Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Gabrielsik

I can't overcome sin :(

Hello, guys. I am 19 and i was born in a Christian home, my mom taught me, since i was a child about Jesus and everything, but as i was growing i realized that i was attracted to Men, even though i knew it was wrong. I starter to fight against it, throughout  all my Life. When i turned 15, things starter to be harder, because hormones and stuff.. but i always loved god and my mom, i couldnt betray them, by being with a boy. So until today i Live like two lifes, one with my family and Church, and another when i'm um College. It awful. Even though i had those feelings when i was Younger, i had a close relation to God. But now, i am almost givin up, because it's so hard to fight against it. So many opportunities in college, for me to sin. Só many bad influencia, i am turning myself into a reckless person about god, i am not "afraid"( i coundt find the right word) of God anymore. It's almost like i am not caring. I dont wanna be this way. I wanna change.  How can i overcome these feelings? I know they are wrong, i dont wanna to fell them, should i get help from someone?( My mom would be so sad if she knew, even though i am willing to change). Sorry for my english, not a native speaker.

Edited by Gabrielsik
Forgot something.

To overcome those feelings you have to fast and pray alot. I know its hard to overcome those feelings that you have for boys. I can relate to you bc i use to be bisexual.I use to have feelings for girls and everyday my love for girls grew stronger and stronger and i was battling to over come it. You can overcome it, it won't be easy. The next day you can't just change your feelings for boys. But it takes time. I took me almost 3 years to overcome my sin and for the glory of God I am free from this sin. Don't worry okay? God will help you overcome it.

Edited by Michi

The very fact that you want to change is a sign of God's grace towards you- keep reading His word  (you can start with Romans, John) and pray for the holy spirit to overcome your hardness with the sweetness of the Gospel- that we are more sinful than we could ever imagine, but we are more loved in Christ Jesus than we ever thought possible. 

Listen:-

1. John Piper (desiringgod.org)

2. Tim Keller (youtube) 

These are good resources that can help you get started to connect with the Bible. 

Hey Gabriel Sorry for responding pretty late but there is always a way to overcome a problem, (pray) 

and know that in your heart that you don't like men, that its just a manipulation. that's gone in your mind

I dont want to say your feelings arent true, but i'm saying it could be that.

the mind is a powerful thing once you give in to the idea of liking men then thats what you become. I'd suggest you tell someone close to you so they can pray about this problem (I really think you can overcome this )

-Mandy :D

also a way to confess to someone of what your dealing with is to write down exactly how you're feeling then hand the note to your mom or dad or someone close to you without thinking

Dont have second thoughts. (second thoughts about doing the right thing is common especially something like this where your exposing yourself as to what your dealing with, but just take it step by step)

keeping things from your family and friends is something that can really hurt a relationship

and i learned from experience and used this way to confess to my mom and dad what i had done and after that I felt happy that i no longer carried a secret and that they knew me in every way. 

once you get that over with ask for their prayers and you can share your burdens with loved ones :) 

On 05/02/2017 at 1:10 PM, MandySCOtt said:

Hey Gabriel Sorry for responding pretty late but there is always a way to overcome a problem, (pray) 

and know that in your heart that you don't like men, that its just a manipulation. that's gone in your mind

I dont want to say your feelings arent true, but i'm saying it could be that.

the mind is a powerful thing once you give in to the idea of liking men then thats what you become. I'd suggest you tell someone close to you so they can pray about this problem (I really think you can overcome this )

-Mandy :D

Mandy, I thought about telling them many times. But i give up everytime. My mom despites everyone that is gay, so if i tell her that i got these feelings, she would go insane, and she has so much problems to solve, i can not drop this on her like that, she would suffer so much. I think that God wants me to go through this by myself, that He belives that i overcome strengthened in Him. And what is still hard for me to deal with are my friends. Because none of them are christians, and they don't get this. They just tell me i am insane to think that God can heal someone like that, and i know that they are wrong, i need to get away from them. At least for a while, so that i can focus on my healing towards God. 

Thanks for the help, God bless you.

Hi. The best way to resolve this issue is to renew your mind with God's word. There is no tool more powerful than His Word,and I'm speaking from experience.

Spend time with God every day,reading your Bible and praying. And of course, keep the right company. Even if you can't find any Christian fellowship for now, you'd realize as you fellowship with God that He is enough for everything.

6 hours ago, Gabrielsik said:

Mandy, I thought about telling them many times. But i give up everytime. My mom despites everyone that is gay, so if i tell her that i got these feelings, she would go insane, and she has so much problems to solve, i can not drop this on her like that, she would suffer so much. I think that God wants me to go through this by myself, that He belives that i overcome strengthened in Him. And what is still hard for me to deal with are my friends. Because none of them are christians, and they don't get this. They just tell me i am insane to think that God can heal someone like that, and i know that they are wrong, i need to get away from them. At least for a while, so that i can focus on my healing towards God. 

Thanks for the help, God bless you.

Oh, well i hope God can help you with this. 

:)

ill pray for you too :D