Michi

Trump and Clinton Debate

I was watching the debate monday night and i have to say it was intense. I didn´t like the part when Trump keep desrrupting Clinton when she has to speak!. It is kind og hard to chose which one of this two to fallow but i think i will follow clinton

i am a young person i cant vote but i surely have a serious opinion we people need to understand spiritually God is still in control. Secondly, we all have a posture or a character we try to keep ourselves within when trying out for certain things. Trump should not be president because he has failed the presidential character or posture he suppose to uphold during this race. Hey Clinton , is no better she lied, and she has health issues. Clinton must understand she can be in the presidential chair up to 4 years i think so i how can you uphold a presidential title if you are not doing good with your health. For example if god calls me into the ministry and he puts me over a church but spiritually with the help of god i can do all things but if you don't have a spiritual mindset and faith its gone be hard but if I'm sick and it continuously getting worse i must hand the church to another leader how can i lead the church congregation with a nonfunctional body how can i lead the people if I'm not getting better but I'm trying to lead.

I don´t want trump tobe president because he wants to build a wall around MExico and he doesn´t like hispanics for i am Puerto Rican and won´t want a president like that.

To rehash my oft-repeated views:

Trump is a madman about foreign policy whose ideas about alienating our allies for a cash payoff would be catastrophic for peace the world over. His racist overtones make many of the children in my middle school classroom feel unwelcome and afraid in America, which makes him the most bigoted and divisive character in American politics in recent memory. His other ideas are nonsense ravings by a man who doesn't know anything but how to talk like a demagogue. 

Hillary is a typical liberal with a typical liberal agenda who has less political acumen than her presidential predecessors. However, she still has the minimum level of expertise and personal discipline to fill the office. 

Voting third party is a pointless exercise in personal "virtue." It's fine if it's some sort of ritual carried out with the knowledge that your vote doesn't matter anyway, but it's not going to make any difference. If your vote could possibly make any difference, you should vote Hillary, because to do otherwise could cause serious material harm to many, many people.

Edited by Chris-M

17 hours ago, Chris-M said:

To rehash my oft-repeated views:

Trump is a madman about foreign policy whose ideas about alienating our allies for a cash payoff would be catastrophic for peace the world over. His racist overtones make many of the children in my middle school classroom feel unwelcome and afraid in America, which makes him the most bigoted and divisive character in American politics in recent memory. His other ideas are nonsense ravings by a man who doesn't know anything but how to talk like a demagogue. 

Hillary is a typical liberal with a typical liberal agenda who has less political acumen than her presidential predecessors. However, she still has the minimum level of expertise and personal discipline to fill the office. 

Voting third party is a pointless exercise in personal "virtue." It's fine if it's some sort of ritual carried out with the knowledge that your vote doesn't matter anyway, but it's not going to make any difference. If your vote could possibly make any difference, you should vote Hillary, because to do otherwise could cause serious material harm to many, many people.

I actually agree with you. 

The debate was laughably ridiculous. Trump sounded like a four-year-old. And Hillary was so painfully boring except when making decent jabs at Trump.

The first debate was pretty lack-luster. Trump got temperamental and missed the blindingly obvious, while Hillary was drab and very elusive when it came to policies.

I liked the VP debate though. Pence is the only person I actually like on the presidential tickets, and he was rather good against the brash and aggressive Kaine.

8 hours ago, PlasmaHam said:

Pence is the only person I actually like on the presidential tickets

Ew, he's as hawkish as all the other nuts that were running against Trump (except Paul, of course, who was rational).

14 hours ago, Nicene Nerd said:

Ew, he's as hawkish as all the other nuts that were running against Trump (except Paul, of course, who was rational).

I was talking about the people on the current presidential tickets, and I really feel that Pence is the only one with actual morals. I would of preferred others of course than Trump. 

I was just looking through the recent leaked documents and transcripts about Clinton. For those who don't know, Wikileaks has just released numerous transcripts of Clinton's, from her numerous closed-door speeches and such. I feel that this could be a game changer. I don't feel that the secrecy and lying part will be of impact, we already expect that of Hillary. But the numerous times in which she revealed her actually policy wants, like universal health care and open borders and trade, contradicts very much with what she has been saying during the campaign.

