Nicene Nerd

Exactly How Can Trump Make America Great Again?

This is a simple question for anyone planning to vote for Donald Trump. It has three simple parts:

1. What specific things do you expect Trump to do to benefit this country?
  2. How exactly will these things benefit the country?
  3. How will he actually accomplish these things?

Please note: No tangents about Hillary Clinton will be allowed in this thread. She is completely irrelevant to this discussion. First person to mention her will have their post removed, and going any further will result in this thread being closed.

While generally I intend to vote for a 3rd Party Candidate, I still think Trump would be better than the alternative if we were to follow the two party system.

Currently, this system is not really working. Or at least, this system is destroying the sense of freedom we once had with political correctness. Donald Trump may be a really crappy human, but you know exactly who and what he is. No lies coming from that mouth.

I think it will be beneficial of him to reform some of the system as he plans. Obamacare is NOT working as it is and he intends to repeal it. I do not think Common Core is working very well and generally he wants to rework public education which is a plus from my end. He wants to do something about the illegal immigrants that are problematic. Someone finally spoke honestly about Black Lives Matter and said what we need is LAW AND ORDER. I 100% agree.

I admit, I have not been the type to advocate for gun rights, but some recent things have changed my viewpoint of this once chosen standpoint. For one, we are not going to prevent those who want to use guns for illegal uses from getting them. If we cannot keep them away from the criminals, why should we punish those who use them justly? Different perspective here. I also live in a state that is fairly gun happy, and not bragging here, but I notice a lot less crimes violent crimes happen here than in other places. This could just be my state, or the fact that when the clown stuff came here the police said we can use weapons and force. The clowns disappeared fast, I'll tell you that.

Another thing is Trump speaks of working to bring jobs back to our country. I think this is pretty important. Most of the jobs were being sent overseas because foreigners could do them for a cheaper wage. It's actually kind of sad and generally shows how greedy companies can be. But that isn't part of this soz...

How these perspectives will benefit us? Well. We can go in a new direction. If one thing isn't working, usually it is better to try something new. If it doesn't work, we could always impeach him or the four years WILL be up eventually. There won't be a lot of lies with Trump, he's gonna say it like it is. Obamacare won't be burdening people anymore. The currently struggling education system can be reviewed and reworked. Illegal immigrants will be sent back where they belong, home. Of course give them the option to come back LEGALLY. LAW AND ORDER, something we need a lot of right now. This will fix some of these riots over nothing happening at the moment... If Trump can actually bring the jobs back to America, he will greatly help the economy.

Now how ANY of these parties will do ANYTHING they claim they are going to do? A bit more foreign to me.

10 hours ago, Jesusismyticket said:

While generally I intend to vote for a 3rd Party Candidate, I still think Trump would be better than the alternative if we were to follow the two party system.

Currently, this system is not really working. Or at least, this system is destroying the sense of freedom we once had with political correctness. Donald Trump may be a really crappy human, but you know exactly who and what he is. No lies coming from that mouth.

I think it will be beneficial of him to reform some of the system as he plans. Obamacare is NOT working as it is and he intends to repeal it. I do not think Common Core is working very well and generally he wants to rework public education which is a plus from my end. He wants to do something about the illegal immigrants that are problematic. Someone finally spoke honestly about Black Lives Matter and said what we need is LAW AND ORDER. I 100% agree.

I admit, I have not been the type to advocate for gun rights, but some recent things have changed my viewpoint of this once chosen standpoint. For one, we are not going to prevent those who want to use guns for illegal uses from getting them. If we cannot keep them away from the criminals, why should we punish those who use them justly? Different perspective here. I also live in a state that is fairly gun happy, and not bragging here, but I notice a lot less crimes violent crimes happen here than in other places. This could just be my state, or the fact that when the clown stuff came here the police said we can use weapons and force. The clowns disappeared fast, I'll tell you that.

Another thing is Trump speaks of working to bring jobs back to our country. I think this is pretty important. Most of the jobs were being sent overseas because foreigners could do them for a cheaper wage. It's actually kind of sad and generally shows how greedy companies can be. But that isn't part of this soz...

How these perspectives will benefit us? Well. We can go in a new direction. If one thing isn't working, usually it is better to try something new. If it doesn't work, we could always impeach him or the four years WILL be up eventually. There won't be a lot of lies with Trump, he's gonna say it like it is. Obamacare won't be burdening people anymore. The currently struggling education system can be reviewed and reworked. Illegal immigrants will be sent back where they belong, home. Of course give them the option to come back LEGALLY. LAW AND ORDER, something we need a lot of right now. This will fix some of these riots over nothing happening at the moment... If Trump can actually bring the jobs back to America, he will greatly help the economy.

