meercat

how do you talk to atheist friends about christ???

11 members have voted

1. 1. what's your fallback approach if you are confronted about ur faith at school?

• debate!!!
    • tell them what i really believe in a civilised mannor
    • varies day to day
    • shrug and walk off
    • ask if they want to come to church with me
    • other
  2. 2. do you find it easy to talk about God?

• really easy!!!
    • sort of easy...
    • depends who and when
    • quite hard
    • very hard
  3. 3. what denomination r u?

• evangelist
    • methodist
    • jehovah's witness
    • catholic
    • other

Although I do not go to public school, I have had encounters in social groups were many of the people were not Christian. I have been friends with non-christians, as long as they can be respectful to the fact that I am faithful.

When someone asks me about my religion, I am willingly open about it. I have no problem letting people know I believe in God, I am not afraid to do so. If you shun me because I do, well, the problem is you and not me. Especially if I simply state "I am a Catholic." which is what I am.

I feel it can be valuable to befriend, or acquaint yourself at least, with all different types. It allows you to see a different sort of belief, life, etc.

Being around different kinds has actually often strengthened my faith, not injured it. that is my view on the matter.

Go for it!  The more you engage in conversations with atheists about your religion and beliefs the more you will learn their points of view on the subject (that's a given).  Keep in mind that you will be attempting to convert or speak about your religion to people who have already denied to follow it.  

Maybe you will learn something new about your bible or your religion.  

Gearhead in real life:

Atheist adult: "Hello miss. Nice day, isn't it?"

Gearhead: "Y-Y-You t-t-ooo"

Go for it!  The more you engage in conversations with atheists about your religion and beliefs the more you will learn their points of view on the subject (that's a given).  Keep in mind that you will be attempting to convert or speak about your religion to people who have already denied to follow it.  

Maybe you will learn something new about your bible or your religion.  

ehh not for me I tried talking to an atheist just asked him to help me understand his point of view better and I'd granted say my peice but just to guage what he thinks about it and the next thing I know i was told don't ever message him again

Gearhead in real life:

Atheist adult: "Hello miss. Nice day, isn't it?"

Gearhead: "Y-Y-You t-t-ooo"

:thumbdn: That is completely wrong and out of line. You know that she was told not to post here any more, so she can't even defend herself. To make my own opinions clear, you should banned from this thread, not her. She is probably the most devotedly Christion girl on here, and everything she said is what God tells us in the Bible. She's not a gross, stammering, weak little kid as you atheistic, hard-hearted people have called her, but a true follower of the Lord. And if you don't like what either her or I have to say, then tough. I never get involved in debates or arguments on here, as you have all probably noticed, but I feel that I should just tell you what I think. And don't even bother trying to start something with me, because I'm most likely not even going to reply. And if I do, it won't be very nice, because it makes me very angry to see a true Christian teen posting about God, getting picked on and verbally abused by 20-something heathens, and not even able to defend herself. This isn't "20-something Heathen Forums", it's "Christian Teen Forums", in case you hadn't noticed.

Edited by Shasta Daisy