Silentflood

About Donald Trump

I hope this topic doesn't get people too heated :)

Okay so what's your opinion on Donald Trump and do you believe he should be president?

Also, what are your concerns if he does become president.

About me:

I don't like him or anything he stands for. My concern is if he becomes president, it'll make other countries target us more than they already do. Ok have fun in the comments :)

I hope this topic doesn't get people too heated :)

Yea, good luck with that.

Neither candidate is good, I'll say that. Trump is too quick with his mouth and gets too big for his britches sometimes. His politics are iffy at times, and is not a very moral man from what I've seen. However, he has been slowly realizing that he needs to do something new, and has gotten slightly better.

However, Clinton is basically just going to be woman Obama, and add to the fact the she is likely guilty in the e-mail case (though I doubt Obama would let that ever get out.) That and simple party relations puts Trump ahead for me. Having a Republican in the White House, despite not being the ideal Republican, is better than a Democrat.

My concern is if he becomes president, it'll make other countries target us more than they already do.

That is where we disagree. Obama has been making America the laughing stock of the world. How many times has he threaten a nation, only to have the nation do it anyway without caring. The Russians have obviously caught on to that, they are constantly ignoring threats involving Crimea, Syria, and now they are buzzing American ships just for the fun of it. Someone needs to step in and make America actually mean something besides empty threats.

I am going to write someone in, because I hate both candidates.

But, if I had to vote for one, Trump scares me far less. He talks a lot. Hilary Clinton I feel is a nightmare.

Yea, good luck with that.

Neither candidate is good, I'll say that. Trump is too quick with his mouth and gets too big for his britches sometimes. His politics are iffy at times, and is not a very moral man from what I've seen. However, he has been slowly realizing that he needs to do something new, and has gotten slightly better.

However, Clinton is basically just going to be woman Obama, and add to the fact the she is likely guilty in the e-mail case (though I doubt Obama would let that ever get out.) That and simple party relations puts Trump ahead for me. Having a Republican in the White House, despite not being the ideal Republican, is better than a Democrat.

That is where we disagree. Obama has been making America the laughing stock of the world. How many times has he threaten a nation, only to have the nation do it anyway without caring. The Russians have obviously caught on to that, they are constantly ignoring threats involving Crimea, Syria, and now they are buzzing American ships just for the fun of it. Someone needs to step in and make America actually mean something besides empty threats.

Considering where we were in '08 (and I think it is often forgotten just how bad things were then), I think Obama has done a fine job despite endless obstructionism from the GOP congress.

I've liked Obama, and am fine with a 'third term', i.e. Hillary.

Edited by curryjacket

Donald Trump is a dangerous goon.

Hilary Clinton is a regular, no-frills politician.

I'm not voting for either (Stein '16!) but I know which I prefer.

Donald Trump is a dangerous goon.

Hilary Clinton is a regular, no-frills politician.

I'm not voting for either (Stein '16!) but I know which I prefer.

A lot of my friends like Stein. She's a little too left wing for me, but I can see the appeal.

Gary Johnson is my only choice.

A lot of my friends like Stein. She's a little too left wing for me, but I can see the appeal.

With Sanders' campaign having burst into flames, she's the best alternative.

CbHodpRXIAAkb2e.jpg

This explains everything.

I am no fan of Trump. I will be doing a write in. I cannot vote for him in good conscience.

I am going to write someone in, because I hate both candidates.

But, if I had to vote for one, Trump scares me far less. He talks a lot. Hilary Clinton I feel is a nightmare.

I don't like Hilary either, though, I want to know why you feel she us a nightmare?

The problem with Hillary is that I don't trust her and she is an abortion barbarian. Oh, and on foreign policy she is altogether and completely one of these without reserve:

hawk-008.jpg

The problems with Trump:

• Untrustworthy, but more fearless and shameless in his outright lying
  • Unreliable on abortion
  • Unreliable on most other issues
  • Demagogue
  • Uses racist sentiments as a political tool
  • All about that fear-mongering
  • Egomaniacal 
  • Completely unqualified for the highest political office in the land
  • Knows nothing about most policy issues
  • Promotes stupid extremist positions to rally support from the frustrated
  • Takes advantage of disillusioned white working class people by tricking them into thinking he cares about their problems
  • Probably an actual misogynist, a term I use with great reserve
  • Moral compass always points toward Donald Trump
  • Thinks unpredictability is a good quality to have in delicate international relations
  • Bad hair

The problems with Gary Johnson is that he's pro-choice and stinks at being a Libertarian.

Thus I'm writing in Russell Moore, or if I feel the need to vote for someone who is actually running I'll probably just throw in Scott Smith for the fun of it.

I don't like Hilary either, though, I want to know why you feel she us a nightmare?

I can barely afford college as a white female but let us give free educational aid to illegal aliens who are not citizens.

Let us rally around small minority groups like Black Lives Matter, who protest police and honestly half the things I've heard them protest was...deserved by the officer? Very few cases actually sounded like police brutality. It sounded like an officer doing his job.

She could possibly be going to prison, most people would be, but yah know she is Hilary Clinton.

Let's jump and join the bandwagon of the people who are dividing America.

that's why she is a nightmare.

I can barely afford college as a white female but let us give free educational aid to illegal aliens who are not citizens.

