RebekahP

I want to leave school

I hate school. I find that the rest of my year know that I am a Christian but that I don't act in a very Christian way at he moment. I have had a nervous breakdown because of the pressure to do well in my GCSE's and over react to everything. I know it's wrong but I get so stressed out that I walk out of class and so I have decided I don't want to be in school. The other day I refuse to get the bus into school and so my mum drove me in and I refused to get out the car and people had to come out the school to get me out of the car. I am not proud but I don't know how to break the cycle and find school positive.

Any advice?

I understand how you feel! I'm also doing my GCSEs at the en dog this year and being the only Christian in my year group makes me feel isolated at times! People expect you to only ever think about God and to bring Him up all the time and it agitates me greatly when I do not live up to these standards others set for me!! 

But you can't let this get you down! In need to find a passion in school that makes you want to go! It could be a club, a society or having a leadership role! I found my passion last year for music (I've always loved it but never took it really seriously) and now I have a close group of friends who also participate in the music clubs I am a part of. Remember that at the end of the day, the stress you are feeling now is only short term for a long term of opportunity if you succeed! 

Pray that God will alleviate some of your stress and instead put all your frustrations into trying your best. 

Music_girl's advice is good, but if your level of stress and anxiety is so high that you're having difficulty attending class I'd consider talking to a school counselor about your difficulties. You may benefit from learning some stress reduction strategies. 

Yeah Music Girl's advice is good. Also think beyond the present to the future and the repercussions of dropping out of school. It will make it so much harder to get a good job and make a steady living. I'd recommend getting involved in something academically which you genuinely enjoy- that's what I did, I got involved in robotics and band and it's made my schooling much more enjoyable. Also try to find friends, or older and wiser people you can trust and talk it through with them.

I can relate to you because me being the only Christian in my school is tough. I get really bad anxiety attacks sometimes when I am in school. But you should talk to your guidence counsler to talk about your issue. talk to your parents of being home schooled.