Sign in to follow this  
slycooper

What's your Mastermind subject?

I swear we had a thread like this once but myeh, I can't find it so therefore I claim this land for her Majestey *sticks union jack into the ground*

For those who haven't seen it, Mastermind is a quiz show where contestants chose one niche subject to be tested on. For example, the TV show Quantum leap, Seattle Seahawks in the 1980s, the work of Eulcid, Bach's Sacred Music, the life of Churchill and so forth. So basically, what would your topic(s) be? Can't be *too* specific or broad but the stranger the better!

Edited by slycooper

Well, this seems perfect for me. I'm the kinda guy who gets obsessed about specific subjects that would never actually help me in real life. Except now I guess. 

I'm going to be pretty tame right now and say Star Trek: DS9 (I'm a nerd, I know)

I'll add a few more as I think of them. I want to see some other people's post before continuing. 

Edited by PlasmaHam

Smallville Trivia.

Edit:

Also, Unexplained Mysteries/Paranormal History. (Black Dahlia, La Bete, Battle L.A., Marissa Maury, Elissa Lam... that sort of thing.)

Anything related to Stephen King — the books, the movies, the fan blogs, the podcasts, the collectibles, the man himself. I know it all. Literally all of it.

The presidencies of Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, and Carter. The '60s and '70s is my favorite era in American history, and I love politics, so naturally I tend to hone in on those guys.

Edited by curryjacket

Samuel Larsen :P okay let us be serious now.

I tend to think I've done a lot of studying and know about a lot of mental illness related things.

Music of the 2010's XD

Samuel Larsen :P okay let us be serious now.

I tend to think I've done a lot of studying and know about a lot of mental illness related things.

Music of the 2010's XD

Hey, Larson is totally a legit topic! Every time I try to sound impressive I just realise I dont really know enough to do it. 

Mine would probably just be Film Noir, Soren Kierkegaard and the music of Sufjan Stevens. Oh and my dissertation topic but that wouldn't really be a testable subject!

Hey, Larson is totally a legit topic! Every time I try to sound impressive I just realise I dont really know enough to do it. 

Mine would probably just be Film Noir, Soren Kierkegaard and the music of Sufjan Stevens. Oh and my dissertation topic but that wouldn't really be a testable subject!

the o....oh how everyone misspells it XD

OOOOO That sounds cool :P

Cars. (Shocker...I know.)

'60's-'80's musicians and bands.

Cooking.

The Bible.

The Outsiders movie, and all actors in it pretty much. Give me a trivia quiz on that, and you might be surprised. lol

The Bible.

That's a really broad topic. Unless you can tell me off the top of your head who co-wrote 1 Corinthians with Paul and what two priests are the subject of what looks like a contradiction when Jesus was arguing with the Pharisees, I think this deserves to be narrowed.

I was thinking general trivia when I looked at this topic, and while I’m good at Biblical trivia, I’m surely not an expert on the Bible

So, new and improved post…

The Beatles band, The Outsiders movie, music of the ‘60’s-‘70’s-‘80’s, and cooking.   

I’m taking away “Bible” and “Cars”. Saying I’m an Expert on the Bible is a drastic exaggeration, and saying I’m an expert on “Cars” is too much of a generalization, for I know very little about modern cars. And I added The Beatles, I didn’t think of it until now.  

The Kennedy family (especially Kennedys in politics)

The Rwandan genocide

Unsolved murders, especially those of serial killers, in the United States