Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

scarlettdelta2386

Is anyone here Bisexual

bisexual dating   22 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be illegal to date someone of the same gender

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
48 posts in this topic

so literally people are getting on me for nothing as I just answered the question not all this other crap

I feel like having the government involved in an informal, no-legal-impact, relationship (because the poll says relationship, not marriage, not civil union) between two presumed consenting adults is just way way wayyyyyy too much government intervention for me. 

To the OP, for many years I've refereed to myself as "bisexual in preference, heterosexual in practice" meaning, while was attracted to girls and guys about equally, I generally carried on as if I was straight. It sounds like you're attraction to women bothers you and, if that is the case, my advice is this: Just let it be. 

And that doesn't mean act on it necessarily but  you need to realize that, with homosexuality, the sin (if it is one) is not in the inclination (the attraction) but in the action. Fighting the inclination too much is just going to leave you frustrated and feeling worthless. Maybe some people can "pray it away" maybe some people grow out of it but you know what? Maybe some people don't. Still, if you do think it is a sin (and again, your gonna have to do your own research on that) you need to avoid the action of sin. But I ask yourself to think carefully about what is helpful. Is beating yourself up over your attractions helpful? I'd argue generally no. Its a lot like if I said "don't think about zebras." What are you thinking about? Zebras! Same with this. 

If you feel yourself having feelings for a girl, acknowledge it, don't beat yourself up, and let it go. The fact of the matter is we can't pursue all reltionships. Maybe they're perfect but they live across the country, or are already in a relationship, or maybe they just happen to be the same sex as you and you consider that a no-no. It's ok. You are not dirty, you are not disgusting, you are not broken for having an attraction to girls. Make your choice about whether or not you think a relationship with a girl is acceptable to you and go from there. 

Bolded text is very well put imo. Nice.

Jacob, it's just... *sigh* 

You're growing everyday- from every resource you learn something from every encounter whether you retain it or not. 

You can expect to submit your opinion but you can't expect not to be called out on it if it's something that directly refuses the rights of someone else. 

So, if you can't understand that then don't worry about it right now.

Edited by JKAY

oh please I understand people will disagree I ain't stupid and as I clearly stated that is the way i feel if I had to choose but personally I don't care what you do one way or another so people calling me stupid because of my opinion well how'd they feel if I called them stupid?

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)   

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)n 

(≖︿≖✿)

never mind. 

what i thought

and seriously freedom is a shady line as it is such as stealing ya know if i was free then I could steal and get away with it but we both know that ain't ever gonna happen so

Edited by Jacob Marcotte

what i thought

and seriously freedom is a shady line as it is such as stealing ya know if i was free then I could steal and get away with it but we both know that ain't ever gonna happen so

(╯◕_◕)╯

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) 

(ʘ∇ʘ)ク 彡 ┻━┻

I think goodbye. 

figures i call people on the bull and they just leave never giving me a straight honest answer

What's your question specifically again? 

figures i call people on the bull and they just leave never giving me a straight honest answer

Lol, I'm dropping away from the conversation because you're absolute nonsense in the least fun way. 

And here I shall come to see the person who claims to be non-judgmental being quite judgmental. I see a lot of judgment happening right now find your logs of your own eye friends.

Now in general, let me put it this way. Jacob, would you feel totally happy if someone said YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO ON A DATE WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND because, since you're discussing random things I will choose something random, she has red hair. Red heads can only date red heads since they are a dying race, but you two are DEEPLY in love with each other! But you cannot date or get married because she is a red head and you are not!

It's not really free or fair now, is it? That is the point we're all trying to make. Generally, the point you made is something that bothers more than yourself. If me and a girl go on a date tonight, lemme get the pie chart.

Red is percentage it affects YOU

Blue is percentage it affects ME

guess what, the whole chart is BLUE.

