Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Yoda

Trump is the new US President

33 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, Jesusismyticket said:

Funny you speak that Michi, my parents were the opposite way. My grandfather said you couldn't be a christian and vote for Hillary.

I think the reality is neither of them are good for christianity.

Yeah niether trump nor hillary are good for christianity.

The Christian right had the choice of backing someone who talked about sexually assaulting women or backing someone who supports abortion rights that are radical even for the present age. They had no good choices.

However, a movement more concerned about its conscience than political power would have abstained and protested. Instead, the RR threw all of their energy into pretending that Trump was an acceptable candidate in order to cling to what they perceive as waning political power. While I understand why they would do this, it...doesn't reflect well on them, to me.

Edited by Chris-M

5 minutes ago, Chris-M said:

The Christian right had the choice of backing someone who talked about sexually assaulting women or backing someone who supports abortion rights that are radical even for the present age. They had no good choices.

However, a movement more concerned about its conscience than political power would have abstained and protested. Instead, the RR threw all of their energy into pretending that Trump was an acceptable candidate in order to cling to what they perceive as waning political power. While I understand why they would do this, it...doesn't reflect well on them, to me.

You are the wind beneath my wings.

neither candidates has right choice... people had to vvote for one of them bc they didn't have choice.

22 minutes ago, Michi said:

neither candidates has right choice... people had to vvote for one of them bc they didn't have choice.

You always have a choice. People only say they don't have a choice to feel better about themselves. Third party and abstinence were both options in this case.

Well if all governing authority has been established by God and there are no authorities that exist outside those that God has established then according to the first part of that scripture we need to submit to it. (Romans 13:1-7) Remember even David when he had the chance to end Sauls life and was being urged to his response was "Don't destroy him! Who can lay a hand on the LORD's anointed and be guiltless?". (1 Samuel 26:8-9) Even when Pilate said he had the power to free or crucify Jesus, Jesus reminded Pilate  "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above." (John 19:10) 
For me at least I trust this whole election was from beginning to end in God's hands. Trump is president because that is who God determined who be there and I will respect this as God's will and continue walking in my walk with Him. Because at the end of all this God is still who I need to look to to rule in my life and I know all the the governing authorities need to keep their eyes on him also so I will pray for them and their walk also.

Don't know if it's the media exaggerating him or not but I do know there's never been this kinda feeling or problem with a president (that I've experienced anyway),before he was even in office,the negativity that comes with him can't be good. But I agree with those who say we need pray for them ,and wherever we live. Don't think it doesn't matter.

Trump is a 'racist sexist hate-spewing bully' because that's what a lot of rich Americans WERE back then. He owns at least millions of dollars and has power over lots of people, it's natural for him to have an attitude that looks down on others. I personally believe it's not RIGHT for him to act that way, mind you, but it is the way he acts. I think much of what he said is blown WAY out of proportion and there is a lot of misconceptions and non-facts thrown about to make both candidates look bad, which is still floating around. I could go into each and every one of them, but it wouldn't change much.

Clinton is a very strange woman in my eyes, and her entire career seems to be reptilian in nature, sneaking around and writhing in possibly corrupt exchanges, some of which may cost the lives of others. She has some experience in government, but not experience we can all admire her for whatsoever. I think she's a better person than Trump, in that regard, if you really look deep down into it, but by how much is hard to tell. I also don't agree with having her as a political candidate.

If it was my choice? I simply would not vote, as I see Gary Johnson and Jill Stein as strange and unfit for office.

We will need someone who is fit for office, calm and steadfast, and knows exactly what he believes, what he wants to do, and how to do it, not a trade between a 60s billionaire nightmare, and a corrupt woman who may have actually be responsible for the deaths of several people. As far as Christianity goes? Christianity =/= Politics. Our country is not a Christian country, it has a christian majority(If you want a 'Christian Country' look at Greece for an example). We CAN have a state ruled by Christians, but with a growing atheist, Muslim, and various other minority religious populations, it will not always be so easy to acquire wise Christian leaders, especially in a time where all is criticized. Democracy is a fair but harsh system, where nobody can truly exercise the extent of their beliefs, as there will always be very harsh opposition.