew and local language, equality for women and homosexuals, and some flexibility in practicing Jewish Law. Studies Torah for its divinely inspired wisdom. (100%)

Reform Judaism: Observes modified, modernized Jewish laws and practices, respecting individual decisions. Belief in God is a basic tenet, but unbelieving Jews are embraced as they continue to grow spiritually. Social action and egalitarianism are highly valued. Studies Torah for its divinely inspired human wisdom. (100%)

Jewish Renewal: Infuses Jewish worship with healing, meditation, and mystical practices to commune with the Divine intimately and passionately, while expanding Jewish law to a mission of world peace, egalitarianism, environmental stewardship, and universalism. God is all and in all. Aims to embody the divinity of the Torah rather than simply study it. (68%)

Reconstructionist Judaism: Respects traditional practices while introducing new forms of expression. Values egalitarianism and social action. While deity beliefs among members are diverse, Godliness and Goodness are emphasized. Studies Torah for its ancient wisdom while congregations forge new insights. (37%)

Orthodox Judaism: Observes Jewish Laws and customs traditionally, strictly, and devoutly. Worship and prayer are to one God, the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Creator. Studies Torah for its truths as revealed by God. (31%)

Hasidic Judaism: Observes Jewish Laws devoutly and strictly. Seeks mystical and ecstatic communion with God while living in a close Hasidic community under the guidance of the Rebbe (holy master) and requires modest dress in the Hasidic tradition. Studies Torah for its revealed and mystical truths. (18%)

Humanistic Judaism: Embraces Jewish identity, history, values, and culture non-theistically. Services, rites, and celebrations are conducted without reference to divine authority. Egalitarianism, environmentalism, and social action are emphasized. Studies Torah for its historical perspective and its teachings. (0%)

Pretty accurate for both, IDK what the Unity Church is though

1. Episcopal/Anglican Church (100%)  

2. Evangelical Lutheran Church (100%)  
3. Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (84%)  
4. Methodist/Wesleyan Church (75%)  
5. Eastern Orthodox Church (68%)  
6. Liberal Quakerism (67%)  
7. Seventh-Day Adventist (59%)  
8. Church of Christ (58%)  
9. Mennonite Brethren (58%)  
10. Assemblies of God (50%)  
11. Roman Catholic Church (50%)  
12. International Church of Christ (49%)  
13. Presbyterian Church USA (49%)  
14. Free Will Baptist (42%)  
15. Orthodox Quakerism (42%)  
16. United Pentecostal Church (42%)  
17. Presbyterian Church in America/Orthodox Presbyterian Church (33%)  
18. Reformed Churches (33%)  
19. Southern Baptist (33%)  
20. Unity Church (27%)  
21. Unitarian Universalism (25%)  
22. Reformed Baptist (24%)  
23. Jehovah's Witness (8%)  

24. Mormonism (0%)   

Idk why the formats weird and I can't fix it on this kindle. Also took quiz cause quiz was there. Idk what any of this means.

Episcopal/Anglican Church (100%)

Liberal Quakerism (83%)

Unitarian Universalism (83%)

Evangelical Lutheran Church (80%)

Methodist/Wesleyan Church (80%)

Orthodox Quakerism (80%)

Unity Church (63%)

Assemblies of God (59%)

Church of Christ (59%)

Eastern Orthodox Church (59%)

Edited by JKAY

I am Anglican... So it was fairly accurate at 95%

post-27526-0-87152700-1459808256_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Kirbie

Southern Baptist (100%)  

Reformed Baptist (100%)  

Presbyterian Church in America/Orthodox Presbyterian Church (99%)  

Reformed Churches (99%)  

Presbyterian Church USA (98%)  

Free Will Baptist (91%)  

Mennonite Brethren (91%)  

Church of Christ (90%)  

Assemblies of God (89%)  

International Church of Christ (89%)  

Methodist/Wesleyan Church (89%)  

Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (88%)  

Evangelical Lutheran Church (88%)  

Orthodox Quakerism (82%)  

Not really surprised with it, been going to a Independent Baptist Church since birth. I am so a bit surprised on the amount of non-denominational members are on CTF. Where I live, the Bible Belt, there are very, very few non-denom. churches. I guess its more of a northern thing.

I am so a bit surprised on the amount of non-denominational members are on CTF. Where I live, the Bible Belt, there are very, very few non-denom. churches. I guess its more of a northern thing.

I also have spent my entire life in the Bible Belt, and I've seen plenty of non-denominational churches. Loads of them. Granted, they're not the majority by any stretch, but they're certainly not rare.

Southern Baptist (100%)

Reformed Baptist (100%)

Presbyterian Church in America/Orthodox Presbyterian Church (99%)

Reformed Churches (99%)

Presbyterian Church USA (98%)

Free Will Baptist (91%)

Mennonite Brethren (91%)

Church of Christ (90%)

Assemblies of God (89%)

International Church of Christ (89%)

Methodist/Wesleyan Church (89%)

Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (88%)

Evangelical Lutheran Church (88%)

Orthodox Quakerism (82%)

Not really surprised with it, been going to a Independent Baptist Church since birth. I am so a bit surprised on the amount of non-denominational members are on CTF. Where I live, the Bible Belt, there are very, very few non-denom. churches. I guess its more of a northern thing.

I also live in the Bible Belt and non-denom churches are becoming more prevalant -- perhaps outnumbered only by Baptist and Church of God churches. Edited by curryjacket