NOW if you steal something from someone, the pie chart is going to vary. Even if you stole a penny, you gained and someone else lost. If you stole all their furniture lemme tell you that is gonna be really messed up because you gained everything and they lose everything. See how this affects MORE THAN JUST YOU? That is why that is different.

I hope I have consulted all the views here.

And here I shall come to see the person who claims to be non-judgmental being quite judgmental. I see a lot of judgment happening right now find your logs of your own eye friends.

Now in general, let me put it this way. Jacob, would you feel totally happy if someone said YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO ON A DATE WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND because, since you're discussing random things I will choose something random, she has red hair. Red heads can only date red heads since they are a dying race, but you two are DEEPLY in love with each other! But you cannot date or get married because she is a red head and you are not!

It's not really free or fair now, is it? That is the point we're all trying to make. Generally, the point you made is something that bothers more than yourself. If me and a girl go on a date tonight, lemme get the pie chart.

Red is percentage it affects YOU

Blue is percentage it affects ME

guess what, the whole chart is BLUE.

NOW if you steal something from someone, the pie chart is going to vary. Even if you stole a penny, you gained and someone else lost. If you stole all their furniture lemme tell you that is gonna be really messed up because you gained everything and they lose everything. See how this affects MORE THAN JUST YOU? That is why that is different.

I hope I have consulted all the views here.

first I'll address this as I said i don't honestly give a [mod edit] about what you do but my vote is what if having to vote would be my choice

Lol, I'm dropping away from the conversation because you're absolute nonsense in the least fun way.

how so? i'm still making a point ain't I?

What's your question specifically again?

My question is why people still want to get on my butt about a vote and get so uptight that I disagree and when i first participated in said vote so i can fully participate and then (for Jesusismyticket) I asked WITHOUT being judgmental what would she define as help.

My question is why people still want to get on my butt about a vote and get so uptight that I disagree and when i first participated in said vote so i can fully participate and then (for Jesusismyticket) I asked WITHOUT being judgmental what would she define as help

Ah. Well, in that case, you should probably know that it's unlikely the OP will return to this thread. A lot of times when folks make a CTF account for the sole purpose of asking a question, their gone as soon as they get an answer or two.... I mean they *could* but likely this has post has gone from helping the OP with their issue to discussing view on homosexuality as well as whether or not the goverment should have the right to ban same-sex relationships including non-legally binding relationships. 

I won't speak to everyone else in this thread, but again, I'm sorry if my posts made you feel uncomfortable. From where I'm standing you seem confused so I was trying to make my points clearer. 

Right now though, since I'm realizing this is in the Middle School section, I think I'll be signign out. Ciao. 

first I'll address this as I said i don't honestly give a [mod edit] about what you do but my vote is what if having to vote would be my choice

My question is why people still want to get on my butt about a vote and get so uptight that I disagree and when i first participated in said vote so i can fully participate and then (for Jesusismyticket) I asked WITHOUT being judgmental what would she define as help.

A point to whom, about what? Certainly not coherently to me. What you said originally was indeed within the protocol of the poll and the only reason anyone continued the conversation is because you got upset and we wanted to share our opinions. Take a chill pill kid. 

Is this really in the middle school thread? Indeed it is upon further inspection... I usually go straight to the New Content tab and that's probably not a good way to post relevantly. 

When I referred to judgment I referred to both you and Jkay's responses, I included more than one person in my comment, though I do think you generally spoke judgmentally which is why again I called it when you tell me yourself you are non-judgmental. I have a good feeling considering you don't speak to me you are being judgmental of me again, but that is your choice, not my own.

