Sign in to follow this  
Telesphore

Why is Jesus Mashiach?

Why do Christians believe that Christ is the promised messiah of the Jews? I've been reading more about Messianic Judaism, and am interested by this.

He brought about return from spiritual exile, the return of Yahweh to Zion, the new covenant promised in Ezekiel and Jeremiah, the eschatological outpouring of God's Spirit, recapitulated Israel's history to a better end, and conquered Rome.

He brought about return from spiritual exile, the return of Yahweh to Zion, the new covenant promised in Ezekiel and Jeremiah, the eschatological outpouring of God's Spirit, recapitulated Israel's history to a better end, and conquered Rome.

Hmm, never really thought about Christ conquering Rome, but it makes sense if you think about it.

Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament prophecies regarding the Messiah, came at the time told by Daniel, made numerous true prophecies and managed to consistently stump Jewish scholars despite only being a carpenter's son. I could go into more detail, but I'll like to see some others' opinions first.