Transsexuality  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's a sin to be transsexual?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should trans boys have access to male bathrooms? Should trans girls have access to female bathrooms? Do they have the right to go to the bathroom of their identified gender, regardless of the gender they were born with?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would you marry someone transgender? (If you're male, would you marry a trans female? If you're a female, would you marry a trans male?)

• Yes
    • No

So, this is pretty heated, but I'll stick my opinions in here.

Our ancestors were bright people, with similar feelings to our own, they studied social patterns, and what they believed is right and wrong, centuries before we stuck our puny liberal brains in and said 'BARBARIC!' and basically think all people from pre-modern era were horrible people. The difference between us and our ancestors, is that we are weak, we enjoy comfort, we enjoy sex, drugs, money(especially money), and other things. We are greedy, selfish, angry and sensitive. We tolerate what we know is wrong, and raise our children not by tradition, but by tolerance.

Now, taking that in, I personally think that our 'opinions' matter less today, on what is moral and right, than it does for our ancestors' opinions. We live in a society only different by technology and political change. We have the same cultures, religions, and social structure as our forefathers. The difference is nobody wants to make hard decisions. This has part to do with the fact we live in a Democracy, and partially because we are very anarchistic and liberal these days.

Our Christian forefathers accepted what they believed what was moral, and all else was prosecuted and stomped out, sometimes in a more extreme way than others. I don't support going door to door and slaughtering everyone who isn't a Christian, that is absolutely not what I would mean. But any step in the right direction would be founded in changing how we view politics, how we view human rights, how we view morality, and we have to question ourselves. The Bible says homosexuality is a sin, yes? Yet we treat homosexuality like it's just another avenue for the uncanny valley of people we tolerate.

Point is, I think it's a sad decline in what we believe in, that we now tolerate that our sons and daughters believe what they do, and feel they can get away with it without feeling judgement. We more and more freely accept this stuff, and before you know it, our traditions and beliefs are crushed under the weight of 'progressive change'.

So, to sum it all up, I believe that our forefathers would be ashamed that we let such a decline in our moral standings, 'tolerate' shouldn't even be something we have to say, those thoughts should not have even began to rise up in the minds of the doubtful, but we let them stray away, rather than nipping it in the bud. There's little that can be done now to change any of that, but, yes, I view that the 'LGBT' community is simply something that has always existed, but our forefathers decided it was immoral, and now we ignore those morals and tolerate what our forefathers would have punished and scorned.

That's my two cents on it, do please take all of it with a grain of salt, the more people tear apart my sentence structure and nitpick exactly what they think I mean, the less I feel I want to post on these types of things. If you're not sure how you feel about something I said, or want to question me, fine, but don't call me a barbarian or something because I phrased something uniquely and used colorful language XD.

(Also, I must clarify, our 'forefathers' were not perfect people, they were ignorant, harsh, and had many of the sins we ourselves have today, I'm just saying that there's a reason that we're only now changing our beliefs, when they had been steadfast for hundreds of years. I also want to clarify that there's a difference between toleration and acceptance, Jesus Christ 'tolerates' those who want to change, and loves both the sinner and the righteous, but only through change can they be set free. Jesus wouldn't have just said 'oh no it's fine be homosexual, but as long as you aren't sinning in any other way it's okay.' It's said that all sins are equal in punishment, whether it's rape, stealing, or being a homosexual. Jesus Christ wouldn't free someone just to have them keep sinning, you must truly believe you will change your ways and open your heart to Christ, something that most LGBTs would not accept. Now, I've said lots, and forgotten bits of detail here in there in this, so if you question me, and I have a different opinion, it's because you've convinced me to look at it another way and have changed my mind, or similarly.)

Should we still give them the same rights to life, give them the same freedoms we do, and love them as we would love any person? Of course. Jesus Christ lived among the sinful and loved them all equally, we should do the same, but there is a massive difference between accepting a person because they are human beings, and condoning their sinful nature.

I know someone is going to read this and go. '*GASP* DISCRIMINATION!!!!' So, this is why I am not indiscriminate: Being discriminate would mean I feel we should treat them differently, like with less rights, but as I have clarified, they should be treated the same, with no more, and no less privileges and rights than our own, same with anyone of any other race, nationality, etc.

Also...

Democracy -/- Discrimination

Fascism - Discrimination

If you want to discriminate against a certain type of people, go try and gain public support for a right wing nationalist party that will enforce the laws you want in place XD.

Edited by Sir Will

I'm back, and you know what that means... debate time!

On 1/28/2017 at 7:39 AM, Sir Will said:

A whole lot of stuff that I'm not going to make you read again.

First off, woah there. I think that you need to do some historical research. You seem to believe that our ancestors were somehow more morally correct than us. They were no more "righteous" than people are today. You also mentioned that today we live in a society of tolerance over tradition. You see this as a bad thing? Traditions can grow out-of-date, or lose their meaning, but love and tolerance have always been, and always will be, important.

Secondly, our society is not only different in terms of technology and politics. Culture has evolved, new religions have been created, and social structure has most certainly changed. And with this change comes new decisions. Decisions that are maybe even more difficult than those that have been made in the past. Democracy is hard, because you're working for the people. Not just for some people, but for all people. And however you look at it, this change is good. Look at pretty much any aspect of life, and you will find that it is better today than it has been in the past. Because that's what society does, that's what humans do. We try to get better.

So what are you suggesting that we do with the LGBTQ community? If we aren't supposed to treat those people with tolerance and respect, what are we supposed to do? Constantly go around telling them that they're sinners, and denying them the right to do what they believe is right? Because let me tell you, people have tried to do that in the past. And it doesn't create a bunch of new believers on fire for God. It creates a bunch of oppressed people who resent their oppressors and everything they stand for.

I personally don't believe that the way we live now is a decline from what we used to have. The LGBTQ community used to have to live in fear. Now we give them the chance to feel acceptance and love. Which do you think is more likely to create good relationships and states of mind, that can lead to the Kingdom of God being spread?

I don't think that our moral standings have gone down, when compared to our ancestors. Have you ever heard of Fundamentalism/Relativism? In the past, people in general have had very fundamentalist views. Now, people in general have very relativist views. But maybe this is necessary in order to find the middle ground. And that middle ground is exactly where we want to be. That balance of Truth and Love is what the Church needs to find.

One last thing. Jesus Christ did not only "tolerate" the sinners. He accepted them as they came, and allowed them to be changed through His love. He would definitely free someone just to have them keep on sinning, because that's what He did for all of us. He forgave us and will keep on forgiving us. He are not saved through right or wrong acts. We are saved by His grace, and do right acts in response to this, as a way of showing our gratitude.

Okay, I think that I covered everything I wanted to. I just hope that that made sense. If you have any questions, go ahead.