Yoda

Captain America Civil War - Which Side

Which team?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Team Captain America or Team Iron Man?

• Captain America
    • Iron Man
    • Undecided

So are you team Captain America or team Iron Man?

Team Iron Man supports Government intervention/oversight into the Avengers, whereas team Captain America opposes it.

Team Iron Man: Iron Man, War Machine, Spider-man, Vision, Black Widow

Team Captain America: Captain America, Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch

I'm team Captain America

Captain America and Iron Man are my two favorites..... but Captain American is more favorite. <3

Iron man, sadly. I don't think I'll watch this one. It's kind of a downer. Neither side is very reasonable but stark irks me less.

Also, the first trailer made it seem like this was more of an issue of "What to do with the Winter Soldier?" In which things get super tricky because of mind control and stuff. In general it just seems like it's hard to choose sides when we're dealing in a world where mind control, gods, and threats of total destruction come every summer.

I am actually pretty neutral on the whole thing. I mean, as a character, I prefer Captain America more, Iron Man just annoys me to be perfectly honest. But, in regards to their beliefs alone, I'm able to see pros and cons for both sides. That's why I like the Civil War storyline so much and am glad it's getting a movie. I just like seeing these two different ideals be put against each other when I'm able to understand both equally, there's no real bad guy in it at all.

I love them both too much to choose...but I feel that after seeing the movie I may (just may) be able to choose. 

A pox on both their houses. 

I dunno. On the one hand, the idea of literal gods horsing around the planet unchecked is scary. On the other hand, Tony Stark is an irresponsible lunatic who has imperiled the world at least as many times as he's saved it, Captain America is clearly the "good guy" in this story, and the government agency in charge of regulating super types would inevitably become Shieldra 2.0.

Personally, I favor a strategy of exterminating the mutants <3

Edited by Chris-M

Having seen the movie, I'm going to have to go hard-core with Steve Rogers. The idea that the UN should take a vote before the Avengers are allowed to deal with the giant monster attacking New York is silly. It's also exceptionally likely that it would be a touch on the imperial side. You know the UN is going to be more responsive to US and Russian problems than, say, problems in small fictional African countries--unless those small countries are able to make the US care.

Also, I'm sorry, but Iron Man needs to deal with his mental health issues before he gets anywhere near anything resembling a weapon. The man is a danger to himself and his friends.

Edited by Chris-M