Sign in to follow this  
ComedyMusicHistory

What can I do?

What can I do to try to bring about awareness and change prison rape here in the US? There's no anti-prison rape clubs people can form. There isn't even material on it to set around at a college. A joined a Bible girls study with trying to get something together to do something about it as a main reason. But I don't know. I'm not some big extrovert and makes me nervous talking in the group. So the thought of bringing it up makes me nervous. And what would we do? Go a fancy mall and start talking to rich and upper-middle class people about it and try to get them to care? Either way I'd probably have to make any material to hand out myself. I've thought about anonymously emailing the young pastor at my church. He even does a softball prison ministry. But that sounds overwhelming. Or I could try emailing the twelve campus mega church that my sister goes to and my Bible study is with. But that sounds overwhelming and I wouldn't know what to say. I also worry that no one will really care to do anything. Since no one's cared at any time in the last 15 years. BUT WHY? Flipping why. I know why. The victims are prisoners, the vast majority of victims of male, a significant or good size amount of the perpetrators are female, and male on female rape is the least common type. But that's not very satisfying. It satisfying my head, but not my heart. It explains why I'm not a feminist or traditionalist, but that still doesn't keep my heart from breaking because of the lack or sympathy or empathy. It frustrates me how there not being an emoji of a girl playing soccer is seen as bigger issue than people being violently raped in prison. If people wanted to misrepresent the genders of the perpetrators and victims of prison rape, but at least tried to bring awareness that would step in the right direction. But no one does even that. I am so sick SJWs whining would the most utter minutia and calling it "oppression". When we have real violence and oppression happening sanctioned in the US. I'm also pro-life which is also a big issue to me, but with that at least half of people care and a quarter of people seriously care about it. Every pro-choice or on the fence American should see prison rape as the single, biggest human rights violation going on in the US. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. There are about 700 different Students For Life clubs in the US on high schools, colleges, and universities. But there's nothing like that for prison rape. And you have "pro-life" Rick Perry basically said he didn't care about prison rape and refused to implement precautions in Texas to try to reduce and end prison rape. Rick Perry gives pro-choicers a great example when some say "pro-lifers don't care about born people". But sadly I have yet to see any pro-choicers use that as a swear against pro-lifers. He is to my knowledge the only 2016 presidential candidate (he's dropped out now) who has said anything about prison rape. There are so many injustices in the world that need to be changes. But somehow things happening right in your county, region of state, state, or country carry a lot more weight than injustices happening on the other side of the world you can't do much about. As Christians, or even just as "good" people, we can't just sit around while terrible violence and injustice happens legally or de facto legally in our neighborhood. I remember it was I think in September of 2013 when I first really found out about the issue of prison rape. It was so terrible to find out. The whole empathy gap, between males and females, just plain breaks my heart. I don't see a male individually or a group of males as any less deserving of my care, empathy, sympathy, or compassion. And the way are tolerance really just brings me me to tears. It seriously bothers me the government thinks rape on college campuses is bigger issue than rape in prison. 

I just want to do something very worthwhile. And we'll all have to give an account of our life including what we did for the "least of these". I know it only takes one person to change the world, but sometimes it seems so hard. I know I'm still very young, but I feel guilty not trying to do something or at least praying.

A really good quote for this or stand by on any injustice, "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK Jr.

This apathy of Americans to recognizing this great injustice pains me deeply And needs to stop. There are many things churches and Christians in the US get hyped up about that they don't need to. But this is something that churches and Christians should get hyped up about, but are not.