regadoo

God's plan for me

The summer of 5th grade at church camp I was praying to God and pleading with him, asking him what I would turn out to be in he future. I got a response in the form of a small, quiet voice that said in my heart "missionary." Ever since then my life has become focused on this goal, which is my dream to become a full-time missionary. I'm now a high school student and have been on several missions trips thanks to my parents and God. I absolutely love it, it's definently my environment once I learn to get out of my comfort zone and listen to God. Of course, there's always those many moments of doubt if that was actually God speaking to me? how can I afford this kind of a lifestyle? Where will I do the mission work? Stuff like that. I have some ideas for where I want to go or do, but that's not really up to me. I feel self-concious when I tell people what I want to do, and I feel like everyone is saying "you really think God's calling you to this?" After all, I am an introvert. But I try to remember that God isn't finished with me yet. So, i'm asking for prayer, guidance, and verses, etc. to encourage me and others like me.

amen. God bless you. That´s good that you know the plan God has for you. Me, I don´t even know what is God´s plan for me.

Of course, there's always those many moments of doubt if that was actually God speaking to me? how can I afford this kind of a lifestyle? Where will I do the mission work? Stuff like that. 

Ah, yes, one of Satan's most powerful tactics is causing us to doubt. The thing is, we needn't concern ourselves with these thoughts. The Bible tells us, time and time again, that the Lord is our provider! And we can have confidence that this is true.

You're right about God not being finished with you yet. What you are today is not what you will be tomorrow. I can firmly attest to this as being true. A year ago I used to struggle with anxiety, and to the point it would become downright tormenting in certain situations. Overcoming it on my own was an extreme battle. I couldn't do it. No matter how hard I tried. So in an act of desperation, I finally gave my anxiety over to God three months ago and was completely set free! Really, I'm doing things now I would have never imagined I'd be doing. For I would have been either too scared or unsure about my capabilities. I'm also a lot more talkative and if you personally knew me, you would have to agree that's a miracle in itself.  :P

So, yes, you're completely right that God is not finished with you yet. :) Of course, you should be seeking God on this matter as much as you can. After all, He is the one who has called you to do this. He knows what will prepare you best for this life and what you must do next.  

Likewise, I'm not speaking about seeking Him for a month then giving up after not receiving any response. No, I mean full out persistence! Seeking him daily and waiting patiently with faith that He's going to lead and answer you regardless if you might have to spend a year seeking! If you want to work in ministry, you'll have to learn to be a listener first. 

On 9/21/2016 at 7:11 AM, Michi said:

amen. God bless you. That´s good that you know the plan God has for you. Me, I don´t even know what is God´s plan for me.

just continue to walk with God he shall direct your path