Now how ANY of these parties will do ANYTHING they claim they are going to do? A bit more foreign to me.

1. In regards to the broken system and political correctness, I think Trump is somewhat useful but ultimately does more harm than good. If the replacement for PC Trump offers is obscenity and careless slander, I'd rather have PC. Also, where does the "No lies coming from that mouth?" come from? Trump has loads of documented lies. He lies constantly, seamlessly interweaving truth and falsehood. He lies so much I'm not sure he still knows the difference between truth and lie.
  2. I don't think Trump can repeal ObamaCare even if he cares enough to try.
  3. I don't think any of Trump's plans for immigration will actually solve any problems. Could you be more specific?
  4. Taking a stand against #BlackLivesMatter was a bad idea. I don't agree with the movement in many ways, but I don't think picking the other side is right. Both sides need to be heard for their complaints and rebuked for their errors.
  5. How specifically will Trump support law and order? What will he do? Will these plans work? And will they get in the way of necessary criminal justice reforms?
  6. The gun thing doesn't bother me because I don't think anyone else would actually take steps that significantly impact gun rights.
  7. How specifically will Trump bring jobs back? That detail is hugely important. Also, it is unclear whether bringing back low-skill, low-pay manufacturing jobs is really the boost America needs.
  8. "There won't be a lot of lies with Trump"? How can you suggest that? He has lied his way through the whole campaign.

1. The gun thing doesn't bother me because I don't think Clinton or anyone else will actually take steps that significantly impact gun rights.

Please note: No tangents about Hillary Clinton will be allowed in this thread. She is completely irrelevant to this discussion. First person to mention her will have their post removed, and going any further will result in this thread being closed.

Hm, I expect you to be a good and fair moderator and deal with this problem in the manner in which you originally posted. I don't recall any exceptions to the very limiting restrictions you originally set for this thread.

Who makes a thread about a political candidate but bans people from talking about the other in that same thread? idk but rules are rules and they should be enforced equally. 

Edited by PlasmaHam

6 hours ago, PlasmaHam said:

Hm, I expect you to be a good and fair moderator and deal with this problem in the manner in which you originally posted. I don't recall any exceptions to the very limiting restrictions you originally set for this thread.

Who makes a thread about a political candidate but bans people from talking about the other in that same thread? idk but rules are rules and they should be enforced equally. 

My mistake, I lost track a bit. I've edited my post.

I really don´t want Donald Trump be president and also his plan to make America great again isn´t exactly going to be great. there are somethings that he have been saying in the debates that had me thinking for a long time.

"How can Donald Trump make America great again?"
Well, he can start by leaving the country. :P

I have many questions for Trump supporters. After the stuff he's said about women all throughout the campaign ( "If you're famous, you can just grab them by the _____!" and implications of a woman being "too ugly" for him to even consider doing things with, etc.) how do other women justify a vote for Trump?  I support the G.O.P platform, but with Trump as it's head, a third party sounds wonderful.

Trump is basically crazy; he's uncontrolled, crass, violent, (owns a strip club) and frankly is mentally unstable; I really don't want to see him as president. XP

He can't and won't, the end. 

For better or worse, I just do not think he will win the election. He would have to pick up Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, and the third district of Maine. None of those are optional — he needs all of them. And I just don't see how he would get there, considering the polling trend lines and the fact that early voting has been going on for weeks now. 

2 hours ago, curryjacket said:

He can't and won't, the end. 

For better or worse, I just do not think he will win the election. He would have to pick up Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, and the third district of Maine. None of those are optional — he needs all of them. And I just don't see how he would get there, considering the polling trend lines and the fact that early voting has been going on for weeks now. 

Early voting in my area, a NC district, just began yesterday And polling trends do seem to show Trump getting considerably closer with ______, with the national lead down to 3 points instead of the nearly 8 points earlier this month. I guess we can accredit much of that towards the Project Veritas tapes, Wikileaks, and the continuing Obamacare death spiral. And things don't look too much better for the ______  campaign, with even the liberal news media bashing "Bill _______ Inc" in the last few days. So I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.

I have many questions for Trump supporters. After the stuff he's said about women all throughout the campaign ( "If you're famous, you can just grab them by the _____!" and implications of a woman being "too ugly" for him to even consider doing things with, etc.) how do other women justify a vote for Trump?  I support the G.O.P platform, but with Trump as it's head, a third party sounds wonderful.

