Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

pbros_theredletter.org

Be Careful With That Sword!

https://youtu.be/CybTNCi9uhg

When ever someone picks up a sword and begins swinging it around with no proper training they are in danger of bringing harm to themselves and others. In the bible it refers to Gods word as a double edged sword, so shouldn't the same principle apply? We as Christians should be more careful when speaking the word at someone or even reading it on our own.

I've always taken it a little differently.

The Bible is our sword when fighting Satan. By reading it, training with it, we learn how to vanquish our enemy.  Becoming a Christian is the first step in learning to wield/hold it.

Most people who are excited about something new, say, a sword, or new found faith are like HEY I'VE GOT THIS COOL THING, LET ME SHOW YOU.  They pull the "sword" of sorts off the shelf, but will leave it sheathed, or take it out enough to show off how pretty it is, let their friend see it and then put it back. A little common sense, and training (going to church, Bible studies, workshops etc) can keep even the most excited "noob" believer from metaphorically poking an eye out.

How is reading it alone something to be careful of? It's not as if there's dangerous spells inside. Take it, read it, eat it up for your own absorption!  DO ITTTT. as much as you want. It's yours to partake from.  You shouldn't be scared of the Bible, and as for reading it, stick to a section at a time, don't try to read it all in 3 days.

As for speaking the word to someone, that's where training and church come into play. You learn how to effectively witness there ( and heck, I'm sure you can find some tools on Youtube). Willingness to be friendly and not act like a salesman is probably one of the biggest tips to evangelism out there. Friendly people are always welcome, salesmen are almost always hated. Open the door to the gospel, be friendly, tactful and respectful, answer questions as best as you can.

Don't ever RUN up to someone and tell them they're going to Hell. That's not how you share the love of Jesus.

I've always taken it a little differently.

The Bible is our sword when fighting Satan. By reading it, training with it, we learn how to vanquish our enemy.  Becoming a Christian is the first step in learning to wield/hold it.

Most people who are excited about something new, say, a sword, or new found faith are like HEY I'VE GOT THIS COOL THING, LET ME SHOW YOU.  They pull the "sword" of sorts off the shelf, but will leave it sheathed, or take it out enough to show off how pretty it is, let their friend see it and then put it back. A little common sense, and training (going to church, Bible studies, workshops etc) can keep even the most excited "noob" believer from metaphorically poking an eye out.

How is reading it alone something to be careful of? It's not as if there's dangerous spells inside. Take it, read it, eat it up for your own absorption!  DO ITTTT. as much as you want. It's yours to partake from.  You shouldn't be scared of the Bible, and as for reading it, stick to a section at a time, don't try to read it all in 3 days.

As for speaking the word to someone, that's where training and church come into play. You learn how to effectively witness there ( and heck, I'm sure you can find some tools on Youtube). Willingness to be friendly and not act like a salesman is probably one of the biggest tips to evangelism out there. Friendly people are always welcome, salesmen are almost always hated. Open the door to the gospel, be friendly, tactful and respectful, answer questions as best as you can.

Don't ever RUN up to someone and tell them they're going to Hell. That's not how you share the love of Jesus.

Thanks for the comment! I agree with most everything you said! When I talk about reading it, what I am specifically referencing is when people who read it find something they do not like or think is pretty backwards, and kind of out of emotion decide not to read it again, ultimately bringing harm to their spiritual life because they never take the time or energy into pursuing further understanding of what its saying!

When I mention people who bring harm to others with the word I believed that that statement was self explanatory, speaking on people who preach "God hates you" from the street corners etc.

Hey very nice web site!! Man.. Beautiful.. Wonderful.. I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds alsoKI am satisfied to seek out a lot of helpful information here in the publish, we want work out extra techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing Kreul

Hey very nice web site!! Man.. Beautiful.. Wonderful.. I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds alsoKI am satisfied to seek out a lot of helpful information here in the publish, we want work out extra techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing Kreul

Thanks!!