Sign in to follow this  
Bladesinger

Breastfeeding in public

What do you guys think about mothers nursing their children in public? Is it acceptable? I think that it should be fine. It's how babies are fed, and I don't think mothers should have to go hide in a bathroom to feed their kid. The Bible tells us to be modest, but it also positively references nursing many times.

Breastfeeding feeding in public is fine. There is literally nothing wrong with it.

^ Yep. I think it's fine. That's what they're (the breasts) there for, after all, it's us who have to sexualize them. 

Breastfeeding is kinda what breasts are for, so I think its fine. If you have a problem with it, just look away. 

Breastfeeding is fine, but bear in mind that not many people are down with you just whipping a boob out in front of everyone. Light blanket over baby's head for privacy, and it's all good. I'm not the biggest fan of the "free nipples" group. Kinda weirds me out, to be honest.:

Also, not sure why this is even on a forum for teenagers. Aren't ya'll too busy snapchatting or catching pokemon to even think about this stuff? 

:P

Edited by Boogles

Well, to be fair a lot of the users on here aren't actually teenagers. And I was just wondering what you guys thought cause I've been seeing stuff about it on facebook, and I was wondering how a Christian would look at it so I read some stuff about it online that referenced the bible.

And yeah, I caught a lot of pokemon today! haha

Edited by Bladesinger

I think it's fine....but I think it should be covered with a blanket or something, not just out in the open. That's kind of weird that way, but a blanket or something like that should be cool.

I think as long as you make an effort to cover the area decently you're fine. I've seen people publicly breastfeed before, ti wasn't that disturbing. XD

BECKY I AM A TEEN STILL WHO ISN'T CATCHING POKEMON HA! XD and I hate snapchat.

Breastfeed wherever is necessary, whenever is necessary.

Boobs are for feeding babies, so it shouldn't perturb us to see them used as such. Women shouldn't have to cover up to do it, and anyone uncomfortable has the ability to just look away

So I feel I should further specify my post. I think breastfeeding in public is fine and that INCLUDES breastfeeding without covering the babies head. Sometimes mama may not have a cover. Sometimes it may not be convenient. And at the end of the day it's like chillax gaiz, their just boobs, doing what their intended to do. Plus it can be argued that baby gets useful social interaction and feedback from being able to see moms face while breastfeeding. Seems like a shame to throw that away just because it makes someone feel squicky.

So I feel I should further specify my post. I think breastfeeding in public is fine and that INCLUDES breastfeeding without covering the babies head. Sometimes mama may not have a cover. Sometimes it may not be convenient. And at the end of the day it's like chillax gaiz, their just boobs, doing what their intended to do. Plus it can be argued that baby gets useful social interaction and feedback from being able to see moms face while breastfeeding. Seems like a shame to throw that away just because it makes someone feel squicky.

^^^^^^^^

Boobs are for feeding babies, so it shouldn't perturb us to see them used as such

I feel like this is sort of similar to the "farting is natural" argument. I mean, yes, and sometimes you have to do it in public to avoid significant discomfort. Usually, though, you have the option to do it in private, which is nicer for everyone.

I don't believe in shaming women who breastfeed in public, but I don't think it's immature or perverse to think public breastfeeding is icky, either. Some human functions are gross.

I feel like this is sort of similar to the "farting is natural" argument. I mean, yes, and sometimes you have to do it in public to avoid significant discomfort. Usually, though, you have the option to do it in private, which is nicer for everyone.

I don't believe in shaming women who breastfeed in public, but I don't think it's immature or perverse to think public breastfeeding is icky, either. Some human functions are gross.

I love this answer. xD but truly, it's honest. I wouldn't shame someone for it but I may feel uncomfortable if I saw a raw breast from it. XD

Some human functions are gross.

So if the idea of seeing a nipple is that gross, just look away.

It really is that simple.

Breastfeeding in public is fine. However, try to cover up in the name of common decency to others.

So if the idea of seeing a nipple is that gross, just look away.

It really is that simple.

This is like telling someone to "just ignore" the harmless spider that's freaking them out. Disgust is a schematic reaction: once the disgusting association is activated, the visceral reaction remains for a time regardless of whether sensory contact is maintained.

It's not reasonable to stop women from breastfeeding because of other people's hangups, of course, but it doesn't do to play make believe about what a hangup is like.

Edited by Chris-M

*shrugs* Meh. If a babe's suckling at a stranger's bare breast while I pass by revulsion is not a thing i'd feel. These things happen. 

I am not a teen, I live on my own, I play pokego! It's a thing. It's fun. 

(I caught the lowest CP pikachu at olive garden two days ago. Broke my will. )