As I have stated numerous times, neither candidate has any real claims on being moral. But would you honestly prefer Clinton(every one else is using the name) over Trump? Let's be honest, the Third party candidates had a chance to really excel this year, but Johnson keeps making mistake after mistake, and Stein is basically an environmental nazi. Neither of them even gained enough support to even gain a debate place, do you honestly expect them to have a fighting chance in this election? No, they don't. Now I know where you are coming from, you are someone who believe's that you should always vote by morals. But have you considered that the moral thing is not the action itself, but what that action causes? If your lack of a vote allows the greater of two evils to win, is that moral? Often times inaction is worse than action. If someone came up to you and threatened to kill both of your children unless you specifically chose one to die, what would you do? Would you take inaction to avoid doing a personal moral wrong, only to result in two deaths? Or would you take action even though you believe it immoral, but save a life? Think on that. 

Wow, that got dark. Anyways... during the writing of this post I literally got a pre-recorded call over the house phone to vote Trump:razz:

33 minutes ago, PlasmaHam said:

Early voting in my area, a NC district, just began yesterday And polling trends do seem to show Trump getting considerably closer with ______, with the national lead down to 3 points instead of the nearly 8 points earlier this month. I guess we can accredit much of that towards the Project Veritas tapes, Wikileaks, and the continuing Obamacare death spiral. And things don't look too much better for the ______  campaign, with even the liberal news media bashing "Bill _______ Inc" in the last few days. So I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.

As I have stated numerous times, neither candidate has any real claims on being moral. But would you honestly prefer Clinton(every one else is using the name) over Trump?

@PlasmaHam I want to clarify my Clinton rule. The whole point of it was to judge Trump purely on his own (de)merits, and not by comparison to Clinton, which is the only argument I've heard for him. (Also, "Every one else is using the name" simply isn't true. So far I'm the only one who said her name, and then by accident which I edited and removed.)

33 minutes ago, PlasmaHam said:

But have you considered that the moral thing is not the action itself, but what that action causes? If your lack of a vote allows the greater of two evils to win, is that moral? Often times inaction is worse than action. If someone came up to you and threatened to kill both of your children unless you specifically chose one to die, what would you do? Would you take inaction to avoid doing a personal moral wrong, only to result in two deaths? Or would you take action even though you believe it immoral, but save a life? Think on that. 

This just sounds like another way of saying "the ends justify the means," which is a profoundly unchristian notion. Refusing to perform a bad action, even if it leads to bad results, is morally preferable to performing a bad action, even if it leads to good results. Christians can't just say that the ends justify the means. You should not perform any truly and intrinsically immoral act even to save a life. And ultimately, this is the entire argument I was trying to bypass by creating the Clinton rule. Whether Clinton is worse or better than Trump is irrelevant to whether Trump is in any way a good or even acceptable candidate.

But my question for you is this: what about Trump makes you think he would be anything less than an utter disaster? And for that matter, how can a candidate as radically immoral and incompetent as Trump lead to any good results? Up until last year, evangelical Christian conservatives unanimously agreed that character was essential to public leadership. The Southern Baptist Convention even passed a resolution about it in the wake of Bill Clinton's impeachment scandal.

1 hour ago, PlasmaHam said:

As I have stated numerous times, neither candidate has any real claims on being moral. But would you honestly prefer Clinton(every one else is using the name) over Trump? Let's be honest, the Third party candidates had a chance to really excel this year, but Johnson keeps making mistake after mistake, and Stein is basically an environmental nazi. Neither of them even gained enough support to even gain a debate place, do you honestly expect them to have a fighting chance in this election? No, they don't. Now I know where you are coming from, you are someone who believe's that you should always vote by morals. But have you considered that the moral thing is not the action itself, but what that action causes? If your lack of a vote allows the greater of two evils to win, is that moral? Often times inaction is worse than action. If someone came up to you and threatened to kill both of your children unless you specifically chose one to die, what would you do? Would you take inaction to avoid doing a personal moral wrong, only to result in two deaths? Or would you take action even though you believe it immoral, but save a life? Think on that. 

Wow, that got dark. Anyways... during the writing of this post I literally got a pre-recorded call over the house phone to vote Trump:razz:

Not 'counting my chickens', just using basic electoral math. Not saying he can't win- but he WILL have to run the table on Election Day. He could take Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Iowa, and Nevada but lose NH and lose the race in a nail-biter. And considering how woefully mismanaged his ground game is in comparison to the Clinton machine, I just don't see him winning. 

Also, the lead you're stating is from the recent FOX poll. I've seen others that have Clinton's lead at 9 and 12 points- but I don't think her lead is that wide. I suspect the race, as it stands right now, shows Clinton with a 5 or 6 point lead. Support isn't going from her to Trump; we are seeing third and fourth party support bleed out and go to the major candidates. 

Edited by curryjacket