Michi

It is tough to talk to people

I just need advise from someone. I have social anxiety and when ever i am around people i get really anxious. I use to get bullied alot when i was little and me and people don´t get along. I have social issues. The problem is that when ever someone wants to talk to me I tend to push them away. I tend to get angry when ever i meet people. I try my best to make friends but it is really hard for me and i don´t know what to do bc my parents and siblings gets angry at me for it. I just need someone to help with this.

I totally get you like it is tough but you have done the best thing... realised you struggle and asked for help. The best thing to do is probably to try and connect with one person who you feel really gets you and start small. Overnight you aren't going to find it easy but it will start to change. Also other people are accountable for not being inclusive, because they should understand some people find social situations hard. Pray that the Father will pt someone in your life who you connect with for he WILL provide! x

I do not believe this is something that people on an online forum can help you with. This is a serious anxiety issue that has resulted from traumatic experiences that you are transferring to every new situation you encounter. You are preemptively striking out at them before they can strike out at you. If your school has counseling, I suggest making yourself available to it, because they should be able to help you better than anyone only can. While I know something about psychology and psychoanalysis, nothing I can give you would be able to match what real counseling can do for you.

I deal with the same thing, but if you really think of it don't accept it as "social anxiety" because when you were born you didn't have that what you call it. I think the best advice I can give you is to sit in class and learn to not be self-cautious, take tiny steps to step out of your shell. Raise your hand for a question so that way you can learn to be use to yourself talking more. and push yourself to say Hi to other people even if you don't feel like it. Then after that find someone you generally feel comfortable with and instead of thinking about a bunch of stuff to beat yourslef up with or worry about when the conversation will end, engage yourself in it and learn to be you :)

-i struggle with this and I know its not easy so i hope these tiny steps will help, don't make it a serious problem imagine it as a small problem you can overcome :D 

and another thing if you say hi to someone and they look at you weird or frown don't let that intimidate you, keep doing so and soon you'll find it easier to talk. It'll take time

Edited by MandySCOtt

On 10/23/2016 at 0:23 PM, MandySCOtt said:

I deal with the same thing, but if you really think of it don't accept it as "social anxiety" because when you were born you didn't have that what you call it. I think the best advice I can give you is to sit in class and learn to not be self-cautious, take tiny steps to step out of your shell. Raise your hand for a question so that way you can learn to be use to yourself talking more. and push yourself to say Hi to other people even if you don't feel like it. Then after that find someone you generally feel comfortable with and instead of thinking about a bunch of stuff to beat yourslef up with or worry about when the conversation will end, engage yourself in it and learn to be you :)

-i struggle with this and I know its not easy so i hope these tiny steps will help, don't make it a serious problem imagine it as a small problem you can overcome :D 

and another thing if you say hi to someone and they look at you weird or frown don't let that intimidate you, keep doing so and soon you'll find it easier to talk. It'll take time

MandySCOtt that is really good advice! I also struggle with this and that really helped.

14 hours ago, Blueice88 said:

MandySCOtt that is really good advice! I also struggle with this and that really helped.

No problem , I'm so glad this helped you :D

I am trying my best to socialize but it still not working. Last year my mom had called the guidence office saying that i am having social issues and it is becoming worse for me. I tend to be mean to people sometimes and push them away when ever they try to talk to me. I honestly tried to socialize and i tried to make friends but its not working out. In my church i have some youth friends but they seem not interested in me. THey talk to me sometimes but then most of the time they tend to ignore me. I just don´t know what to do with my self tbh.