Sign in to follow this  
Tint

Spiritual growth well bond...

umm I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure how this works. I fear losing my connection to God more that ever, God kinda saved me from myself last year and blessed me with the motivation to live and achieve my goals. I fear I can feel myself slipping away into the clutches of hate, self loathing and self harm again. I'm seeking answers well help I don't know, well I need motivation to work for my grades, to live and the only place I can get that is from God. I need help understanding and working on myself spiritually... I guess I haven't been able to set foot in a church in years due to traumatic experiences i endured when i was younger whereby I was isolated and bullied to the point that i decided not to go. Does this hinder growth can I strengthen my bond with God? How? How do i move past this? I guess I'm waffling but I fear that this is embarrassing that I'll be on my own again, and well lose all motivation to do anything.

I think leaving the Church definitely hinders growth in your relationship with Christ and others. Are you opposed to returning? Truth is, people at church can be mean sometimes. But we need to offer them forgiveness just as Christ has forgiven us. When we choose a life of reconciliation, we choose to honor God.   Are you willing to forgive them? If so, let me know, and I'll give you some tips on what you need to do next.  Everything lies in forgiveness, my friend.