Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Yoda

Trump is the new US President

33 posts in this topic

So it's official... Donald Trump has won the 2016 Presidential election.

DONALD Trump has been elected the 45th president of the United States.

Mr Trump, 70, defeated former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, 69, after she conceded defeat in a phone call.

The billionaire real estate mogul will make history as the first person to enter the top job with no prior experience in public office or at high levels of the military.

Addressing a large gathering of supporters, Donald Trump said he congratulated his opponent and her family on their hard-fought campaign.

“Now it’s time for America to bind the wounds of division,” he said. “We have to get together. To all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say, it is time for us to come together as one united people.

“It’s time. I pledge to every citizen of our land that I will be President for all Americans and this is so important to me.

“For those who have chosen not to support me in the past — of which there were a few people... I’m reaching out to you for your guidance and your help, so that we can work together and unify our great country.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/donald-trump-has-been-elected-45th-president-of-the-united-states/news-story/6fe9f94e46f0a9a96ee21ec89ad42da0

Ok, I know this show doesn't exactly model Christian values, but apparently the Simpsons predicted this 16 years ago. It was a joke, but here it is, our reality 16 years later. 

woot_jump.gifusflag.gif

YES! Even though I'm not a huge Trump supporter, I am extremely glad he won. Anything would be better than Clinton Administration 2.0.

The Republicans now basically control all three branches of the Federal government, which is in my opinion good news. 

Edited by PlasmaHam

I was pleasantly surprised by Trump's victory speech. Very measured and calm. 

Mind you, I've heard the first part of it... 

Hopefully it's a sign of what's to come. 

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

I was pleasantly surprised by Trump's victory speech. Very measured and calm. 

Mind you, I've heard the first part of it... 

Hopefully it's a sign of what's to come. 

Yeah i saw his speech he semed normalwhich he isn't :D

Honestly, when I got into the voting booth I couldn't vote Trump, but I give him the benefit of my doubts. I hope his run truly is about reuniting, because I think his entire campaign was built on hate.

I honestly don't think his campaign was built on hate. The media blew almost everything he said out of proportion. I am glad that he is our new President. Even though it's a little nerve racking (nervewracking? nerve-wracking?) to have someone at the head of our government who has never had experience in the field before, it means that he is not as biased as others. I believe that he will stick to his word and he has many great plans that will improve and stabilize our country. Like my Physics teacher said today, I think that out of all of the degrees a president of the U.S. could hold other than ones dealing with government is one in finance (Donald Trump has a Bachelor's degree in Finance). I am not old enough to vote, but still paid attention. In fact, I was torn for a while between Democratic and Republican for this election, but once I really started to pay attention to what was happening behind the scenes, I found I could not bring myself to support Clinton. She has too much evil on her record. I am holding out my hope—and expectation—that Trump will make a good president. After all, he does have a Republican senate and jury to support him (did I say that right? Meaning Republican judicial and legislative branches).

Hopeful y this is a step in the right direction for America. But hey....he may make America do a 180 in the right direction. 

23 minutes ago, Crosses said:

Hopeful y this is a step in the right direction for America. But hey....he may make America do a 180 in the right direction. 

Just because it's a different direction, even the opposite direction, doesn't mean it's the right one. There are lots of wrong directions; Trump's just going to use a different one than Clinton.

5 minutes ago, Nicene Nerd said:

Just because it's a different direction, even the opposite direction, doesn't mean it's the right one. There are lots of wrong directions; Trump's just going to use a different one than Clinton.

Your pessimism is really starting to annoy me. Would you have rather Clinton won? This is a victory whether you want to admit it or not. We can argue on the scale, but this is a victory for Biblical Christian values if you look at everything else in America.

How about instead of spreading needless negatively over a candidate everyone is well aware is not a moral man, how about you pray for that man? And ask others to pray too? Here are a few verses if you don't understand:

II Chronicles 7:14,"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Jeremiah 29:7,"And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the Lord for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace."

1 Timothy 2:1-2,"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;  For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."

Trump can do very many God things for Christianity, just like Cyrus did for the Jews. And like Cyrus, neither needed to be great moral leaders for God to use to advance his kingdom.

However, we as Christians must not go sulk around spreading negativity. We had two bad choices, and regardless of which one won, we need to pray for them. We need to support Trump, we need to help him become a better man. Because we are going to have to deal with at-least 4 years of him. I feel that Trump has the potential to be a great leader and to help Christianity, but we as Christians must be at the forefront, not spreading negatively, but the hope that all things work out for good. 

I've been praying for Trump and will continue to, but I can't be convinced he's beneficial to Christianity in any way. He's a Herod, not a Cyrus. I believe that Trump is in office because God wants to use him to judge our country, not to help us or make us great again.

You know who was told by others among God's people to "stop spreading negativity," by the way? The prophet Jeremiah when he warned of God's impending judgment on Israel.

1 hour ago, Jesusismyticket said:

Plasma, I find it hard to be optimistic about either one.

Whichever direction it is, I think America is screwed.

I don't blame you, but spreading unfounded negativity is not the answer either.

I believe that we should sit and wait to see what he is going to do. We can't just keep sitting here and think negativity. I believe that we should at least we should give him a chance. Either voting for both candidates America is either way screwed. 

On 11/9/2016 at 5:57 AM, noelKt5 said:

Ok, I know this show doesn't exactly model Christian values, but apparently the Simpsons predicted this 16 years ago. It was a joke, but here it is, our reality 16 years later. 

"don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!" 

:P

I'm actually okay with this. I typically vote GOP. As a human being, Trump makes me sick with his comments about women, his ability to speak like a 3rd grade bully, and basically everything else he is. I voted 3rd party for president but I've really nothing against the GOP platform at all. So, I repeat TRUMP SUCKS... but the platform is okay. 

I was really shocked that Hillary DIDN'T win. given her sketchy past, I'm glad she didn't win, but I'm surprised nonetheless. 

Had some Hispanic students crying in class yesterday because they were afraid they would have to "leave America." 

Anyway, Trump's election is a disaster for political culture in this country, but assuming Trump's foreign policy isn't apocalyptically destabilizing, we shall overcome. Social justice has met with worse setbacks.

As for the Christian right, it has signed on with the devil, and I expect it to suffer the consequences.

Edited by Chris-M

My parents and my siblings are afraid of Donald Trump bc of what he basically said about hispanics. my sister voted for Trump which made my parents and i angry. She just deny her faith in christ. Trump and Clinton both talked bad about christians....

10 hours ago, Michi said:

Trump and Clinton both talked bad about christians....

At least Mike Pence is decidedly a Christian

5 hours ago, Bladesinger said:

Regardless, he has incredibly dangerous, hawkish foreign policy that would endanger countless lives if he ever inherited the Presidency.

7 hours ago, Bladesinger said:

Well, i didn't know that Mike pence is christian. If he was he would of just kind of not be a trumps side.

18 hours ago, Michi said:

My parents and my siblings are afraid of Donald Trump bc of what he basically said about hispanics. my sister voted for Trump which made my parents and i angry. She just deny her faith in christ. Trump and Clinton both talked bad about christians....

I'd show caution before saying that supporting X meant denying one's faith in Christ.

Trump has a lot of outlandish ideas but I doubt he'll do anything with them. He'll be all talk and no action. His supporters want dramatic changes but I'd be surprised if he delivers. I think they'll be disappointed. 

Funny you speak that Michi, my parents were the opposite way. My grandfather said you couldn't be a christian and vote for Hillary.

I think the reality is neither of them are good for christianity.