Let us rally around small minority groups like Black Lives Matter, who protest police and honestly half the things I've heard them protest was...deserved by the officer? Very few cases actually sounded like police brutality. It sounded like an officer doing his job.

She could possibly be going to prison, most people would be, but yah know she is Hilary Clinton.

that's why she is a nightmare.

You should buy a Hillary for prison shirt :P

(InfoWars sells them)

Eh, all this is secondary to being an abortion barbarian and super-hawk.

I'm curious, Nicene Nerd, what makes one an 'abortion barbarian'? I know you're a bit of a pro-life extremist from what I've seen, but barbarian seems harsh even for you.

I'm curious, Nicene Nerd, what makes one an 'abortion barbarian'? I know you're a bit of a pro-life extremist from what I've seen, but barbarian seems harsh even for you.

As I understand she supports even partial birth abortions, in which case I might actually need to take it back so as to not insult barbarians. And honestly, anyone who supports abortions past the point when the child could quite easily be delivered healthy probably deserves the label.

The problem with Hillary is that I don't trust her and she is an abortion barbarian. Oh, and on foreign policy she is altogether and completely one of these without reserve:

The problems with Trump:

• Untrustworthy, but more fearless and shameless in his outright lying
  • Unreliable on abortion
  • Unreliable on most other issues
  • Demagogue
  • Uses racist sentiments as a political tool
  • All about that fear-mongering
  • Egomaniacal 
  • Completely unqualified for the highest political office in the land
  • Knows nothing about most policy issues
  • Promotes stupid extremist positions to rally support from the frustrated
  • Takes advantage of disillusioned white working class people by tricking them into thinking he cares about their problems
  • Probably an actual misogynist, a term I use with great reserve
  • Moral compass always points toward Donald Trump
  • Thinks unpredictability is a good quality to have in delicate international relations
  • Bad hair

I pretty much agree with everything said here.  I dislike Hilary for her actual politics, I dislike Trump because of all the reasons above. 

That said, I don't understand why people are "scared" of Trump. I don't even understand being scared of Hilary, or Obama even.

Presidents don't "frighten" me. I'm not worried about Trump getting his hands on missile launch codes. Heck, those codes are stored on floppy disks for goodness sakes. While he may be commander and chief, I have faith in everyone else involved in presidental decision making to influence / correct course as needed. The same kind of faith I've had in the people surrounding president Obama and his no-doubt poor decision making skills. 

The same applies to all other facets of Trumps presidential attributes such as immigration. I highly doubt we'll see any sort of wall go up in the near future, I'm completely certain Mexico will never pay for it, IF any sort of wall construction were to begin, Trump would undoubtedly find some source of finance he can tie to Mexican government, but it most certainly won't be them cutting a check. 

So yeah, I don't fear Trump's policies, because just as Obama was blocked from doing certain things, so Trump would also be blocked. I'm not saying its a good use of anyone's time, but I am saying that there's very little chance of a Trump presidency actually leading to WWIII. People arguing that are just as fear-mongering as Trump is himself. 

Please don't mistake this as support for Trump, it's not. I too will likely do a write in candidate. But let's all be a bit more realistic about the checks and balances our government has in place to prevent a president from going bat-crap-crazy. 

Edited by Pointer

"Apart from these physiological complications there is no way of judging the psychological effects of abortions – particularly when in most cases it is prompted, not because the child is unwanted (as we are told) but because the family feels it cannot afford the child, because of the rotten conditions they are struggling to live under. The liberals cry out about the “back street” abortionists – the butchers, but as a result of their campaigns, legal abortion has become legalized butchery!" — Abortion, Population Control, Genocide, Canadian Party of Labour

I pretty much agree with everything said here.  I dislike Hilary for her actual politics, I dislike Trump because of all the reasons above. 

That said, I don't understand why people are "scared" of Trump. I don't even understand being scared of Hilary, or Obama even.

Presidents don't "frighten" me. I'm not worried about Trump getting his hands on missile launch codes. Heck, those codes are stored on floppy disks for goodness sakes. While he may be commander and chief, I have faith in everyone else involved in presidental decision making to influence / correct course as needed. The same kind of faith I've had in the people surrounding president Obama and his no-doubt poor decision making skills. 

The same applies to all other facets of Trumps presidential attributes such as immigration. I highly doubt we'll see any sort of wall go up in the near future, I'm completely certain Mexico will never pay for it, IF any sort of wall construction were to begin, Trump would undoubtedly find some source of finance he can tie to Mexican government, but it most certainly won't be them cutting a check. 

So yeah, I don't fear Trump's policies, because just as Obama was blocked from doing certain things, so Trump would also be blocked. I'm not saying its a good use of anyone's time, but I am saying that there's very little chance of a Trump presidency actually leading to WWIII. People arguing that are just as fear-mongering as Trump is himself. 

Yea, that's my views on a Trump presidency. His advisers, staff, and Congress are going to keep him from going too egotistical. Clinton, however, is a politician and will undoubtedly get her agenda through. 

People just need to sit back and realize that there is no way most of Trump's claims will actually come to be. Trump from what I've seen can be influenced pretty easily. If he surrounds himself with good party Republicans, then he could potentially become a good president. Note that I am not saying great president, but he could be okay.