As for Trump's recent leaked film footage, as awful as it is, I don't believe it would change much. People already accept Trump isn't of moral character. Within a week it will just fall into the hodgepodge of moral wrongs this election had revealed of both sides.    

Trump is just so gross. I know I'm not really adding much of anything here but he's SOOOO GROSS. I'm not the type of person who would get miffed at a person for their political views but I'm pretty sure if they don't at least feel a little conflicted about supporting Trump we can't be friends anymore. I've got a lot of my Texas friends posting things on FB with like the sort of weird reverence where they refuse to condemn his actions at all. "Trump said really awful things." "BUT CLINTON KILLED PEOPLE AND MONICA LEWINSKI AND.....!" STOP! I don't care if you think Hillary should be in prison. I don't care if you're voting because of supreme court justices. But holy cow we have to agree on some level that this guy is disgusting. //end rant

44 minutes ago, PlasmaHam said:

I was talking about the people on the current presidential tickets, and I really feel that Pence is the only one with actual morals. I would of preferred others of course than Trump. 

I was just looking through the recent leaked documents and transcripts about Clinton. For those who don't know, Wikileaks has just released numerous transcripts of Clinton's, from her numerous closed-door speeches and such. I feel that this could be a game changer. I don't feel that the secrecy and lying part will be of impact, we already expect that of Hillary. But the numerous times in which she revealed her actually policy wants, like universal health care and open borders and trade, contradicts very much with what she has been saying during the campaign.

As for Trump's recent leaked film footage, as awful as it is, I don't believe it would change much. People already accept Trump isn't of moral character. Within a week it will just fall into the hodgepodge of moral wrongs this election had revealed of both sides.    

G-d forbid we have universal healthcare and free trade...

21 hours ago, Synod said:

G-d forbid we have universal healthcare and free trade...

That's not the point of my post. Clinton has many times stated during the campaign that she opposed these ideas, yet now it seems that she secretly supports them. 

1 hour ago, PlasmaHam said:

That's not the point of my post. Clinton has many times stated during the campaign that she opposed these ideas, yet now it seems that she secretly supports them. 

...and? Good for her, then.

10 hours ago, PlasmaHam said:

Fits her general pattern of saying only what is politically expedient, without regard to truth.

like universal health care

Hey, take a look at Clinton's website. Notice how at the top she advertises "universal" healthcare? It's almost like it's not a secret agenda!

I suspect what you mean is that she supports a single-payer system. Which is, you know, a part of her public political record. However, it's unlikely that she's going to have the political support from Congress to actually pursue a single-payer system, so she'll probably have to compromise...in a way that looks like what she's publicly saying she's going to do.

Making compromises you don't 100% agree with isn't dishonest. It's democracy.

Fits her general pattern of saying only what is politically expedient, without regard to truth.

•  

itfoe-reagan.png

"We did not -- repeat -- did not trade weapons or anything else for hostages -- nor will we."

MTE4MDAzNDEwMDU4NTc3NDIy.jpg

"I have a very clear view. We have to trade with the rest of the world. We are 5 percent of the world's population. We have to trade with the other 95 percent. And trade has to be reciprocal. That's the way the global economy works. But we have failed to provide the basic safety net support that American workers need in order to be able to compete and win in the global economy."

I wonder which of these is the bigger "lie..."

I'm not going to say Clinton doesn't change her views when it's politically expedient--anyone who wants to be effective in a democracy does; get over it. However, Clinton has said that she opposes the TPP and CAFTA, not trade in general. It's possible that's not true, but even so. It's a far cry from saying she opposes trade in general: She does not and never has. She supports the rational policy virtually all economists agree with: Trade is great, but it produces serious losers, and we need to craft interventions that use the gains of trade to protect and retrain those losers.

Edited by Chris-M

New revelations from the latest WikiLeaks dump has key Hillary Clinton aides and allies taking heat after they are caught attacking two major faith groups--evangelicals and Catholics-- in email correspondence.

