Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Michi

Is anime bad to watch?

Hey I just want to ask someone if any of you think that anime is bad? i REALLY REALLY LOVE ANIME and my parents and siblings kept telling me that anime is bad and will open doors to the devil. I just want to know if it´s bad or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, I am not a fan of anime. My only real exposure to it was a few commentary videos that I've watched, and I really only watched those because I liked the commentator. However, I see nothing that makes the genre of anime inherently evil. I do know that many anime shows are rather mature compared to western animation. Those are often what people think of when they hear anime, as those are typically the ones with the most exposure. However, saying that anime is all about evil tentacles, magic, and questionable behavior, those are simply points not defining the whole genre nor being typical in most works. That's like saying sci-fi is all about cheesy aliens and robots, that is far too restrictive and is not typical in most sci-fi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Anime has too much sex and violence."

"Well, babe, at least it's not Shakespeare."

Titus.jpg

"Or Mozart."

Moza_B_Madamina_DonGio.gif

"Or...You know."

jael.jpg

Andrea_Vaccaro,_T%C3%AAte_de_Saint-Jean_

bible.jpg

Edited by Chris-M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that was something Chris 

I'm not a big fan of anime myself, I don't see too much of a problem with it compared to other modern television shows. Some are actually descent while others are very vulgar and profane. I don't think there's one standard fits all for something as broad as Anime, but I'd keep in mind that all we do is supposed to bring God glory. Also I'd keep out of any more sexual Anime. I don't think Anime is too different from other TV or online series, also make sure you never get so into it that it's taking time away from more important things, especially spending time with God, or sleeping. It's not overly evil, just be careful what you're filling yourself with; and turn away from it if it get's too dark, sinful, or addictive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FOX545 said:

Well that was something Chris 

I'm not a big fan of anime myself, I don't see too much of a problem with it compared to other modern television shows. Some are actually descent while others are very vulgar and profane. I don't think there's one standard fits all for something as broad as Anime, but I'd keep in mind that all we do is supposed to bring God glory. Also I'd keep out of any more sexual Anime. I don't think Anime is too different from other TV or online series, also make sure you never get so into it that it's taking time away from more important things, especially spending time with God, or sleeping. It's not overly evil, just be careful what you're filling yourself with; and turn away from it if it get's too dark, sinful, or addictive.

best answer here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm an otaku (anime fan boy) and I don't see any harm in anime, yes there are gruesome, messed up, bloody, sexual anime's, etc. but in all fairness it's just like anything else we watch or at least could watch but in a different form, I always appreciate the visual animation in all anime's, I love anime so much ^_^, I mean Pokemon, yu-gi-oh, beyblades, bakugan all seem like innocent anime's, but if you are talking about hentai, Ecchi, demonic, supernatural or anything else for kids, well the basic answer is don't let your kids watch it and let them watch anime which is generally innocent, not every anime is bad, but i think if you are looking for a good anime watch death note.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, God's Faithful Girl said:

I love anime. It's never deterred me from my faith. 

For one thing, anime is kind of inappropiate and it has magic and stuff (that's what my mother as sister said)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michi said:

For one thing, anime is kind of inappropiate and it has magic and stuff (that's what my mother as sister said)

It depends on which anime you watch; check the reviews to see if it has inappropriate content.

Only some anime have magic in them. And even then, I personally believe that magic in the media is only bad if the characters have to ask some entity for powers. Like for example, Harry Potter. They're seen practicing spells and stuff, but they're never seen communicating with spirits or demons like real witches would. I personally wouldn't want small children to watch it, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Cassiatell said:

It depends on which anime you watch; check the reviews to see if it has inappropriate content.

Only some anime have magic in them. And even then, I personally believe that magic in the media is only bad if the characters have to ask some entity for powers. Like for example, Harry Potter. They're seen practicing spells and stuff, but they're never seen communicating with spirits or demons like real witches would. I personally wouldn't want small children to watch it, of course.

i should start doing that. CHeck the reviews of what anime I watch. Thanks for the advice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if it does not give you negative thoughts about God and the bible, I mean most of the people in my church like anime. they even like harry potter. I mean I lie it brings me back my childhood wonder and I think god wants you to be happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on what type of anime are you watching. I have lots of friends who are an anime fan like, they even do cosplay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really not, anime is a wonderful form of entertainment, and I've been enjoying it for years. Now a lot of people blur the line between anime, and things like echhi or hentai. It's completely different, and majority of anime is 100% safe to watch. My personal favorite is Your Lie in April, its a must watch!

Edited by SenpaiZach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now