Sign in to follow this  
Jesusismyticket

The Beautiful Purpose Movement

So you guys probably know by now I tend to be pretty altruistic, and how seeing all the violence actually upsets me and generally I want to see LOVE in the world.

Hence, I decided to start a movement. And I want everyone's help.

http://beautifulpurposemovement.weebly.com/is the official page. Sarah (Saved.2) is assisting me in this movement.

this is from the OUR STORY page

This year, already, has been terrible when it comes to violence. Many will debate how we got to this point. Was it media? The violent video games? The gun itself?
No.
It started with humans. All these things, possibly, are aids to the problem, but we cannot cure the problem until we cure the root cause.
Hate.
We are living in a world of hatred. People tend to think of themselves first and everyone second. the "my way or the high way" mentality. People turning to violence to make a point. Where does it ever end?
With LOVE.
We need to re-establish love all over the world. Hatred removed. Even if you dislike someone, show them RESPECT, and KINDNESS. We are to LOVE not to HATE.
I've decided to start a new movement, because it takes one person sometimes to move an entire nation.
I am calling it the Beautiful Purpose Movement.
It doesn't discriminate. If you are Christian, you can join. If you are an atheist, you can join. If you are black, you can join. If you are gay, you can join. There is no reason these lives cannot matter. All lives matter, and this movement is meant to show that. Show it with PEACE.

Our purpose will be to instill love into a society struggling with it. We will show care to all people, resist saying hurtful words to another person to their face or behind their backs. Hurtful words only make us hateful and as low as the people who cause the pain. The ideal is to show these people that they do not need to hurt anyone.
We will, rather than discussing what horrendous things happen and how "awful" people are, discuss good things. We will have kind acts, and show appreciation for the people who are not seen in the paper. I'd love for people to submit things to me.

This is our official pledge.
"I *insert name* vow from this day forward to love with all my heart. No matter how much a person hurts me, it will not make me any bigger to hurt someone back. The only way to create peace is to bring peace. With my life, I vow to not intentionally make a person feel lesser than another. Every single human has a beautiful purpose from God. I vow to help them on their path, not take them away from it."

If you do not believe in God per say, you can omit the "from God" or perhaps change it to the faith you believe. Please just remember the main purpose of the pledge is to spread LOVE and not HATE into the world.

If you choose to be involved and take the pledge, thank you so much!

I want you guys to possibly join the team, share with friends, even if you don't officially join I'd love for you to take the pledge in your own life and try to do the best you can. Even submit some amazing stories and people within your community to put on the pages.

Thank you so much if you choose to help out. I want this movement to mean something. <3

Edited by Jesusismyticket

You just made the most logical and sensible statement regarding the state of the world. As a Christian, I already hold many of the values you talk of, and our world truly needs more of those values. As such, I am in total support of your cause and will gladly be of any help that I can be. 

"I PlasmaHam vow from this day forward to love with all my heart. No matter how much a person hurts me, it will not make me any bigger to hurt someone back. The only way to create peace is to bring peace. With my life, I vow to not make any person feel less than anyone else for any reason. Every single human has a beautiful purpose from God. I vow to help them on their path, not take them away from it."

Beautiful little pledge, you really know how to write

If you want to contact me, PM me via this site and we can go from there.

With my life, I vow to not make any person feel less than anyone else for any reason.

Isn't this a pretty dangerous statement? I mean, that would seem to preclude saying anything which might offend anyone, even if justified. I mean, taken strictly, you couldn't ever scold your children, or offer necessary criticism to a subordinate as a training manager, or correct your students' grammar, or preach a Gospel which includes the sinfulness of men, or speak out against anyone for doing anything wrong.

Isn't this a pretty dangerous statement? I mean, that would seem to preclude saying anything which might offend anyone, even if justified. I mean, taken strictly, you couldn't ever scold your children, or offer necessary criticism to a subordinate as a training manager, or correct your students' grammar, or preach a Gospel which includes the sinfulness of men, or speak out against anyone for doing anything wrong.

My interpretation of that sentence is that we do not offend the person for being the person. We do not make a person feel less than others because we have a disagreement. However, justifiable offense (punishment or critiquing) is not because we want to make the person feel less, but because we want to make them better. If the person sees that as offensive, that is not our fault. We did those actions with good intentions, they just interpreted them negatively. If someone is doing something wrong, we can speak out against those actions, but not against the person itself. I am totally against gay marriage, and will call the action morally redundant, but I will not insult the person. Basically you act like you are in a formal debate; you debate your opponent's position, not the opponent.

You are correct that a literal interpretation has flaws. My interpretation relies heavily on Christian principles of universal love but also of morality. I do agree that someone without a Christian background would see the phrase as dangerous. 

Edited by PlasmaHam

My interpretation of that sentence is that we do not offend the person for being the person. We do not make a person feel less than others because we have a disagreement. However, justifiable offense (punishment or critiquing) is not because we want to make the person feel less, but because we want to make them better. If the person sees that as offensive, that is not our fault. We did those actions with good intentions, they just interpreted them negatively. If someone is doing something wrong, we can speak out against those actions, but not against the person itself. I am totally against gay marriage, and will call the action morally redundant, but I will not insult the person. Basically you act like you are in a formal debate; you debate your opponent's position, not the opponent.

You are correct that a literal interpretation has flaws. My interpretation relies heavily on Christian principles of universal love but also of morality. I do agree that someone without a Christian background would see the phrase as dangerous. 

Plasma's interpretation is what I intended for it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism. There is something wrong with criticizing someone without proper reasoning or bullying.

In that case I might propose amending the wording to focus on our right intent rather than the other person's possible subjective emotional response. As written it sounds very much like a commitment to go out of your way to never hurt anyone's feelings for any reason.

In that case I might propose amending the wording to focus on our right intent rather than the other person's possible subjective emotional response. As written it sounds very much like a commitment to go out of your way to never hurt anyone's feelings for any reason.

thank you for the suggestion Caleb. I will see about doing that. :)

I have edited the pledge

"I *insert name* vow from this day forward to love with all my heart. No matter how much a person hurts me, it will not make me any bigger to hurt someone back. The only way to create peace is to bring peace. With my life, I vow to not intentionally make a person feel lesser than another. Every single human has a beautiful purpose from God. I vow to help them on their path, not take them away from it."