Nonetheless I simply attempted to help you see why it would be difficult to simply go "because I don't like gays they cannot date those they want to." That in itself is judgmental. The truth is legal or illegal people will be people, why jurisdict far more than needed? We got here because the supreme court chose to push into business they should not have been in whatsoever. However, you're American so we now accept gay marriage is legal and allowed and really, who cares? It truly only affects those who choose to get gay married. You aren't doing it so. It isn't your business really. You do have the right to feel that way though. No one says you cannot. But my free speech says I also have the right to disagree and tell you I disagree. Your free speech says you can make that vote. To each their own I suppose.

judg·men·tal
ˌjəjˈmen(t)l/
adjective
adjective: judgemental
  1. of or concerning the use of judgment.
    "judgmental errors"
    • having or displaying an excessively critical point of view.

by that definition I'm not judgmental as I said if I really had to vote I'd vote against but again as I said don't care what you think or do 

and trust me i didn't get upset just wondering why people were calling my view stupid and my point about freedom yea I admit it was a bit of a low blow and certainly not the strongest of arguments but I think it is a valid point but hey whatever 

Easy Jacob take it easy.   I understand how you feel. I haven't really expressed my choices to anybody yet so I'm new at this telling people that your Bi kinda thing, lol

We are free to choose but not free from the consequences. That is freedom. You could steal, your choice, your right, but then the person who you stole from has the right to take you to court. Every action has a reaction

what i thought

So I read some of this stuff before posting, but, here are my thoughts, and what I voted.

Absolutely not, it should NOT be illegal for someone to exercise their human rights. We have a freedom of sexuality here in America, taking that way, would be a fascist thing to do. If you want a fascist country, go make a big flashy fascist flag, wave it around, make a rally and change the system, simple as that, as long as you don't get shot dead or tazed before you reach the white house doors. Anyways, but, suppose you are a bisexual.

A bisexual religiously is immoral, as it is part homosexuality, because you have to be both homosexual and straight, for it to be 'bi-sexual', to clarify, you need to have homosexual feelings and straight feelings to call yourself a bisexual. The homosexual part is a sin, as stated in the Bible, and is condemned by all Christian faiths, as far as I am aware. Are you gonna go die and go to hell because you didn't have sex with the right person? No. You have a higher chance, if you aren't willing to change for Jesus Christ.

You can never change yourself, that's something that happens gradually, same with alcohol and drugs, you can't just stop. A gradual decline of someone's beliefs is far more likely than an instant flash of denial. If you want to change, do it gradually, start refraining yourself, and applying yourself to enjoy a particular gender more by giving it more attention. If you wanna be straight, just pay attention to males, and give them your attraction and attention, as far as dating goes at least. If you hang out with girls, and want to change, make a conscious effort to stop feeling attracted, it's going to be nearly impossible but maybe you'll find a way to break out. My feelings, if you want the cold dead hard truth...

Our ancestors weren't bisexual. If a man was caught laying next to a man, they would be executed, and same with females lying with females. It wasn't because they were barbaric, but it was because they took God and his words very, VERY, seriously, and were very extreme. If it was my choice, I wouldn't kill anyone who isn't straight, I'd make it a gradual change in the political spectrum, and start changing the minds of our households to believe that being bisexual is a sin, and that it must be nipped in the bud. One day after many years or decades, I'd eventually, with public support, try to pass a law to ban homosexuality, and thus, homosexuality, but this would have to be done AFTER Christianity was the state religion and had public support. But, I'm not the president of the united states, don't plan on it, and way I see it such support would never arise, and change will never occur.

Another thing, find hope in the Bible, God sympathizes with all of us, I am sure, and the way I see it, if you look upon a woman lustfully(as a straight man), you already committed adultery with her in your heart(like looking at her particular figure and admiring her lustfully). As a bisexual, by refraining from being lustful and adulterous of your same gender, you can avoid being sinful in that regard, without forcibly changing your entire mind to no longer accept your natural attractions. You may not be able to stop being attracted, but you can stop yourself from being lustful, and you can stop yourself from acting upon your desires.

Now, please, take this all with a grain of salt. Just because I mentioned fascism doesn't make me a fascist, and just because I said something about state religion and national support, doesn't mean I have intent to do go out and do so, it was an example of what I would do, if I wanted to, and could do so. And, I say things with colorful language, so don't take it all to heart or get offended. Do and act the way you feel is righteous.