Sign in to follow this  
God's Faithful Girl

When will i find my relationship with God?

I know He exists, and that He created all there was to create, but i dont feel a personal connection with Him. I believe and i worship but it just feels like im going through the motions.

You can never know for sure what it will take to feel any more connected to Christ, but generally two of the biggest factors are your service and church fellowship. Are you serving others, especially to help those in great need and share the Good News of Christ? Are you doing so as a member of a church where you all love one another, share burdens, encourage each other, and work together to bring the light of Christ to a broken world?

Usually, these things are the most powerful ways to truly experience the love of God in Christ, assuming you already have a consistent life of prayer and Holy Communion as a foundation.

A lot of people "feel" and communicate with God in many different ways. 

It took me a while to really felt like I had a personal connection with God. Isaiah tells us that the Lord longs for us. We're just not necessarily always listening to Him or looking for Him in the right ways. Many people expect God to speak to them in an audible voice that they only can hear- and I kinda expected that too at one point- but there's so many more ways. I can't tell you one specific way which you can connect with God on a more personal level, because it's different for everyone. My advice to you would to be spend a lot of time in prayer, try to have a few quiet times a week which you're not doing anything else, or have anything else on our mind, just God- then be still and listen for Him; and be ready for Him to communicate in a way you're not usually expecting.

For me, the first time I felt a true connection to God was when I needed him most. Before I had been young and non-caring (I only prayed when I was told by my parents and so I often forgot for example). But then when I was ten I needed a set of long and wearing operations and I started praying like crazy. 

And God did not turn his back on me. My operations went well, and I recovered much quicker than the doctors expected. And after I always felt as though God was watching me. I believe to this day that He sent me a warning sign, I sign that I was taking his love for me for granted and I had very little respect. 

And now I feel him everywhere. In nature, stuff on the television, even in other people. 

Don't worry- everyone connects with God at different times in their life and one day you'll find your connection with Him. 

Edited by Music_girl