Sign in to follow this  
ComedyMusicHistory

School Situation

School Situation   

19 members have voted

1. 1. What is/was your school situation?

• Homeschool
    • Christian School
    • Private School
    • Charter School
    • Public School

Public school, all the way up. However, I did move around a lot and my parents made a point to be sure we were in good districts. I have some complaints (seriously wish my Spanish classes would have actually taught me, ya know, Spanish) but overall no regrets. And I now work with the public education system so idk, full circle I guess. 

I was public schooled from kindergarten-2nd grade. Due to speech problems I had as a kid (I basically sounded like Elmer Fudd), and my realitive shyness, I didn't really work well in the classroom. My mom pulled me out and from third grade onwards I've been homeschooled. This next year I am also doing some dual enrollment classes at a local community college, so I'll see how that works out.

Homeschool also has the perk of not having to learn Spanish or another spoken language, I have trouble enough with English as is. So we did ASL, which is not accessible in almost any public school, and is actually much easier than Spanish in my opinion (plus, you don't have to write reports.)

Homeschool also has the perk of not having to learn Spanish or another spoken language, I have trouble enough with English as is. So we did ASL, which is not accessible in almost any public school, and is actually much easier than Spanish in my opinion (plus, you don't have to write reports.)

Learning Spanish was hard for me as well, but where I'm working now it would be so so nice to be at least kinda-fluent. Working through interpreters all the time is a pain. I can get the gist of what people are saying when they talk to me, but that's it.

It's interesting that you mention ASL because the high school I'm currently working at has a fantastic ASL program. I'm not sure if it counts as a language credit or just an elective, but the kids love it. A lot of deaf and hard of hearing kiddos in the area end up coming to our district for high school because we have a really good program for those kids. It's cool how the teachers of the class work to bring both of those groups together. We have Spanish and French as well, but the ASL program is the one I always hear about. 

I was private school aged 3-18 (idk what the equivalent years are in US schools).