Sign in to follow this  
God's Faithful Girl

People at school making me so mad!

So I'm super sensitive to sound, and everybody in my class is so loud and rude and disrespectful (they're constantly talking and yelling over each other when the teacher is trying to teach) I've brought it up with the principal and she helps me deal with my anger, but I'd like to actually change the situation. Any ideas?

I think you need to be firm but not aggressive, I understand if you have problems controlling your anger and it's great that our principle is helping you with that- but you need to tell her as calmly as you can that you'd like to see a change in people's attitude in class and even perhaps the teacher's discipline! If you are level-headed she will fully understand where you are coming from better instead of facing rage. I really hope the situation improves for you :)

If you're having a hard time, it's very likely that the teacher is too. Getting a class to behave can super hard! I would encourage you to talk with your teacher but I'd also encourage you to seek out options that might work for you. For example, if noise bothers you maybe you could ask the teacher if you could wear headphones or move your desk away from other students during independent work. 

^What Marley said. Would you teacher allow you to wear earplugs? If you're sensitive to sound, it's likely you can still hear the important things without being bothered by the goofiness of your classmates.

That's normal. If you take on these loud kids you need to invest in them. 

bbc4e1e8ec0c2c0dc59d64d8aa5f0ad4238504d4