kb5462

Justice and Peace

This is a question that has been floating round all my IR friends, with a wide variety of answers:

Does a society need to have justice in order to have peace? 

Justice/peace can be defined as you like - effectively interpret the question as you will. I'm just interested in seeing responses! 

Yes. Justice is essential to peace in my viewpoint. As sad as it is, justice can stop war only in a violent way since no country would say "I'm gonna agree with you" without a fight. Look at Vietnam and the spread of communism. Look at Germany during world war 2. Justice is eventually brought but not without the aftermath of war.

I believe justice is essential for peace. If we have a society without justice there can be no peace because of sin. All of us are prone to temptation and if we sin against someone without justice no one will ever be happy. Justice is very necessary for peace of a society, peace of mind, and peace of heart.

You can have a certain element of peace forced on you because a government is so tyrannical that you don't have a choice. But that doesn't mean that it is a good society and it's not peace of the individual.

I believe justice is vital for peace. When justice exists people will have peace. And when justice works, peace follows

Without justice people will not be at peace. The problem with this fallen world though is many cannot decide what is and is not justice.