VisionaryHeathen

Having the feeling of God's love

Hello, I just wanted to put forward a point I think many have experienced, being able to feel the happiness from your God in a way it makes your life better, or in fact you don't feel it at all, I know this includes doubt, being un-motivated, angry or even confused with the way this feeling is meant to be felt. In a way I am an agnostic but I still have a faith in the possibility of a God/God's existing in our universe/multiverse/dimensions and bubble universes with new laws of many kinds, but that's not what I'm asking, I want to know how it all starts, obviously accepting Jesus, reading your bible and being faithful for your God's creation, but that feeling of joy and happiness at church isn't there for me, I get my happiness from meeting up with my friends and instead of going to church I go to my gf's usually, she brings me the best joy and happiness anyone could give me, she is like a gift from god, my faith is in humanity and I want to ask, if you don't feel right with God yet is that an issue?, is it so bad to not follow or read his book?, if you are happy, help others, get a job, make a family, plan out your own life in a way nobody is being affected is a God really required?, I mean the two best parts of the bible are "treat your neighbour as how you would want to be treated" and "God helps them who help's themselves" It's hard for me to find the right church but I always find the right people to make my life worth living, I'm sure others can relate, thanks for reading this.

To answer your question for us Christian God is required because he is the only one that can bring us joy and bring us peace when we are going through troubles. and I can relate to this also because there are time when we try to find happyness from people and other things but in reality not all those things makes us happy. I mean we need God. Without God we are nothing. 

On 10/11/2016 at 10:55 PM, VisionaryHeathen said:

"God helps them who help's themselves"

I'm terrible at giving advice and probably can't help you with much, but I'll throw out there that this isn't actually in the Bible, and in fact contradicts the Biblical view that God is merciful. In mercy God helps those who are unable and unwilling to help themselves before they even want Him to.

I can give advise but it all depends on what situation you´ŕe in.

4 hours ago, Michi said:

I can give advise but it all depends on what situation you´ŕe in.

I'm not in any situation, I was generally talking about the evolution of this feeling and relationship, if that makes sense?

5 hours ago, Nicene Nerd said:

I'm terrible at giving advice and probably can't help you with much, but I'll throw out there that this isn't actually in the Bible, and in fact contradicts the Biblical view that God is merciful. In mercy God helps those who are unable and unwilling to help themselves before they even want Him to.

Sorry my mistake, I should have said that this was just a general quote I like to hear from time to time, but if you can't give advice then that's ok.

1 hour ago, VisionaryHeathen said:

I'm not in any situation, I was generally talking about the evolution of this feeling and relationship, if that makes sense?

i know i caught what you said

The thing is, although many Christian's experience a feeling of peace when they accept Christ, following Christ is not about the 'feeling' of being close to God. Sometimes people have a strong emotional tie to God, sometimes it's more like a commitment and then continued effort. A commitment to a way of being. 

4 minutes ago, Marley said:

The thing is, although many Christian's experience a feeling of peace when they accept Christ, following Christ is not about the 'feeling' of being close to God. Sometimes people have a strong emotional tie to God, sometimes it's more like a commitment and then continued effort. A commitment to a way of being. 

Ok, thank you.

No problem! It's a pretty common thing that Christians, especially young Christians, get confused about. The emotional experience is something that often gets people involved with Christ in the first place, but Christianity is more than just warm fuzzies. If you're really wanted to grow your relationship with God (keeping in mind that you may not neccesarily "feel" closer) I'd really suggest reading your bible. Start with the gosepels, and go from there.  You could also try different church communities and see if there's one you jive with. 

Another great way to get to know Christ is to serve others. Christ calls us to see him in the poor, the sick, the needy. Volunteering or even just making a point to do something nice for someone in need is great whether or not you really think of yourself as a Christian atm. :)

Being a Christian isn't about a feeling, it's more about a lifestyle. I know and know of too many people who have left churches and missions organizations because they were, "No longer feeling God like they used to." Just like some Christians speak in tongues or prophesy while some Christians don't, not every Christian has some warm feeling in them when they accept Christ. I've seen it different for different people, so just because one person has some experience doesn't mean that you will have that same experience. For me I feel the best- or get my "Jesus high" as some like to call it- when I get really into worship, or sometimes when I'm sharing God with friends who don't know Him. I think my point is to not rely on a feeling or a single sign; remember all of us together make up the body of Christ, but each part of the body is unique.

8 hours ago, FOX545 said:

Being a Christian isn't about a feeling, it's more about a lifestyle. I know and know of too many people who have left churches and missions organizations because they were, "No longer feeling God like they used to." Just like some Christians speak in tongues or prophesy while some Christians don't, not every Christian has some warm feeling in them when they accept Christ. I've seen it different for different people, so just because one person has some experience doesn't mean that you will have that same experience. For me I feel the best- or get my "Jesus high" as some like to call it- when I get really into worship, or sometimes when I'm sharing God with friends who don't know Him. I think my point is to not rely on a feeling or a single sign; remember all of us together make up the body of Christ, but each part of the body is unique.

I agree with you