Sign in to follow this  
White

Revealed why atheism exists.!!!

Apparently it's not a lack of faith, but a lack of desire.

Eh. I don't know that this is an accurate portrayal of why people are atheists. People's reasons for atheism are so vast and while it could be said that many do not 'desire' faith, many do. Atheism isn't always the "easy way out" an atheist could be someone who makes money raging against Christians just as much as it could be someone sitting in a church pew every Sunday for whom it just doesn't 'click'. I've met atheists who were angry at the church, and those who are neutral. Even one or two who see Christianity as a social good. I worry that the line of thinking you present is just a way to place the blame back on atheists for their non-belief. To most atheists, asking them to believe would be like asking them to believe that the sky is red. When they respond, "I just can't believe it!" this response is, "You just don't want it enough!" Of course I would like my atheist brothers and sisters to find faith, but I worry about the consequences of telling a person to deny their own truth. 

The trick, like all things, is to look at an individual person and not just "an atheist". 

Eh. I don't know that this is an accurate portrayal of why people are atheists. People's reasons for atheism are so vast and while it could be said that many do not 'desire' faith, many do. Atheism isn't always the "easy way out" an atheist could be someone who makes money raging against Christians just as much as it could be someone sitting in a church pew every Sunday for whom it just doesn't 'click'. I've met atheists who were angry at the church, and those who are neutral. Even one or two who see Christianity as a social good. I worry that the line of thinking you present is just a way to place the blame back on atheists for their non-belief. To most atheists, asking them to believe would be like asking them to believe that the sky is red. When they respond, "I just can't believe it!" this response is, "You just don't want it enough!" Of course I would like my atheist brothers and sisters to find faith, but I worry about the consequences of telling a person to deny their own truth. 

The trick, like all things, is to look at an individual person and not just "an atheist". 

An atheist, an individual person... Just another demon in the earth

Nah man. That's not how it works. But I'm kinda doubting that I'm gonna be able to convince you otherwise so yea.... just remember, God calls us to love and serve each other. Atheists included. 

Edited by Marley

Everyone is a demon then. We all sin, dude.

Mwahahaha!

I will haunt you in your dreams!  Beware, I, Incubus, will torment you!  Bow down before me!  Mwahahaha!

Please, man.  

I was wrong for thinking this was going to be an interesting read before clicking.

Tremendous revelation, Mr. White.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

They won't go to heaven though, If you really love them bring them to Jesus who bears the gift of eternal life 1st. There is a big difference being a sinner but "accepting" Christ compared to being a sinner and completely "rejecting" Christ in their life. They can't work their way to heaven by "themselves", there is only ONE way to God and that is Jesus Christ. 

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

They won't go to heaven though, If you really love them bring them to Jesus who bears the gift of eternal life 1st. There is a big difference being a sinner but "accepting" Christ compared to being a sinner and completely "rejecting" Christ in their life. They can't work their way to heaven by "themselves", there is only ONE way to God and that is Jesus Christ. 

I agree.

Can you do another sensational hot off the presses topic about why Christian's trend to demonize others for daring to have their own opinions on things? No I'm kidding. That's totally not your style.

Can you do another sensational hot off the presses topic about why Christian's trend to demonize others for daring to have their own opinions on things? No I'm kidding. That's totally not your style.

"why Christian's [tend] to demonize others for daring to have their own opinions on things"

Woohoo, fighting generalisations with generalisations.

(On a totally unrelated note, 30 points to Gryffindor for quoting di Lampedusa in your signature.)

Neither will lukewarm Christians, (which might include most of the Christians in this forum according to Pastor Paul Washer's teachings) nor apostates to the gospel, nor anyone from any other religion for that matter.

You have to be a saint to get to heaven; Without blemish.

Too much work in my opinion.

Doesn't match with any Bible I've ever read.

You have to believe in Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior to go to heaven; in-spite of our imperfections. 

.That doesn't match any Bible that I've read, nor that you have...unless you've wrote your own Bible.

.That doesn't match any Bible that I've read, nor that you have...unless you've wrote your own Bible.

I disagree. 

The bible teaches that one is to be washed clean of sin in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.  Nothing contaminated makes it into that kingdom.

Don't try to be funny, now.  

Edited by Faithful Kevin

I disagree. 

The bible teaches that one is to be washed clean of sin in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.  Nothing contaminated makes it into that kingdom.

It also seems to teach that the washing takes place at baptism, and remains valid apart from apostasy.

I disagree. 

The Bible does teach that one must be washed of sin to enter the Kingdom of God. However, the Bible also teaches that Jesus is the way to be clean of sin, renewed and prepared to stand before the Father:

"the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." - 1 John 1:7

"I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by with they have sinned against Me and by which they have transgressed against Me."Jeremiah 33:8

"[Jesus] who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds." - Titus 2:14

"He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit" - Titus 3:5

"Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that fat brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." - Hebrews 10:19-23 (emphasis mine) 

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." - Psalm 51:10

Not trying to be funny, trying to be Biblical. 

The Bible does teach that one must be washed of sin to enter the Kingdom of God. However, the Bible also teaches that Jesus is the way to be clean of sin, renewed and prepared to stand before the Father:

"the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." - 1 John 1:7

"I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by with they have sinned against Me and by which they have transgressed against Me."Jeremiah 33:8

"[Jesus] who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds." - Titus 2:14

"He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit" - Titus 3:5

"Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that fat brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." - Hebrews 10:19-23 (emphasis mine) 

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." - Psalm 51:10

Not trying to be funny, trying to be Biblical. 

So you're proving my point.  

My "Don't try to be funny" comment wasn't for you.  

Everyone is answering my post as though our arguments differ when in fact it's your own brethren, GearheadGirl, who holds a contrary belief on the concept of the washing of sins.

Edited by Faithful Kevin