Ella95

Why are people saying this?

Hi,

Recently, I've just begun re-reading the Book of Revelation since, I stopped being afraid of it. LOL. I have also, been on youtube and reading articles about the anti-christ since this world is going crazy. I came across a tweet that said,

"God is Lucifer, and Jesus is Satan." 

I thought that doesn't make any sense and I went online further to investigate because it seemed like a lie from Satan hisself. He's so easy at deceiving people it's not even funny.

Do any of you know how that insane theory came about?

Also, I have been reading a lot of controversial stuff about what the Pope has said, and it seems to me that he isn't really "holy" as I thought he was and I was all for him. I also, was thinking that the Catholic Church-religion is corrupted as well. For example, two of my friends were Catholic. Well, one was Catholic and she just became a Christian and the other is still a Catholic. Friend 1 who is still a Catholic told me that she still doesn't understand what her priests is saying as to getting the message across so she just sits there and listen. I told her well, "Maybe you should go to a Baptist church or any other Christian churches to help" and she respectfully declined. Friend 2, Said, that she didn't understand her Priests either. We were talking about how short her Mass was.  I been to a Mass when I was 8 years old because these Catholic people had invited my mom to a dinner afterwards, and I couldn't understand a thing! It was the shortest sermon, I have ever been too!

But anyways, back to friend 2. She said, she thought that something just didn't seem right with her when she would go and she would still have a lot of questions afterwards. It was as if she was just confused every time she went. 

Do you guys think that the Catholic religion is corrupted or just confusing?

My cousin is a Christian, but I honestly think he's either confused or questioning his faith because of the conversation that me, my mom together with him. He said, that he thought that the Catholic teachings were better, but I doubt that he knows a lot about it and he also, said that he doesn't believe that God will send everybody to hell who doesn't believe in him. 

I think that God is Justified in what he do even if he doesn't seem right to us. But it's not up to us, it's up to him.

Another question,

Do you think that the end times are near?

My preacher was talking about this as well. I was also, wondering about the Seven seals/horses. 

Do you guys have any good movies/documentaries on Revelation? 

Thanks, Sorry this was so long. I'm just curious. I mean, no harm to people who are Catholic :)

Any advice or stories you are welcomed to share! 

Hey erm, Catholic here to tell you I think today the Catholic church is not teaching the catechism as well...plus with modern times naturally people don't WANT to learn of a view that isn't in "style" today. I do not think the Church is perfect but certainly just because two people are confused does not mean the entire church is problematic. If you are interested I can help you out a bit, I have the "clearer" Catechism which is the Baltimore Catechism. While it has some traditional things that don't entirely apply for America anymore, it teaches everything with biblical backing so it may be LESS confusing. I think the bigger problem is an actual lessening of faithful willing to teach it. I know just at my church, there is only one religion teacher for every grade because no one else will give their time. It is growing harder to find people willing to express their faith very openly, openly enough to teach it to someone else.

I hope that clears up a bit of that.

I personally feel the end times may be coming closer with the rising evil that has been occurring, but that could just be my inner feelings.

Also I think the theory above may have A: come from the idea that religion divides people, so some modern people prefer a faithless world or B: How some people feel God allows evil to happen, or even causes it, so He is God and Satan. I have not heard that before so, I am not sure I'd take it too seriously.

The Catholic Church is, in my opinion, one of the purest expressions of the Christian faith; steadfastly guarding Yeshua's commandments to "do this in remembrance of me" and to baptise the believer.

I personally think that the Catholic church is not that pure, but it certainly isn't evil. I do respect the Catholic Church for its stance in controversial issues, and it is a powerful force for good. But, it has some big errors, which include the communion and baptism Synod talked of. I am a Baptist, as I see it as the closest to the New Testament churches.

I've never been to a Catholic service, ain't that many of the them around, so I don't know about your friend's predicament. But I have studied Catholic doctrine, and I do find it corrupted. I'm not saying Catholics are not Christians, don't get me wrong, but I feel that they have erred from Bible teachings.

I do feel like Jesus would be coming back soon, but then again, even Paul thought Jesus was coming back in his time.

Recently, I've just begun re-reading the Book of Revelation since, I stopped being afraid of it. LOL. I have also, been on youtube and reading articles about the anti-christ since this world is going crazy. I came across a tweet that said, "God is Lucifer, and Jesus is Satan." I thought that doesn't make any sense and I went online further to investigate because it seemed like a lie from Satan hisself. He's so easy at deceiving people it's not even funny. Do any of you know how that insane theory came about?

It's a tweet, not gospel. Whoever wrote it was probably just looking for a reaction, to freak people out or make them mad.

Also, I have been reading a lot of controversial stuff about what the Pope has said, and it seems to me that he isn't really "holy" as I thought he was and I was all for him. I also, was thinking that the Catholic Church-religion is corrupted as well. For example, two of my friends were Catholic. Well, one was Catholic and she just became a Christian and the other is still a Catholic. Friend 1 who is still a Catholic told me that she still doesn't understand what her priests is saying as to getting the message across so she just sits there and listen. I told her well, "Maybe you should go to a Baptist church or any other Christian churches to help" and she respectfully declined. Friend 2, Said, that she didn't understand her Priests either. We were talking about how short her Mass was.  I been to a Mass when I was 8 years old because these Catholic people had invited my mom to a dinner afterwards, and I couldn't understand a thing! It was the shortest sermon, I have ever been too!

An unfortunate thing about the Catholic church is that a lot of priests suck at reaching the people through their homilies (sermons) however, one thing you have to realize is that a protestant services is not equal to a protestant service. Protestant services tend to be very Word focused, that is the focus of the service is on the sermon. A catholic service, in contrast, has two parts. The liturgy of the word, this usually includes three readings (one of which is always a gospel reading) plus a psalm or canticle. The priest gives his homily (sermon). Second part of the mass is the liturgy of the Eucharist (communion). This is big for Catholics, so it takes equal time.

The mass is designed as one big prayer, completed in a certain way to reflect Christ's life and ministry. Usually a mass is about an hour in total length. Some priests go longer. Priests that go shorter probably shouldn't.

But anyways, back to friend 2. She said, she thought that something just didn't seem right with her when she would go and she would still have a lot of questions afterwards. It was as if she was just confused every time she went. Do you guys think that the Catholic religion is corrupted or just confusing?

Well, has your friend talked to the priest or a youth minister about her questions? The Catholic faith is indeed complex, and unfortunantly churches sometimes don't do a great job really teaching the beilefs. One organization/website I would suggest for a teen with question is Life Teen. (<- Click that). I'm not sure if they do it anymore, but they used to have podcasts and whatnot that broke down the mass readings so you could review them before hand.

If you've got any specific questions on Catholicism feel free to ask. "Is it corrupt" is a little ridiculous because, obviously, Catholics are gonna say no and non-catholics are gonna say yes or maybe. And ya know what? There are really really smart people in both camps. *shrugs*

Do any of you know how that insane theory came about?

People are crazy and have lots of time on their hands. That's basically all there is to it.

Do you think that the end times are near?

Biblically speaking, we've been in the "end times" all since Jesus arose, and we will remain in the end times until He returns. As to the question of whether Jesus will return soon, I have no idea. If nothing else, the Gospel must be preached to all peoples in all nations first, a task which is most likely incomplete.

Do you guys have any good movies/documentaries on Revelation? 

Not off the top of my head, but a good book on it would be N. T. Wright's Revelation for Everyone.

As a final note, while I do have plenty of serious reservations about Catholicism, I think much of what non-Catholics see being wrong comes from rather significant misunderstandings.