Batman Vs Superman

Yoda

Batman Vs Superman?   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer?

Actually if anyone cares to, can someone explain the point?

Both fight crime, both are good heroes, why are they fighting anyway?

Because of their different ideas about morality, and how the other person should operate inside their ideas about morality.

Because of their different ideas about morality, and how the other person should operate inside their ideas about morality.

Yes

Also because it's kind of a cool fight. I really want batman to kick the stuffing out of superman. Which is completely the opposite of what I want when they're friends in justice league.... I really really like superman batman being pals. It's oddly fulfilling.

Superman. The only limitation to the dude is his own sense of morality and self-subordination to principle and hierarchy. I much prefer that personality to the sort of rationalism and vigilantism in Batman.

Edited by Chris-M

As if my Goku avatar wasn't indication enough, of course I prefer Superman.

He can do anything he wants, yet he chooses to be good. Superman's struggles are not about his ability or to overcome challenges, but to do the right thing.

Batman is liked more because of the current generation's obsession with antiheroes and darkness rather than pure goodness, which is viewed as "lame and uninteresting."

Edited by Cato

Batman is liked more because of the current generation's obsession with antiheroes and darkness rather than pure goodness, which is viewed as "lame and uninteresting."

Well that's a condescending opinion. Not strictly accurate.

I grew up watching batman, the villains are great. Superman movies were always straightforward and kind of dull in comparison to the weird and zany adventures of batman.

On a sad related note I was reading some reviews and the movie may be a complete bustಠ╭╮ಠ

Edited by JKAY

I'll watch it when it's rentable; it costs a lot for our whole family to go to the theater. 
But I'll definitely try to watch it sometime!

I quite honestly like Batman over Superman; Batman has virtually nothing special (as in, no powers like Superman) and he's running around doing things.

Ok the movie wasn't horrible. Ben afleck was not a bad batman.

Superman had this consistent disgustingly smug look. Every time he floated down from the sky to the rescue he just had a really self satisfied expression. I hated him in this movie. I also hated the way batman fought him. It seemed so underhanded and petty. Wonderwoman indeed redeemed the stupid atmosphere of "why are these two adult superheroes acting like angsty teenagers".

It was a bit disappointing. Not a bad movie, just kind of fragmented in certain ways and the characters were kind of... not themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Superman.

Batman wouldn't exist if Alfred would have just taken Bruce to therapy. Also, it's been stated by Com. Gordon that Batman doesn't even get to all of the crime they call him for because he's so busy with the crime he chooses to fight. It makes more sense for Bruce to be politician that reforms the city from the outside and uses his absurd amount of money to pay for strengthening Gotham economically than for his (embezzlement) "bat-nouns".