The 2011 email chains are between Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri, Campaign Chairman John Podesta and John Halpin from the Center for American Progress, Trace Gallagher reported.

Halpin characterizes some members of the Catholic church as being engaged in an "amazing bastardization of the faith."

Halpin continues, criticizing 21st Century Fox Chairman Rupert Murdoch, CEO of Fox News, and NewsCorp Chairman Robert Thomson for raising their children Catholic, Gallagher reported:

"They must be attracted to the systemic thought and severely backward gender relations," he writes.

Podesta, a Catholic, does not directly respond in the correspondence.

"I imagine they think it the is the most socially acceptable, politically conservative religion--their rich friends wouldn't understand if they became evangelicals" Palmieri says of the two men.

Here is a little quote from Fox news, which talks of a leaked e-mail in which key Clinton staffers basically mocked Catholics and Evangelical Christians. Imagine if they said these things about Muslims, wow, that would be fire show. 

I mean, he's not wrong. Conservative Catholics are incredibly annoying people who use the language of medieval philosophers to pretend to be experts about literally everything.

Much love for conservative Catholics here <3

Edited by Chris-M

trump though why would anyone vote for him, I really don't even see why he's running for president. He puts down other people to raise himself "up" he demeans women, and he gloats about how incredibly rich he is when really he doesn't know how to handle a business. The only reason why he's so rich is cause of a bussiness passed to him, he didn't make his own business. Like why? why would you vote for someone who acts like this. He's not fit to be a president at all. 

12 minutes ago, MandySCOtt said:

trump though why would anyone vote for him, I really don't even see why he's running for president. He puts down other people to raise himself "up" he demeans women, and he gloats about how incredibly rich he is when really he doesn't know how to handle a business. The only reason why he's so rich is cause of a bussiness passed to him, he didn't make his own business. Like why? why would you vote for someone who acts like this. He's not fit to be a president at all. 

The guy has made a business worth nearly 100x what he originally started with. So sure, the business was passed on to him, but that is like saying Rockefeller inherited a single oil rig so all his business success came from his father. Trump is rude, sure, but I feel he actually cares about America much more than Clinton. Just look at their slogans, you got "I'm with Her" versus "Make America Great Again!" His policies I feel are also significantly better than Clinton's. She would have us fighting Russia abroad while reducing personal freedoms and opening borders in America within the first two years.

@MandySCOtt We either have to choose between an egotistical, morally bankrupt businessman, or a corrupt, morally bankrupt career politician. In all honesty, Clinton should be in jail and Trump should have just stayed out of politics, but this is what we have to work with.

18 hours ago, PlasmaHam said:

The guy has made a business worth nearly 100x what he originally started with. So sure, the business was passed on to him, but that is like saying Rockefeller inherited a single oil rig so all his business success came from his father. Trump is rude, sure, but I feel he actually cares about America much more than Clinton. Just look at their slogans, you got "I'm with Her" versus "Make America Great Again!" His policies I feel are also significantly better than Clinton's. She would have us fighting Russia abroad while reducing personal freedoms and opening borders in America within the first two years.

@MandySCOtt We either have to choose between an egotistical, morally bankrupt businessman, or a corrupt, morally bankrupt career politician. In all honesty, Clinton should be in jail and Trump should have just stayed out of politics, but this is what we have to work with.

