Sign in to follow this  
scarlettdelta2386

will I ever be normal?

what is it like to be a normal person I wish I knew,  all I want is to have friends and a social life but I guess I should know that I won't ever be normal or have friends or a social life!

We may be different from the rest
Who decides the test
Of what is really best?

Sorry, :baghead:  I was just listening to that song and it seemed perfect for this situation.

But the song has a point, what is normal? Is normal being like everyone else? But everyone else isn't the same! What if normal is a uniform set of characteristics and personal qualities? But who decides what those qualities are? Does the best person in the world choose those? But who is truly best??? :huh:

I guess you can assume my point, there is no set normality. And why would you want to be normal? Isn't better just to be yourself? Imagine how awful the world would be if everyone was exactly the same, everybody was "normal." If you are interested in sci-fi, then you have probably heard of an alien race called the Borg. They are basically space cyborgs who go around assimilating people and forcing them to be "normal" by their standards. They are terrifying, and shows how awful a life without individuality will be.

Anyway, that was a big rabbit trail, so lets get back on topic. No one is "normal", the need to be "normal" is a lie straight from the mouth of Satan and broadcasted by social media. Be yourself, be who you really are, don't pretend to be someone you ain't.

I have very few friends, and an extremely lacking social life, yet I am happy with it. That is what I am! What I lack in my social skills I make up for in other areas. I am great with my hands, able to fix nearly anything, and likes to build things like cabinets and tables. I am a good student, able to work hard instead of being dragged down by friends that need help or something. If given the chance to be "normal" I would Chuck Norris Round House Kick* the offer away and never look back.

I am great the way I am, unique, and so are you.

We're a couple of misfits
We're a couple of misfits

What's the matter with misfits
That's where we fit in!

* Property of the great god Chuck Norris, may his beard be with us

Edited by PlasmaHam

If your not naturally socially adept your best bet is to find groups where you share a like interest. Maybe try a sports team, or a gaming club. Even a bible study can do the same thing.

I will say this I'm adnormal XD and as Gearhead said embrace it lol I know for a fact me, Gearhead, Delores, Saved 2. Jesusismyticket  would LOVE to talk to ya specially Saved 2. and Jesusismyticket they are so crazy weird and if they read this I mean it with love 

What do you mean by "normal?" In my experience, especially in view of what I've seen on social media, almost everything thinks of themselves as in some way "not normal."

what is it like to be a normal person I wish I knew,  all I want is to have friends and a social life but I guess I should know that I won't ever be normal or have friends or a social life!

Well, if you think that way and talk that way about yourself, it's going to happen.  You're just going to eke out some lonely existence somewhere, upset at how "weird" you are and how "dull" you are how no one likes you and you'll never have any friends. People will pick up on this attitude and avoid you. No one pities people who feel that way. People avoid those people because negativity is catching and people will remove themselves from it.

You want friends? Change your stinky thinking, give being positive a shot and go MEET people.  Say hi to the cashier at the store, kids who seem friendly at school, the guy at the park,  the bus driver, people at church. That's how you make friends, by going out and meeting people. You can online to a degree, but social lives typically involve more than skype calls. 

Why is normal such an envied attribute amongst teens? If you breathe air, eat food, and know your name, I'd say that's ground enough for being classified as "normal".

From what I know Nobody is normal, whose to say what normal is. I hope you do get friends, I'm sure you will :)

If people see you as not normal then youre doing well :smile:weird is one of the best traits ever!!!!! Normal people have no courage and maybe you'll stand out but what would you rather have, a thousand duplicates of the same friend's personality or a hundred interesting colorful people. People don't always see whats different but real friends will. If you always try to strive for normality then you will never realize just how amazing you are. :naughty:  ;)  :thumbup: Im not normal, but what i've found is that the older you get, the more people are drawn to you. Teens and young adults want to fit in, but adults realize how boringly pointless this is and then will try and discover something new bright, only to find that 90% of the population have become robots. Be a weird unique individual. And those jealous brats can keep all their 'sanity'

Weirdos for life!!!!!!!!

Anyone is free to speak to me if they want to? :D  :D  :D  :D

Edited by Dc♡Jesus

dude or dudette I would like to be friends with you if you want of course :thumbsup: I am not very normal either my fam stays up till 5am sometimes most of the time its 2am or 3am We wake up at 8-10am then lunch is at 2pm and we are homeschooled I haven't seen any of my friends for a couple months and I don't get out of my house much LOL I still have fun with it though so I think you might be more normal than I am