Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mirka_15

I have clinical depression... please pray for me to get better

On 1/3/2017 at 4:40 AM, VisionaryHeathen said:

Why are you depressed firstly?, here's the thing, prayer doesn't always work, but maybe people can help you out eh?

I'd like to give a fair respect here.

Depression does not always come with a known reason

On 24/01/2017 at 11:04 PM, Jesusismyticket said:

I'd like to give a fair respect here.

Depression does not always come with a known reason

Well most of the time it does, depression is a consumption which can be escaped from.

11 minutes ago, VisionaryHeathen said:

Well most of the time it does, depression is a consumption which can be escaped from.

I hate to break it to you but that is not always the case. There is a difference between emotionally depressed like sadness and actual diagnosed depression which often involves an imbalance and lack of serotonin in the brain. There is some people with happy lives who suffer from depression. There is people who go through traumatic events and develop depression, but even so, I wouldn't exactly say that is easy to escape from. You speak like someone can just snap out of depression and it isn't so.

On 26/01/2017 at 2:20 AM, Jesusismyticket said:

I hate to break it to you but that is not always the case. There is a difference between emotionally depressed like sadness and actual diagnosed depression which often involves an imbalance and lack of serotonin in the brain. There is some people with happy lives who suffer from depression. There is people who go through traumatic events and develop depression, but even so, I wouldn't exactly say that is easy to escape from. You speak like someone can just snap out of depression and it isn't so.

Honestly that sounds more like an excuse to dwell on something you cannot escape from, the point i'm making here is this person just want's attention, I have spokden to many with bipolar and have suffered with depression for years, I still do myself actually and I find happiness in helping others by giving them another perspective and for the majority of the time it works, I have been close to suicide more times than I can count but I still carry on with the simple factor that is there are always others out there who can give me another reason to live, so much to explore and maybe by the end of it all, once I have done everything and I am still sad or depressed then i suppose i'll just die, i'm not going to live as long anyway due to my diabetes and bipolar, but I ws at a point where it became so bad that it did consume me and it detroyed everyon around me because at the time i couldn't do anything, so i just asked for help, didn't do anything but i did learn something, what makes us depressed we cannot always see so we need to find something else which can give us another better purpose, besides god but with in the life we have.