Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T.O.W.R.

So, your friend is a criminal.

Brock Allen is a rapist.

There is no denying it. The judge (no matter how lenient he may have judged the case) ruled so, the eyewitness testimonies say so, even his father said he did in a rather disturbing letter written in his son's defense. (If you haven't read about this case, I recommend you do.)

But, let's say you were friends with Brock. (Or just insert an imaginary friend here.) How would you respond in this case? Can you forgive him? Also, what are you're thoughts on the case as a whole?

My best guy friend is an accused rapist. I believe he didn't do it, there's no proof that he did it, but if proof ever came out definitively that he did it I would drop him faster than a hot potato. There's no excuse.

My best girl friend, on the other hand, is a small-time drug dealer and I don't really have a problem with it. I'm also friends or acquaintances with plenty of people who've had drug charges against them which I suppose technically makes them criminals.

ETA: Why is this a men-specific topic? Women don't befriend criminals?

Edited by Synod

I want two certain members to answer and I think they'll be more likely to do so if it's in the guys section.

It's so hard to tell.

Just being honest . . . I would probably be disgusted with my friend, and tell him how I feel, but also be thankful he wouldn't be spending years in prison.

That probably sounds bad, but it's the truth. But then again, I dunno.

That is a difficult thing to tell

Depends on how well I know the person I guess. If he was a good person that simply got caught up in the wrong crowd, I would be pretty lenient to him. If I knew he felt genuine guilt for the crime, I would be much more supportive of him. But I would still reprimand him for his actions, but not let that fill my opinion of him.

If the person was a honestly bad person, and didn't feel guilty or was even was proud of the crime, I would be much harsher. I would most likely drop him as a friend and would distance myself from him. Often times those kind of people are a bad influence and are better left to themselves.

I have had a few distant relatives that have had trouble with the law, mainly drugs. Most were very good people, and eventually stopped the drugs and other criminal activities. However, there are still one or two out there still doing drugs, going in an out of prison, and living an awful life. I am not sure how I would respond to those. 

Of course they don't! Women are perfect and don't want anything to do with prison scum. :lol:

If my friend raped a girl I would get rid of him. That's completely and utterly disgusting. If they went to prison for a long time, I guess I'd be sad, cause prison sucks, but still... If one of my friends was a criminal but not for rape, it would depend on the severity I guess, i but I think I'm pretty good at staying with the right crowd so if I got very suspicious I'd probably stop communicating.

In Brock Allen's case, I think he deserves much longer. I read the woman's twelve-page letter. If you are interested in this case at all, read the letter. He ruined her life forever. He should be in jail for a long time.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0