1. Trump's business successes are surrounded by even more business failures. He does what every decent entrepreneur does: throws everything at the wall until something sticks. That's a fun way to get rich, but is a fairly dangerous method for running a country.
  2. Trump doesn't care about America, and I don't know where you would get the idea that he does. He cares exclusively and only about himself. I actually think Clinton kind of cares about America somewhere inside, but it's buried under a lifetime of political mess.
  3. Slogans, really? The whole point of slogans is persuasion tactics, and they mean very little. Trump knew that "Make America Great Again" would resonate with lots of people. That's all there is to it. "I'm With Her" probably is meant to be evoke feministic thoughts of proving yourself a friend to women by supporting what could be the first woman President. Neither is relevant to anything except marketing.
  4. Trump's policies are marginally better than Clinton's on some areas, but the truth is we don't really know much about Trump's real policies, especially since on crucial foreign policy issues he actually tells us that he's keeping key things secret (which probably just means he has no real plan). And of course the vital social issues aren't anything Trump actually cares about, just checking boxes for the Republican nomination.
  5. Of course Clinton will have us fighting with Russia and limit personal freedoms, but I fail to see any reason to expect Trump will be better. Sure, it won't be Russia, but it'll be someone else to be sure. Sure, the freedoms he limits will be different ones, but they'll be something without doubt. I don't see any evidence that Clinton will pursue open borders, though, and even that doesn't really matter compared to any of the other issues.
  6. Trump should most likely be in jail, too. The idea that none of the sexual assault allegations against him are true is wildly unlikely.

Finally, we're not forced to choose between these two cretins. We are more than free to abstain or to vote third party. As Christians, we do not depend on the powers and authorities of this age for our hope, thus even though we may use them to do good, when they are all evil we are free to fix our hope on the kingdom come and stay out of the crap.

On 10/24/2016 at 9:34 AM, Nicene Nerd said:
  2. Trump doesn't care about America, and I don't know where you would get the idea that he does. He cares exclusively and only about himself. I actually think Clinton kind of cares about America somewhere inside, but it's buried under a lifetime of political mess.

Yes, Clinton, the one who is facing criminal investigation by the FBI, constantly lies to the American public, and has made hundreds of millions by being a "public servant." Yes, she totally cares so much more than a businessman who has lost millions in both personal and business funds to run for president.

Slogans, really? The whole point of slogans is persuasion tactics, and they mean very little. Trump knew that "Make America Great Again" would resonate with lots of people. That's all there is to it. "I'm With Her" probably is meant to be evoke feministic thoughts of proving yourself a friend to women by supporting what could be the first woman President. Neither is relevant to anything except marketing.

Why did you start a thread specifically analyzing one of these slogans?

The funny thing is, Bill Clinton started to mock Trump over his slogan, saying that apparently "Make America Great Again" is somehow racist. The hilarious part was that Clinton actually used that himself multiple times.

Trump's policies are marginally better than Clinton's on some areas, but the truth is we don't really know much about Trump's real policies, especially since on crucial foreign policy issues he actually tells us that he's keeping key things secret (which probably just means he has no real plan). And of course the vital social issues aren't anything Trump actually cares about, just checking boxes for the Republican nomination.

Do you want someone who has made it clear she would oppress civil liberties and engage us in a meaningless conflict against Russia over someone that might just do nothing about either? I know what I want.

Of course Clinton will have us fighting with Russia and limit personal freedoms, but I fail to see any reason to expect Trump will be better. Sure, it won't be Russia, but it'll be someone else to be sure. Sure, the freedoms he limits will be different ones, but they'll be something without doubt. I don't see any evidence that Clinton will pursue open borders, though, and even that doesn't really matter compared to any of the other issues.

Immigration seems like a pretty big issue in this election, arguably the largest for the average American. And the open border quote? Hillary directly said she want open borders in one of the leaked e-mails released this month.

Trump should most likely be in jail, too. The idea that none of the sexual assault allegations against him are true is wildly unlikely.

Let me think, 20+ women decide that 1 month before an election of a candidate already unpopular among women that they would release information of "sexual encounters" from 20 years ago? Despite this being probably the most unsafe and riskiest time for them to do such? Yea... I still would rather have Trump in the White House than a man who even Democrats admit isn't any different than Bill Cosby.

Finally, we're not forced to choose between these two cretins. We are more than free to abstain or to vote third party. As Christians, we do not depend on the powers and authorities of this age for our hope, thus even though we may use them to do good, when they are all evil we are free to fix our hope on the kingdom come and stay out of the crap.

You are reminding me of Pilate before he released Jesus to the crowd's wishes. Washing your hands, believing that your self-righteousness is more important than taking a stand in an issue where you could potentially make everything for the better. But be your Pilate, and just like another famous Roman, play your fiddle while Rome burns.

Edited by PlasmaHam