Sign in to follow this  
Michi

What should I do

I have a problem. I have a sister and a cousin and some other family member who keep saying i need a boyfriend. but i keep telling them that i am not ready to have a relationship yet. But they won´t stop and they keep saying that they think that i am a lesbian which i am not. I like boys but it just i am not ready to have a relationship yet. 

How old are your sister and cousins? I've talked about this with the girls in my school group (who are younger than us) because they get this kind of pressure too. If you're not ready you're not ready and they should lay off.  Tell them that they aren't being Christ like by teasing you. More importantly, you have to think about the purpose of relationships. I don't believe in dating just to date. I think dating (or courting or w/e you call it) should be to see if a couple is ready for marriage. If you know you're not ready to get married then you're not ready to be romantic with a boy. Plus, no guy our age is ready to be a spiritual leader and head of household. 

I hope this is helpful :)

"Who needs a boyfriend when you love yourself?"

When I was 15, I had girls in my neighborhood running around telling people I was a lesbian because my main firends were girls and I wasn't actively chasing males. 

I ignored them. I understand that is easier to do with neighbors than family. 

The options I present to you are:

-Change the subject.  If they bring it up, switch to something dull, like the weather and stick to it. They should get the point.

-Explain to them that this conversation, especially the assumption of your sexuality makes you uncomfortable and is really none of their business. 
"No, I am not having this conversation with you again. you are making me VERY uncomfortable. If you can't respect my wishes by finding something better to talk about than my love life, I'm leaving," Give them a chance to change topics and if they persist, walk out of the room or go outside. Make it clear you're not going to put up with this junk. 

-Awkward silences, pretending like you don't understand the question and blank stares sometimes also get the point across. 

I'm not sure of your family dynamics, but I personally get a little sassy when I'm irritated. Nowadays when people assume my sexuality, call me bi, lesbian, whatever ( especially if the accuser is one of those things), I just look at them, say "Hah, you wish, honey," and flounce off.