eslamyehia

are gospels from god?

do you christians believe that gospels were revealed by god to Luke, john, mark and Matthew or it's these four persons efforts and investigations of collecting the days of Jesus?

Not either/or. I believe they are both entirely the efforts, memories, and investigations of the authors and revelations of God through an interplay of natural, supernatural, and providential means.

Similar reply as before. I believe that while God revealed information to the author through multiple ways, I also believe that the authors added their own observations and experiences inside.

That is why the 4 gospels are not just clones of each other. Each author saw the events and were revealed the events by God but interpreted them in different ways. If you study them, you see their different perspectives.

Luke, being a trained doctor, focused mainly on Jesus' human nature and physical miracles and journeys. John, being the closest disciple to Jesus, talked mainly of his divine nature and prophecies. Matthew was writing his book to primarily the Jews so he added many Old Testament prophecies about the Messiah. Mark wrote to the Romans, and thus explained the geography and customs of Israel, as well as omit most Old Testament material.   

Edited by PlasmaHam

John, being the closest disciple to Jesus, talked mainly of his divine nature and prophecies. Matthew was writing his book to primarily the Jews so he added many Old Testament prophecies about the Messiah.

Don't forget how robustly Jewish John is!

Not either/or. I believe they are both entirely the efforts, memories, and investigations of the authors and revelations of God through an interplay of natural, supernatural, and providential means.

i'm just confused because of what luke said in 1:1 "Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled[a] among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught" 

so i feel it's only his own efforts and god did nothing with it, did i get it wrong? 

KJV 2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

​   ​Luke did all the writing for the book, yes. He did a lot of research and questioning, he was a smart man after all. But that doesn't mean that he did it alone. God helped him, guided him to write about certain events, and revealed things to him.

KJV 2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

​   ​Luke did all the writing for the book, yes. He did a lot of research and questioning, he was a smart man after all. But that doesn't mean that he did it alone. God helped him, guided him to write about certain events, and revealed things to him.

thanks for explaining dear :) , i got it now