Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

scarlettdelta2386

Is anyone here Bisexual

bisexual dating   19 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be illegal to date someone of the same gender

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
48 posts in this topic

this might shove you guys away from me.  Forgive me if I creep you out, but I like guys but also I like girls.  I need some help with straightening myself out,  literally.   could you please guide me?

As long as you don't try to ship me with my female friends, we're cool.
That is a trend and I do not like it.  >_< Blehhh.

If you want to "straighten" yourself out, uhh...  fake it til you make it?  I don't know.

I recall being a teenager. Hormones make you want to hump everything. I'd wait a bit before labeling myself if I were you.  Like, if you're in your 20's and still feel the same way, sure.
I went  from exclusively attracted to women( 5-ish, not that I "came out", or ever acted upon it) to attracted to both(17), to attracted to men(20) and now I'm floating in the "asexuality and cuddles" camp at 25. I'm starting to think attraction is fluid. In my experience, it has been.

Also, the only dating that's illegal is a minor and an adult. That is a sex crime.

Edited by Boogles

Thanks for the advice.  I wasn't gonna "ship you towards your female friends" Boogles so don't worry.  however I'm grateful that you all understand.  :D  Talk to you soon.

yea well I'm gonna uphold what i believe if it means I'm odd man out so be it

Great for you! Its good to see a man uphold his values.

yea well I'm gonna uphold what i believe if it means I'm odd man out so be it

... you voted that it should be illegal for someone to date someone else of their own gender because it would offend your personal values. Odd man out is casting it in a bit of a righteous underdog tone. Try again. 

well i guess we have our different opinions  i don't see why ya'll gonna bash me for mine shesh

It's not bashing. It's someone sitting next to you in the virtual web listening to you be kind of mean to someone who hasn't had the chance to defend themselves and saying "ey, that's not cool." 

I feel like having the government involved in an informal, no-legal-impact, relationship (because the poll says relationship, not marriage, not civil union) between two presumed consenting adults is just way way wayyyyyy too much government intervention for me. 

To the OP, for many years I've refereed to myself as "bisexual in preference, heterosexual in practice" meaning, while was attracted to girls and guys about equally, I generally carried on as if I was straight. It sounds like you're attraction to women bothers you and, if that is the case, my advice is this: Just let it be. 

And that doesn't mean act on it necessarily but  you need to realize that, with homosexuality, the sin (if it is one) is not in the inclination (the attraction) but in the action. Fighting the inclination too much is just going to leave you frustrated and feeling worthless. Maybe some people can "pray it away" maybe some people grow out of it but you know what? Maybe some people don't. Still, if you do think it is a sin (and again, your gonna have to do your own research on that) you need to avoid the action of sin. But I ask yourself to think carefully about what is helpful. Is beating yourself up over your attractions helpful? I'd argue generally no. Its a lot like if I said "don't think about zebras." What are you thinking about? Zebras! Same with this. 

If you feel yourself having feelings for a girl, acknowledge it, don't beat yourself up, and let it go. The fact of the matter is we can't pursue all reltionships. Maybe they're perfect but they live across the country, or are already in a relationship, or maybe they just happen to be the same sex as you and you consider that a no-no. It's ok. You are not dirty, you are not disgusting, you are not broken for having an attraction to girls. Make your choice about whether or not you think a relationship with a girl is acceptable to you and go from there. 

I honestly don't get why this poll is even with this thread?

My view is similar's to Marley's on the subject. While I believe homosexuality to be wrong, outright banning two people of the same gender to date does not bold well with American liberties, and is way too totalitarian for my tastes.

Edited by PlasmaHam

Well see Jacob, that's why people were getting onto you about your answer to the poll. 

I mean, people on CTF have different views on whether same-sex marriages should be legal but having the government involved in more casual relationships? Ehhh that makes just about anyone uncomfortable. Freedom is generally thought of as a good thing, after all. 

The question of the poll was not about just condoning or not condoning homosexuality. Wording and such. 

Edited by Marley

i don't see how dating is casual but whatever if ya'll wanna get so uptight about what I think whatever and look if it is casual then you should know that sure is a causal response  look i don't care if its banned or not but if i had to go one way or the other thats my choice 

Edited by Jacob Marcotte

I think you're reading my use of the word "casual" as not taking dating relationships seriously. That's not what I mean. 

I don't mean casual in the sense of "dating casually." I mean casual in the sense that there usually isn't any state or government involvement if I wanna go to the movies with my high school sweetheart. Dating is an informal contract between two people not in the sense that it's unimportant. It's like the difference between playing baseball in your backyard with friends and in an officially regulated game. Sure we *could* mandate that the backyard game be regulated, but is it really worth having an outside agency come in and tell us how to run things? Eh. 

As for your view, you can think what you want. I apologize if I came off as accusatory, I was just reading your replies and thinking you might not understand where people were coming from.